“Good value and a very pleasant couple of hours.”
Review of Munro's

Munro's
Ranked #337 of 2,669 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open Now in Glasgow's West End...a quality craft ale pub with a unique range of contemporary craft & cask beers alongside great fresh food, real coffee & fab wines!
Reviewed January 11, 2018

Groupon voucher. Easy booking on line. Warm welcome and attentive staff. Pleasant atmosphere and reasonable pub grub. Good value and a very pleasant couple of hours.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

Out with friends on our Christmas night out where we stopped in for a drink, did not enjoy it one bit. Even though we are in the festive season this place had a strange atmosphere. The staff were quite unfriendly and unwelcoming. I can understand that to be the case if there is a large group of people coming in being loud but this simply was not the case. We had one drink and then left. This is the second time I have been here (gave it another chance), I certainly wont be considering visiting this place again.

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

My son and I went into Munros last Thursday evening for a pint and some food. First thing I noticed was how pleasant it looked as I went to the bar where I was warmly greeted by all 3 behind it. Before asking we were asked if we wanted to eat an offer which we took up and very glad we did and we were informed that vegan dishes were also available which we thought was good as although not vegan myself we do have vegan members in the family.
Our pints of Moretti were poured perfectly and we weren't allowed to leave the bar until they were filled to the brim and then delivered to our table where we perused the menu which was full of tempting dishes. I ordered the house burger which came soon after accompanied by great looking and tasting fries along with a lovely coleslaw the whole dish was delicious, my son had the ale steak pie which again was most delicious accompanied with the same fries, peas and carrots in a lovely gravy.
Would I go back ?? MOST definitely and I'd take more of my family to this most friendly well run establishment... first class staff, beer, food all coupled with a great atmosphere, very good and appreciated experience, thanks !!

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

Popped in here with my (adult) son prior to attending a concert at the Hydro around 5pm on a freezing cold Thursday evening.
Had visited several years ago for a family birthday dinner so thought I’d give it another go.
Lovely decor and the Xmas decorations gave it an extra warmth.
I knew in advance that Munro’s was well known as a place to go for craft beers and also had a separate gin menu though sadly as I was driving and my son a non drinker it was Coca Cola all round.
Service was prompt and we both selected the popcorn chicken as starters. The waitress returned to the table very quickly and profusely apologised that they only had one portion of the chicken left. Seeing as it was only 5pm then it’s either extremely popular or it’s bad planning by the kitchen ?
As an alternative we chose the bruschetta and decided we would share both starters.
The food arrived quickly and was nice and hot. Have to say neither dish was what we expected. Maybe when we ordered the popcorn chicken we had KFC’s version in mind but we were presented with 3 large dark battered pieces of chicken which put me more in mind of a pakora. Bruschetta was two small pieces of bread but with a generous topping but did look a bit like a small cheese on toast.
That said they were both very tasty and we devoured them quite happily.
For our main course I chose the battered haddock and chips and was served a very large piece of fish with McDonalds style skinny chips.
No complaints and was delicious.
My son ordered a plain burger which arrived with the same chips.
My son has this weird habit of eating different parts of his meal in their entirety so he ate all of his chips and then moved onto the burger. After a couple of bites I could see that he was becoming a bit hesitant to eat more. When I asked what was wrong he said that the burger was a little too rare for his liking. At that point the waitress checked in with us to check how things were. I asked if it was possible for the burger to be given a little longer to cook. Explained that I believed it was cooked just wasn’t to his taste and apologised that we hadn’t been specific when ordering.
Waitress offered her apology and took his plate back to the kitchen.
In less than 5 minutes she returned with a complete new meal including more chips, apologised and stated that the cost of the burger had been removed from our bill. This gesture far exceeded my expectations.
The dessert menu only features 3 choices none of which we particularly fancied so chose to end the meal at that point.
The bill arrived minus the cost of the burger.
Overall a pleasant experience, nice decor and ambience, good food and superb service and service recover over and above expectations.
Not exactly local for us but would return if in the area again.

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

This is actually the closest restaurant to my place and I’m so happy because it’s a great place. I went there with my girlfriend for the first time and it was perfect. I usually don’t really like chicken burgers but the Cajun chicken burger looked good on the menu... and it was gorgeous. Perfectly balanced, spicy, sweet and tasty. The fries are tiny and well cooked, which is rare and good. We spared a caramel short cake sundae for the dessert, so good too. Everything with a perfect IPA and a good Glaswegian lager (chosen after a nice tasting of all the beers). The service is quick and super nice. The ambiance is cool with a good playlist and live music after 9. Perfect dinner, we’ll come back for sure!!