Our second visit to this B&B. Couldn't ask for a better location, right on Kelvingrove Park. The bowling greens and tennis courts are opposite so take your trainers and tennis racquets. Very quiet location. Short stroll to Kelvingrove Museum and Glasgow University. The have both en-suite and shared facility rooms. Decor a bit slap-dash in places and attention to detail, for instance dud alarm clock batteries and blown lightbulbs, not the greatest. However, the hosts are very pleasant and the breakfast very nice. Just a short taxi ride away from the shopping areas. For the money, would not stay anywhere else in Glasgow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alamo is a friendly family run Guest House overlooking Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Park with views of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, as well as Glasgow University, in the near distance. This elegant 1870 Victorian building is within easy walking distance (3 - 20 minutes) of the main 3 areas of Glasgow; The City Centre (Glasgow School of Art, Modern Art Gallery, theatres, etc), The West End (Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow University, Kelvin Hall, etc), Riverside (S.E.C.C. etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your Alamo Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamo Guest House Hotel Glasgow
- Alamo Guest House Glasgow, Scotland