Alamo Guest House
Hilton Glasgow(Glasgow)
US$278
US$231
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$340
US$283
US$172
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$188
  • Free Internet
US$221
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewskelvingrove parktennis courtsowner stevewest endglasgow universitykelvingrove art gallerybreakfast roomquiet streetdrawing roomwithin walking distanceshared bathroomyogurtcity centrewonderful staybreakfast was deliciousrestaurants and pubsperfect location
Reviewed February 12, 2012

What a lovely stay at a very windy time. Let me be clear, you get what you pay for...and more! They owners are lovely and its in a nice quite area. Hopefully, we shall go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honey-jac
Reviewed February 9, 2012

As I have said in the title "excellent" all you need for a comfortable and relaxing stay in Glasgow.
We were upgraded to superior room, Thanks Steve, and I must say it was suberb.
All in all I can only agree with all the positive posts and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We came to Glasgow in Jan 2011 to see John Barrowman in pantomime and stayed at the Alamo. That was at the end of the 2010 panto run.

We came again in December 2011 to see him at the beginning of the 2011 panto run.
We stayed at the Alamo again.

Due to our personal schedules, we could only stay one night this time, but all three of us agreed we had to return to this B&B.
Once again - location is perfect for the SECC. January and December 2011 we walked back.
This time we didn't get lost :) Absolutely perfect if you are in town to see a specific show.

Once again Steve was a great host.
Once again we were offered an alternative to our original booking, because they could accommodate us. So a free upgrade. Instead of a family room (double and single bed) we had the family room AND a double room. All downstairs with no other rooms on the staircase, so we effectively had a "wing" to ourselves. I snagged the individual room because I was there first and had had the longest journey!

We met Emma for the first time and she was as lovely as Steve. And Flash is still there and as charming as ever. Didn't get the name of the lady serving breakfast but she was as attentive as the owners and provided us with more toast with a smile.

Some reviews have had an issue with the breakfast not being Full Scottish. I disagree. There is so much to fill up on and it is good and fresh and high quality. I'd hate to go back and find a larger range of dried out, low quality items. Once again we had good bacon and eggs, fruit, yoghurt and croissants between us. There was much we didn't touch from sheer personal preference. The benefit of buffet is you do not have to wait and you can choose what you want. I far prefer it to having to scrape unwanted items off my plate.

The rooms were spotless as expected.
Power showers.
Full sized bottles of good toiletries (rare these days)
Plenty of towels.
Flat screen TVs and Wi-Fi alongside antique furniture.

I accept an ETAP room is much cheaper.
But it is a functional space to sleep in.
The Alamo is a pleasure, and to me well worth the price.
And I'm on a low enough income for that to be a real compliment.

As I said after my Jan 2011 stay - if John Barrowman is in panto in Glasgow again, I will stay at the Alamo. Attention to detail, five stars.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed at the Alamo for five nights over the New Year period. It is a stone's throw from the park, and situated in a lovely quiet terraced street very close to all that Glasgow's West End has to offer. The place has a real homely feel, and all the Christmas decorations and huge tree made it a great place to be over the festive period. Steve and Emma were friendly and accommodating, always willing to help out with recommendations for places to visit. Steve was dressed in full Scottish regalia for Hogmanay, and his whisky collection was on display for guests to learn about and sample. Despite gale force winds and constant rain we felt warm and cosy, and we plan to return to Glasgow and the Alamo when the sun (hopefully) will be shining in the summer!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We look forward to returning to the Alamo House in April, 2012. The location in only one reason to stay here. It is on a quiet side street across from Kelvin Grove Park and Museum. Each room is unique with interesting antique and comfortable furnishings. Even though some have shared bathroom facilities, we have rarely even seen other guests in the hallways or showers.
Steve and Emma are welcoming and helpful. The breakfast room, with its decorative painted ceiling and view across to the park is stunning.
Returning to the Alamo House is always a highlight of our trips to Scotland.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple