All reviews botanic gardens bigger room excellent location city centre university gig
Reviewed October 1, 2016

The service was really friendly, but this place is so in need of a total refurbishment. Had the family room which was large and comfy, but mould arond the shower and windows, broken toilet and noisy plumbing!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank kt1_12
Reviewed August 25, 2016

Booked this very last minute to avoid early morning travel to Glasgow for an appointment the following day and was shocked at how appalling this place was! The "manager" whose mobile no. was pasted to the door told us our room number which turned out to have 3 single beds and not the double we had booked. He then suggested another room which was in the basement so I gave up and called the owner who was no more help. She told me I had been given the best room in the house because I had asked for a lot of light (I am visually impaired) but the room was like a dormitory. It had 4 single beds llned up, which had no headboards and one was actually in the fireplace. The toilet was a disgrace with a huge chunk of porcelain broken off the cistern and the room. Door wouldn't close because the wood was so swollen. I left in tears and called Bookings.com who were extremely helpful and checked on availability of the other hotels in the area. My advice is that if you are considering this as a plac to stay, Don't do it!

Room tip: Don't even consider it!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kate A
Reviewed August 15, 2016

So we arrived on the Friday and were unable to enter the premises, upon calling Brian we were admitted and shown into our room after some confusion as to whether or not we had already paid. As you can see from the photo's the room was vile, there were no handtowels, no bathmats and a LOT of mould. It also had a window not offering a view of the botanical gardens but instead of a grotty high street with a couple of clubs meaning it was impossible to sleep, even with the window closed the noise was horrific.

Also no wifi.

We returned on Saturday night to the hotel and were greeted by a very upset lady, she let us in but didn't say a word, flung herself down in a chair by the door and shouted "oh for f's sake!" at me when I dropped my keys...

Checkout was at 10am the next day, after waiting around for some time and no one arriving we called Brian who told us to just leave the keys by the front door.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chloe A
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Gained admission to hotel by having to phone a mobile number written on the door. Man answering the phone gave me a code for door and said key in my door. Room clean. No sign of any staff only people who seemed to be living there.No inf regarding breakfast that I had paid for or where it would be. Had to make a phone following morning to be told 9am on lower floor. Left without as I was on my own and the place was weird.Not what the pictures were like on website

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank dthompson60
Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

Booked what I thought was hotel at 450 quid for 3 nights and turned out to be doss house 2 miles away. No staff and phone message for combo lock to get in main junkyard with key under mat in to what I would say students would be appalled at. Electrics extremely dodgy and absolutely appalling room. I will be informing environmental health as it looks like a health hazard. I own property and rent to students and would be ashamed of this. Avoid like the plague.

Date of stay: June 2016