“Affordable room in Glasgow” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel ibis budget Glasgow

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel ibis budget Glasgow
Ranked #70 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Dublin, Ireland
“Affordable room in Glasgow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I usually check Etap Hotels when I travel, this one had a good price compared to others in the city. The room is comfortable although the bed was not soft at all. It looks recently renovated, with the toilet and the shower separately. It is in 15 minutes walk along the river, It was a little bit difficult for us to find, so I would recommend you to follow the river if you are coming from the city centre or the train station, cross it on the white bridge (with the shape of a S) and continue along the river to your right. You will see the ODEON, the bowling and the Hotel next to it. The Hotel starts in the 6th floor as the lowest ones are a car parking. The breakfast room is next to the reception desk, It was a copious breakfast, we really liked it!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarmenJoness
Claire I, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Thank you for leaving your wonderful feedback about the Etap Hotel Glasgow on Tripadvisor.

I am extremely delighted you really liked our all you can eat buffet breakfast. It is a bargain priced at only £4.25 per person. We were refurbished last year and all our rooms are en-suite.

Claire Inglis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

We arrived to a gaggle of drunk girls flirting with the check-in staff (to be fair to the staff, they remained courteous & polite throughout) at 11.30pm.
We then went up to the room. We were shocked at the lack of basic amenities. The hallway was noisy & full of drunks.
The room stank, and it's 'amenities' were at best, basic. If you can sleep like a log despite outside disturbances & you don't mind staying somewhere that's like a basic youth hostel, I'm sure you'll be fine. The 'mattress' beggared belief, you would probably need to be fairly inebriated to manage to sleep on it in the first place.
We checked out within 30 mins once we found a suitable alternative & were refunded without question. The staff done a great job, considering - credit where it's due.
I can this is a popular stay for folk wanting to go to events in the City, get as drunk as they like, and be guaranteed somewhere to stay within easy staggering distance where they won't be asked to leave.
Our alternate hotel we ended up in, less than a quarter of a mile away cost us £10 more & was absolute luxury in comparison. So much so, I booked again with them on my next visit to Glasgow.
All in all, this was a terrible experience & I'd advise anyone to seriously re-think what their expectation's are of a 'budget hotel' before booking themselves in here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Claire I, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Etap Hotel Glasgow on Tripadvisor.

I was disappointed your stay was not as expected. All our mattresses are being changed later in the year as part of our re-branding to Ibis Budget. We are close to the city and if guests do not adhere to the Hotel's policies then they are asked to leave the Hotel.

I was pleased to read you found our staff courteous, polite and did a great job.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Great position..Beds uncomfortable..No kettle in room.... Apart from that could you tell the red headed girl with the lovely smile who came to my rescue last Friday morn to PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ e-mail me if she interested in going for dinner...

THANK YOU...

Room Tip: Room with a view..As she is VERY pleasing to the eye..
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Claire I, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for leaving your feedback about the Etap Hotel Glasgow on Tripadvisor.

I am extremely delighted our staff came to your rescue and you liked our great postion.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

The rooms are tiny! Tiny bathroom, tiny toilet (with no brush, had to tell the personnel once we left, very annoying! Some things are private especially if you are sharing with your mates!), no place to hang your towel when showering, as bathroom is too tiny, tiny beds, no wifi (pay 3£ for 2 hours! How now?) as in the list is endless! Literally! And the pictures are so different from the website! N 4£ for that "breakfast"? Really? Id rather have breakfast at franky n
bennies across the street, full english, for a fiver! And the swipe cards, had to change mine coz it never worked on the lifts! For 75£ for 3 nights, should do better. Stayed at the Ritz in Edinburgh for 3 nights, including full scottish breakfast for 63£! Only stayed at Etap coz of the weekend games. Next year, Scotstaun will see me in a different hotel! Please, improve!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Claire I, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 10 May 2012

I was disappointed your stay was not as expected. We are a low cost Hotel that offers comfortable rooms at very affordable prices, equipped with en-suite shower, toilet facilities and flat screen TVs with over 130 free, freeview channels. You are guaranteed a good start to the day, as Etap hotels offer an "all-you-can-eat" continental breakfast buffet priced at £4.25.

Boulogne-sur-Mer, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Good position so as to visit glasgow. The crew was very friendly and very professional. I recommand this hotel. Sometimes a little noisy, due to people who does not care of someone's else sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Claire I, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this review, 7 May 2012

I am extremely delighted you found our staff very friendly and very professional, liked out location and would recommand our hotel.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

it was ok actually! I was satisfied with the prise but not with the room service.i have been leaving there for 11 days with my husband. they have changed the sheets only once. it was so awful.
my husband and I went to Glasgow for work and we used to leave the room after 2 o'clock so maybe the house keeper hadn't any time to change our sheets but its not excuse.
So one day we got in the room and we thought that room was be cleaned but no!!! the only embarassing thing that they have done it was to turned the sheets from the other side. so these were not look dirty... the last think tha I want to mention is that they cleaned the room every day but they didnt change the sheets and the towels were changed only once.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

I was delighted with your feedback that you were satisfied with the price.

I was disappointed your bed was changed once in 11 days. I will raise this with our Head Housekeeper and re-training of our staff will be carried out.

Bournemouth, England.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I've stayed here several times over the years and its always offered good value advanced booking rates, this time some of the nights were as low as £21. I had a swift check in with a friendly receptionist and I was duly given a quiet room as requested. I wasn't expecting it to have been refurbished, but the make over has brightened up the white wash with a new green and white colour scheme, and some updates to the fixtures and fittings. The room housekeeping was excellent no complaints, everything worked as it should and the bed was comfortable.

There is one thing this hotel constantly fails on though. Disabled Parking; It is disgraceful that Accor Hotels have not sorted out this, and they allow their tradesman's guests to park their Transit vans in them outside the entrance. There is a huge free car park outside, and another huge free multistory under the hotel itself which is barely used. So if you are a disabled driver, do not book to stay in this hotel you won't be able to park.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

I am extremely delighted you found our advance purchase rates good value, check in swift with a friendly receptionist, your room quiet, housekeeping was excellent and bed comfortable.

The issue you have highlighted with non disabled drivers parking in our disbaled parking spaces is currently being addressed.