3,480 results
All reviews woodshed bar fun house family suite inverdruie restaurant toddler break main restaurant crazy golf kids club great for kids breakfast and dinner soft play school holidays outdoor activities public areas lounge area games room play park
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Our family descended on the hotel for a 3 day 80th Birthday celebration and we were looked after really well.
What I’m going to write here is in no way a criticism of the staff, who really were fantastic and that is what really makes the place so good, however, some of the facilities could be improved.
The bedrooms really do need air conditioning as they were unbearably hot and that obviously affected our sleep and therefore our stay.
I know the weather was very hot, however, I guess most of us expect more in 2018.
The foyer was brilliant for our big group (11!)and there was a lovely family feeling about it with kids of all ages running around.
We were impressed with the speed of service at the bar and the food at all of the restaurants was really good.
The swimming pool was small and probably needs an upgrade but it was fine for the kids to dip in to.
If we could have slept I’d be scoring the hotel higher because the staff are great and there’s a nice feel about the place.
I know there are plans to upgrade the rooms which will be a welcome improvement.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Victoria H, PA at Coylumbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Dave A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. As you rightly mentioned, our bedrooms have been hot lately due to the unusually hot weather we have been experiencing in the Highlands! We are in the process of finalising refurbishment plans however, and will be looking to have air-conditioning units fitted.
I am delighted to hear that our staff took care of you all during your stay here, and that you enjoyed your experience at the bar and restaurant.
We very much hope to welcome you all back in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton with our little ones. I have to say the service is very good and staff is very amicable, efficient (we ordered a glass of milk to our room at 4 am and came right away!) and very patient and good with kids. The shop is very convenient and packed with every little trinket you might need for a holiday in the highlands. Food is actually very good - we had the buffet for lunch and dinner. I would love the hotel to have an air conditioning system now that summer will be getting hotter in Scotland.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Victoria H, PA at Coylumbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear Gaby D, thank you for your review! I'm delighted to read your comments about our staff, and hope your children had a fun holiday with us. I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience in the restaurant. We have been very lucky with the beautiful weather lately, but it has made the rooms hot in the evenings. We are currently looking at having air conditioning units fitted, so hopefully we will have these in place next time you visit!

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I left this trip with serious mixed feelings. Over the years I have stayed here many times, mostly in winter. I have not stayed at the hotel for a number of years.
We decided to book a last minute trip for a few days. While overall I enjoyed the trip a few issues with the hotel left a bitter taste.

Pros:
Location, perfect for outdoor activities
Facilities, pool, gym, options for dining
Friendly staff

Cons:
Family Policy - basically despite having booked on a DB&B basis, as the 2 kids are over 5 we had to pay for their dining adding £62 to price. I accept this may have been in the terms and I never read this, I have stayed in many many hotels and have never experienced this, unsure if it’s a tactic to have their prices seem more competitive when displayed in search engines? Also seemed to be some confusion around this policy, we were told by staff member in the restaurant that we wouldn’t need to pay for the kids breakfast, but ultimately we were charged at checkout, but I was expecting this.
Decor - public areas are ok but the hallways mega dated don’t think they have been done since the 70s, rooms are pretty dated also, everything was clean, just tired and badly in need of a refurb.
Comfort - personally I found the beds uncomfortable and as the temperatures were high, the rooms have no AC so it was difficult to sleep. Also the rooms have minimal sound proofing so in the morning you will be woken by other guests leaving their rooms to go to breakfast.

Overall this hotel looks good on paper, but doesn’t feel like a Hilton hotel. While overall I had a good break I doubt I will be back at this hotel anytime soon, which is a shame.

2  Thank robertmQ3697XG
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is possibly the worst place I have ever stayed in my life, first of all let’s start with the arival. I was met by a 7” bohemoth who spat “would you like me to carry your bags”, I sheepishly turned away and declined his kind gesture and made my way to my room. My first obstacle (of many) was the narrow staircase in which I found myself wrestling my bag to make my way to the correct floor. I was suddenly confronted by the longest , most narrow and moist corridor in existence. I was just waiting for the the boy on the tricycle accompanied by a pair of twin girls holding hands. Once I finally arrived in my cupboard of a room I noticed the lovely decour , a lovely mustard yellow colour which worked in perfect harmony with the splats of brown in which I can only imagine where they come from and the stories behind them. It was time to sleep and due to mum and dad deciding to fight to the death for room in the double bed , my choice of sleeping equipment was the pencil case size double bed. Now . During summer in Scotland , when the weather is warm it is unbearable . Now I’d like you to imagine being in a sauna , times this by 12 and then to the power of 16 and add a stained duvet, lumpy mattress and sound of drunken men stumbling through the corridors . So in all , I barely slept. I decided to cut my holiday short and leave the hotel 3 days early and put myself out my misery and hitchhike for a ride home back to Elgin.

5  Thank Harry A
Victoria H, PA at Coylumbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Dear Harry A, thank you for your comments, which certainly set the scene. As you noticed, most of our porters are quite sturdy chaps. This certainly helps when it comes to helping our guests with their bags, some which are quite heavy. They are also adept at speedily navigating the narrow staircase and along the corridors. I am sorry you missed the twins – I believe they were on holiday during your stay.
The ‘mustard yellow’ room is a favourite of the boy on the tricycle, so we are unable to change the colour scheme at the moment in case it brings bad juju to the hotel. We are waiting for a sage ritual to be completed, and then we will be free to update the room.
The rooms have indeed been quite hot thanks to the lovely (and unusual) Scottish summer weather. But as global warming apparently isn’t a thing, please be reassured that should you visit next summer, it will be back to the usual 10oC and raining.
The drunken men you mention are actually the resident ghosts (their favourite tipple is red rum), and I apologise that they kept you awake. I will be sure to look into this.
I’m sorry that you chose to leave us early and hitch hike home – that can be very dangerous, so I hope you didn't meet anyone unsavoury.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

The hotel was chosen for its excellent location at the heart of the Park, close to every possible activity in these wonderful surroundings. It gets very busy though, with a lot of families with very young children (probably because of the

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Victoria H, PA at Coylumbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Dear alexb007,

Thank you for your review. We are lucky to be in such a beautiful part of the Cairngorms, and I hope you enjoyed the great weather we have been having and were able to get out and about exploring.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!