All reviews full scottish breakfast seen better days large ensuite excellent room single bed top floor wifi kettle carpet
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night, in Room 1. A huge double room with large en-suite at the front of the hotel. The check-in process was quick and friendly & I was directed up to my room. Clean, bright & very spacious. The sofa was very comfortable- as was the bed. The tv was a little small - but it was on the wall, which helped.

Breakfast was served in the front room, downstairs. Continental or Full Scottish. I just had cereal & toast. No complaints at all.

I’d stay here again without a doubt.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

An immaculate huge room and mahoosive bathroom, epic shower, very comfy bed, perfect full Scottish breakfast and the super friendly owners were more than helpful with any and every need etc. Would recommend this place to anybody coming this neck of the woods.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here couple of times, sometimes it was longer stay, sometimes shorter, but always it was good experience. I tried the pub and some of their meals as well and it was lovely. Rooms are always clean though some of them needs refurbished.
Ryan, the owner, is very helpful and I can say only good about him.
Lost one star, because WiFi on the top floor had weak signal. Would gladly update it to all five if that would be sorted ;)

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mindaugas V
Reviewed July 27, 2017

As per previous reviews, yes this hotel is very dated and could be doing with a lot of work, however the building is very old and would assume it would take years to eventually get it all "modern" looking again.

We arrived in our room after being given brief intro and key - advised doors are quite old so have to turn key and handle at same time. We did and opened fine. Room was very spacious - the bathroom itself could have fitted a single bed in. Room was dated however clean and clean bedsheets/towels which is the main thing. Room has kettle with usual accompaniments. WC was electric so makes a very loud noise when flushing so would advise if in this room don't flush throughout the night. From memory this was Room 1 but I might be wrong - Large room with large bathroom & double sinks.

Unfortunately we did have a mishap - around 230am I woke with the sound of water pouring in - turns out there was an issue with the window and because of the awful rain outside the water had completely ruined the carpet and curtains - luckily none of our stuff was near the window and there was a spare room for us to get another couple of hours sleep in before we headed off in the morning. Have to give thanks to the owner for making up another room for us (we woke him up too) - at end of day was just one of those things and could have been worse. Hopefully they get the window sorted. The other room we were moved to was much smaller but again clean and fresh sheets - managed to get back to sleep fine until morning.

Breakfast was good - partner had the Full Scottish I had scrambled eggs and toast. There were also cereals, yogurts, fruit etc as well as selection of teas.

5 minute walk from main centre area where all the restaurants are - would probably stay here again to be honest as long as the window issue was sorted.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2017

Our visit was of necessity and I was rather pleased to be staying opposite my very first home. I was staying at the top of the "black stairs" which I was up and down often when I was young. We were given the key to our room, which turned out to be very warm. I pulled back the net curtain in the room facing onto the street. A spider ran through the dust and webs. Don't know what was on the window, but it was opaque. The bed was comfortable, breakfast average, and the stairs inside the hotel were not hoovered during our 2 nights' stay. The weather was beautiful, so we'll be back in Wick, just not at this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2017