1,498 results
All reviews free movies free pool table reception bar modern hotel large tv train station central location business trip walk in shower one night stay excellent location toiletries
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Location convenient for centre of Inverness, reasonably priced public car parking is a short walk round the corner. Rooms are basic with a modern conceptual theme, bed is comfortable, shower is good, tv service with movies included is good. However, room rates are excessive. I did make a booking only 3 weeks in advance and August is there peak trading time, but the room is not worth this price. I paid for breakfast, but at 6.40 ready for an early start I could not get in to breakfast room as a Coach party were dining, perhaps a warning when I booked breakfast would have been good !! Went back 30 minutes later and the staff had cleared and re stocked breakfast area, food was well presented and tasty. So overall hotel stay was comfortable ....just over priced in my opinion, would return in off season and secure a lower rate next time!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Zsolt J, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and use all feedback to continually improve our customer service and guest experience. We do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon. Please note that we now offer breakfast inclusive rates and we have some great deals for off season.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Our first impression was disappointment at the location of the hotel, not somewhere I would have chosen to build and would also expect a car park.

The reception was trying to be cool, but failed, and it was a surprise there was not room ready a little early.

The room was very tired, with the bathroom looking very worn, there was the noise of an air conditioner outside, making open windows impossible, yet no air con in the room.

The WiFi was also very poor, more than a little disappointing in a hotel at this level and price.

We complained and received a price reduction but it wasn’t worth the reduced rate. So many better ones we found whilst walking around.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I'm sorry to hear your stay was not an enjoyable one. We strive to provide our guests with the very best customer service and whilst we are by no means perfect we do work hard to improve and respond to any feedback, good or bad. I do hope you will accept our apologies for the wifi issue during your stay and I hope you will consider our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

A good hotel for short stays
Room was good , clean & comfortable.
Unusual head rest for the bed.Which was a novelty.
Breakfast buffet was very good, tasteful with a variety of food.
The dining room had unusual decorations which was very interesting to read.
The staff were very friendly & courteous.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of our hard working team and we continue to look for new ways to improve our service for our guests. We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Zsolt Jakri

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This hotel is set up for trendy 20 year olds and just doesn’t work for anyone older. Reading the reviews that also seems to be the thoughts of most of those who have left a review.

The worst thing is that the food and drink are vastly overpriced for the standard of the establishment. There is very limited parking (£10) per night and the rooms are very basic.

I ate at the hotel and the food was all frozen food. They wanted £29 for a rib eye steak and I was sat in a corridor...

If you have time shop around... or if you don’t need to be in the middle of Inverness stay somewhere else. Inverness city centre is full of big loud bars and has very little charm...

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Zsolt J, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I'm sorry to hear your stay was not an enjoyable one. We strive to provide our guests with the very best customer service and whilst we are by no means perfect we do work hard to improve and respond to any feedback, good or bad. We are certainly different to most chain hotels and we are trying to make this clear prior to our guests' arrival.

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I checked in... room’s good... shower works...

It’s the bar and the food I’m struggling with...

Firstly I’m sat in a corridor... not my favourite environment...

Ribeye Steak £29...erm I think that’s London prices not bar food prices...

I settle on fish and chips... surely a place that charges £29 for a steak must do fish and chips well...

No. Frozen chips, frozen peas and I suspect frozen fish...

We are on the Moray Forth, there is fresh fish landed all around...go and get some and I would pay the prices...

Anyway I’ll pay for this and go for a beer somewhere that isn’t charging £4.50 a pint...

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

apologies for any issues with your meal, next time please let us know if you wish to change your table and we will do our best to accommodate your request! We are pleased you enjoyed the room and our new shower units - we like them, too.

We hope to see you again soon.

Team penta