“Men’s day out last saturday”
Review of Indian Ocean

Indian Ocean
Ranked #53 of 271 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We welcome you to Indian Ocean in Inverness, tempted by an unrivaled range of authentic & imaginative traditional indian foods. Our food is cooked to the highest standards only using the best quality & freshest ingredients. Our approach to healthy cooking is that we try to minimize additives in our dishes. We never forget that without our customers, many of whom have become friends, none of this success would be possible. So enjoy your meal & have a memorable experience.
Reviewed April 22, 2018

We all ordered meals all 6of us my freindhad a jalfrazi I had a Parthia both were like eating a vindaloo no taste just burning heat thesearecurrys weeatall the time but this was ridiculous

amccinv, Manager at Indian Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Hello Colin
Thank you for choosing to dine with us and for taking the time to review your experience. We are sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your meal, we do like to ensure our curries are authentic to their roots and contain fresh ingredients so they are flavoursome and rich. If you would like to discuss your evening further please email us at info@indianoceaninverness.co.uk. We hope you will join us again to try some of our other offerings.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t booked and were told on arrival that the restaurant was quite busy so might have to wait.

We were given free poppadoms and our food actually came quite quickly.

Attentive, friendly staff and very reasonably priced.

amccinv, Manager at Indian Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Hello gus909

We are so glad you enjoyed your meal and we could keep your comfortable while you waited, we are very proud of the customer service our servers provide as customer satisfaction is the most important to us.
We hope you will choose to dine with us again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I live in East London and finding myself in Scotland (Inverness) for a few days I needed my curry fix.

I read a lot of reviews for curry houses in Inverness and it didn’t look good, but I chose Indian Ocean because the menu looked interesting.

I need not have been worried.

We were there early after opening and it was empty. Three staff, all polite, and friendly, especially a the young lad.

Popadoms and pickles to start. With wine for her and Cobra for me. Good stuff although popadoms were quite large and we probably didn’t need 4.

Then we shared Lamb Madras, Chicken Garlic chilli Masalam, Sag Aloo and some rice.
The garlic dish was v garlicky, nice flavours and heat. Very good. The Lamb Madras was just perfect for me. Hot and flavoursome and just enough texture in the meat.

If this place was local to me (there are 50+ Indian/Bangladeshi places within a mile) it would do v well.

Only problem is I ate too much, so was thankful of a long walk back to our hotel!

amccinv, Manager at Indian Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Hello goron59

Thank you for choosing to dine with us and for taking the time to review your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal, and that you left full and satisfied! I will make sure to pass on your compliments to the staff, and I hope if you ever visit the area again you will visit again.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Chosen by chance from the hotel local guide. Very enjoyable Scottish style Indian!
Extensive menu.
Attentive staff but not over the top;
Most of my fellow diners seemed to be enjoying themselves also.

1  Thank Craig M
amccinv, Manager at Indian Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Hello Craig

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your visit with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us and that other diners did also. We hope that next time you are in the area you will join us again for another enjoyable meal.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

We decided to avoid the potential Friday night rush by dining early so the place was quiet as we'd hoped. The Staff were friendly and welcoming and we were seated straight away. I had the Lamb Bhuna and my husband had the Special Tandoori Chicken with cashews. He said it was the best Indian meal he's had in a long time. Starters, mains and a bottle of wine for £40 was good value in our opinion and we would certainly dine here again when visiting Inverness which we do a few times a year.

Hello Agnes

Thank you for reviewing your meal with us. We are over the moon that you enjoyed your visit, and that you left satisfied. We pride ourselves on great quality food, at a good price. We look forward to having you dine with us again on your return visit to Inverness.