All reviewspiano barthe rivermain buildingno liftlovely hotela river view roomeden courtsmall hotelthe ground floorvenisonshower roomone night staybed was very comfortabletown centreenjoyable stayfull scottish breakfastbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed August 6, 2018

If you are on the 2nd floor, forget about any wi-fi. You will be "the only person that ever had a problem with the wi-fi." .. sure. No elevator, no help. General lack of attention to detail. No counterspace in bathroom. Broken blind in bathroom. Bathroom light not working. Antiquaited (not quaint) key system could be a safety concern. Sloping floor in the small 2nd floor room. Bath had been redone, about as large as the rest of the room. No "extra" facilities ... pool, spa, fitness. Would not go back.

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd floor if you want wi-fi
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank OldWebfoot
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Oldwebfoot, thanks for reviewing your stay. We have more than adequately provided for wifi in all areas of the hotel. We are connected to superfast fibre broadband so seriously we don't have any issues, unless a router needs reset and a simple call to Reception can rectify this. We are a Grade II listed building so we don't have an elevator, and we clearly state this on our site. Nor do we advertise a pool, spa or fitness suite as we don't have these either. Not sure why you would bring this up. Nor am I sure why you are having a go about us using a lock and key for our rooms. We don't generally have safety concerns but I think you will find that the majority of guests would rather lock a door with an actual mechanism than an electronic card.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

Our room was located in the next door building just south of the building where you check in. We were pleased with the room. It was clean and comfortable enough for 2 nights. Our room was located on the backside so we didn't get a view of the river like rooms on the front. The common living room area downstairs, including a piano, is a classy touch and was a nice place to go if you needed more space. Breakfast in the morning was very well done. The location is an easy walk into town or if you just want to stroll along the river. Overall, a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Request a room with a river view if one is available.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Hi Almaden, many thanks for reviewing your stay. Very glad you were able to enjoy your room and the location - next time you must book a river view room! Glad you enjoyed your breakfast, when you come back for your river view you'll need to try dinner too :)

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We had dinner at the Glenmoritson restaurant. After dinner, we drove 2 hours to Perth only to find out we had left backpack at restaurant. Glenmoritson said can arrange to send our backpack to our next stop, Edinburgh where we would be staying from date to date. We were told no more than GBP20 would be charged for this arrangement and the backpack had been couriered and would be arrived in our Edinburgh hotel.

Glenmoritson had already charged my credit card for GBP20 and gave us a tracking number 'APC1391882' but APC was told that no such tracking number existed and it seemed that Glenmoriston never placed any courier order for us.

In our case, Glenmoritson "Pretended" to courier our backpack and gave us fake link and fake tracking number. We could not believe a reputable luxury hotel in Scotland would deceive travellers like this. What were their intentions in the first place?tried to scare off tourists.?

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Hi Mr Chong

You have been very selective with your recounting of this story. It was you who said you would not pay more than £20 for the delivery of the ruck sack, we have the emails to prove this. It was not possible to get a next day delivery for that price so we opted for a two day delivery to your next stop which was London.

"If the back pack can be delivered on or before 19 July, please charge the postal cost to my following credit card. I authorise a maximum charge of GBP20.00."

We took the rucksack to our local agent and were given a tracking number by the carrier Menzies and were advised that this would be checkable online the following day. They made an error in their system and as a result the number did not work, though they were able to tell us the package had reached London as planned. On our instruction they emailed you to tell you this, a matter you have chosen to ignore for the purpose of your “review”. See below.

Throughout these two days you made several abusive phone calls to the hotel. You said your English was not good but you were perfectly able to use the F word dozens of times, to the great distress of our staff who were doing their best to help you. How would you feel if someone spoke to you like this whilst you were carrying out your day-to-day job? Or indeed how would you like if someone spoke to your wife or mother like this?

And now to use this platform to try to damage our business is really just the last straw. We have reported this review to Trip Advisor as we do not take kindly to the abuse of our staff, nor to be accused of stealing, nor misleading or deceiving anybody.

You should be ashamed and this review should be an apology not a complaint.

"Dear Sir

Further to your communications with The Glenmoriston Townhouse, I can confirm that they dropped off a parcel for us to deliver to yourself.

Unfortunately, due to a technical error on our part, this has gone un-manifested; unable to be tracked.

We are currently in communication with both the sorting hub and delivery depot to ensure your package is located and delivered timeously, although we currently have no reason to believe it is not working its way through the system as normal.

Please be patient with both us and the hotel as we endeavour to resolve this issue.

We trust you find this in order."

Reviewed July 31, 2018

Our room was hot, dirty, poorly lit, and certainly not worth 280 quid per night. I have had better stays at premier inns (at half the price!). The building we stayed in was poorly decorated, used and in great need of refurbishment. The restaurant and the building its in was also in need of refurbishment. This hotel is by no means 4 stars, expect a 2 star experience, at a 5 star cost. My bed sheets had yellow stains on them, the shower floor was very slippery whilst I was showering, the bathroom floor is dangerously slippery, and the bathroom itself has mould on the ceiling, the water constantly goes between hot and cold, and the room itself is poorly lit. I dread to think of my beloved grandparents using that bathroom, as I know the would injure themselves. The rooms are bare and cheaply furnished, no pictures or paintings in sight. The bed itself is unremarkably comfortable. I have stayed in chain hotels like travel lodge and premier inn that I would use again over this disingenous overpriced “hotel.” May I also add that the exterior to our accomodation looks like council housing. PLEASE spend your money elsewhere and enjoy your holiday, also don’t bother with management as they seem to think their hotel is well worth the exorbitant price.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank ihub g

Are you sure you have the right place? Our hotel was built in 1895 and certainly none of it looks like "council housing", whatever that means. We use quality furniture and fittings, and all rooms have paintings. Our guests regularly comment on the comfort of our beds (unremarkably and otherwise), and the cleanliness of their rooms. Were your grandparents sharing the room also? If so, I think you got a good deal.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We only visited for drinks but I just wanted to put in a good word for the staff at your bar. Me and my friends came to the hotel for a few drinks before a concert and we had my little sister with us. The man serving our table was absolutely fantastic and the rest of the girls very attentive. My sister was a bit bored being with me and my friends and when we asked if they had anything that could keep her entertained the man very nicely gave her some colouring in pencils and pad. Then he came over with a lovely little mocktail for her, with beautiful art on it and she was absolutely delighted to be able to have a nice drink with me and my friends.

What fantastic service, it really was lovely he made her her own little mocktail and I just wanted to say a massive thank you for making her day! Have been telling everyone about your lovely staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome in the beautiful bar. Thank you Glenmoriston!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sutherland637
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent visit to the bar. It was our absolute pleasure to serve you ladies, and we hope that you had a great time at the concert. Thanks for spreading the goodwill, we hope to see you again soon.