“Fab Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Fab Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband & I were booked into Kingsmills Hotel staying on 5th - 7th March 2012, we were given a free upgrade to KingsClub Hotel - We absolutely loved our KingsClub Room & we were very grateful we got the upgrade. We also spent quite a bit of our time in the Kingsmills - The staff were very friendly & courteous (could'nt do enough for you) - My only complaint was the evening meal we received at the Inglis - the standard off food was extremely poor i.e. 1st & 2nd courses were frozen cold), we complained to they duty manager, he advised he would speak to the Chef (we left restaurant without eating anything). However we will definately be returning again in the Summer (will not eat in the restaurant). On the plus side the breakfasts were great.

Room Tip: I would definately recommend the Kingsclub Hotel, their rooms are gorgeous
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a guest review. I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed our Kingsclub. I was very surprised to read your comments on your dinner in the Inglis restaurant.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Kingsmills again and if you are coming back this summer please do let me know as I would like to discuss your feedback on dinner further, idealy in person.

Craig Ewan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Elgin, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

With five friends we recently stayed the night at the Kingsmills, the staff were very friendly.Unfortunately one room had no shower head, which could not be replaced and the best suggestion was to use the shower in the pool area ! Not ideal to say the least. Our own twin room was spacious however the shower was distinctly grubby and anyone larger than a size 14 would not have managed to enter said shower - very odd sliding doors offering a very small gap in which to enter/exit. Beds were old but an attempt had been made to refurb them with mattress toppers which served to make them not only soft and saggy but also unbearably hot.Public areas were lovely. Drinks very overpriced -£8 for two bottles of water and £25 for a bottle of
house red ! Close to the city centre and lots of fantastic places to eat and drink.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fab4ty
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your guest review. I was glad to hear you had a good stay overall and found our associates very friendly. I apologise your shower head broke over the weekend and we were not able to replace until Monday. The standard rooms are due to be fully refurbished at the end of this year. The rooms are very clean and tidy and are serviced fully daily, however do so some signs of wear. All of our rooms do have mattress toppers which do provide a sightly softer however very comfortable sleep package, we do lots of compliments regarding these. Apologies that you expectations were not delivered on this visit. I would hope that you would come back to Kingsmills hotel in the future. Please let me do if you do.

Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

The hotel is ideally situated only a short distance from the A9, without having to travel through the City Centre traffic. The facilities at the hotel are excellent and the garden room was very spacious and ideal for anyone travelling with a four legged companion as there were patio doors opening right on to the garden area. The stay was excellent value for money, with the total bill, including a 2 course meal and bottle of wine less than £145.00 for the night. The food was of good quality, well presented and again represented excellent value for money. The dining experience was very relaxing, with a lovely ambience from the background music of the live pianist playing in the bar area. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and I am not very ease to please.

Room Tip: The garden room (No 40) was spacious, quiet and excellent for anyone travelling with a dog.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vicki G
Wick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Very welcoming friendly staff, comfortable spacious rooms very quiet too. Enjoyed the leisure club, the pool is too small for much of a swin but was refreshing for a dip after I'd used the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.We had a very good dinner the duck was particularly good, very tender. We'll definitely stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was glad to here you had a great stay at Kingsmills. The Leisure Club is the perfect place to relax and our a la carte menu dishes do receive lots of positive comments. Chef does source a lot of local ingredients and has a very skilled team.

Thanks again, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed in the new kingsclub part of the hotel and the room was very nice. Decor was relaxing and the room was very clean and tidy. Also had dinner in the hotel and the food was very tasty.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your guest review. I am delighted you had a relaxing and fantastic stay in our Kingsclub. I am glad you appreciated the modern and contemporary decore. I am also glad that you enjoyed the a la carte restaurant and the quality food.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills.

Stirling, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed here on a business trip and we had a private dining room at no extra charge which was a lovely touch. the rooms were very comfortable, clean and had everything you might need. Staff were very friendly. The food was generally good, although a few of us found our steaks well done in parts, and rare in others. I had breakfast in my room and that arrived promptly and was hot and well presented. Good car parking.
No time to try out the pool etc. Internet access is chargeable.

Room Tip: This is my second stay at the Kingsmills. My first time I was upgraded to a luxury room which was HU...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you completing a guest review. I am glad you enjoyed your last stay and found the hotel to have "personality". We do now do a lot of private dining for all sorts of occasions and like yourself we do receive many positive comments regarding the food quality and the great service.

Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Inverness, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Having been invited to stay for dinner after a business meeting, to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The restaurant is clean and tidy and the staff ( all be it, not one from the UK ! ) very attentive. The food was most disappointing. When my starter of Thia prawns appeared I was confronted with four little prawns,heads on, in a sauce with some lettuce. All for the sum of £8.95. The main course of Duck was again disappointing being served with a sticky rice on the side. Again, all for the sum of £18.50. The couple at an adjacent table sat throughout their meal using a laptop which was placed on their table. A few football shirted gents sat at another. If they are paying good money to stay there then its up to them what they want to wear - its just it made the eating experience a little like being in McDonald's.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business