New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Inverness
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Excellent Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We held our wedding and reception in the Kingsmills Hotel in March. We were so impressed by this Hotel. We had a large number of guests staying in the Hotel including ourselves and we never heard one complaint. The rooms are of a very high standard. The staff in the Hotel were outstanding, everything was covered from start to finish and nothing was too much trouble. The wedding meal was excellent, the food was delicious and the service was very efficient. I honestly cannot fault the Kingsmills Hotel; The General Manager Craig and his team were brilliant on the day and their attention to detail made everything so special. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Judy H
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a guest review after your wedding weekend with us. I was very much delighted that you and all your guests had a great weekend and all enjoy your special day. We do really enjoy delivering good quality customer service along with quality food and beverage produce. The small details do make all the difference and I am please you appreciated them.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to Kingsmills in the future.

Craig Ewan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Greek first
invergordon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I were 'gifted' a 'Romantic Retreat' in the Kingsmills, - Delux room, fruit, champagne, dinner bed and breakfast. Also a voucher for Signature Lux massage in the new Kingsclub building. When we booked, we specifically requested a room in the 'main hotel' as we wished to make use of the Pool facilities.
On arrival, we were informed we would be staying across in the Kings Club facility ! Once we explained our original request, we were allocated a room in the main hotel. Our room was spacious with a lovely big king bed but overall 'tired' in appearance. Horrible view of a flat roof! Furniture shabby, bedside lamps and hall light did not work. was delighted to discover a 'spa' bath but then devastated to discover it did not actually work, water was lukewarm.
Fresh fruit in room as promised turned out to be 3 wizened golden delicious apples - fit only for the bin.
Champagne eventually arrived - an hour after our arrival. Bar fridge was empty.
Enjoyed pool, steam room etc butagain let down as sauna was out of order.
We were informed that our 'romantic retreat' voucher would not cover us for dinner in the dining room (as specified on the voucher), instead we would eat in the Conservatory with a £30 pp voucher for food.
Service was extremely slow, we were nearly finished our starters before our drinks arrived and we had to request a glass of water 3 times before it arrived! Our meal was delicious when it eventually arrived.
Signature luxury massage also bit disappointing - took approx 35 minutes - no sign of the hot candles, herbal tea etc .......
All in all, we were disappointed. This was a Christmas gift, purchased at our friends expense to give us a lovely treat and I think we were a bit short changed on the whole. A 4 star hotel which offered us 2 star quality.

1 Thank shirley m
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your guest review.

Further to your recent stay at Kingsmills, your review on trip advisor and your subsequent visit to see one of our duty managers I did write to you to apologise for your experience. It is never our intention for our guests to leave our hotel dissatisfied.
Following your complaint I have investigated your complaints:
Your initial booking was for a Romantic Retreat which included two nights’ accommodation in a deluxe room and a bottle of Moet et Chandon. Our reservations department had looked at your booking and thought they were doing you a favour by up grading you to a “Retreat” room in the Kingsclub; you had been allocated room 702 which is the best room in the house, where your chilled champagne was waiting for you. However I am aware that on arrival you declined the upgrade which we were not expecting and you were allocated our last available Deluxe room and hence the delay in bringing the champagne from your initially allocated room to your revised room.
I am a little confused at your comments regarding your dinner options. We have for a number of years now allocated each guest on a dinner inclusive rate a voucher per person to the value of £30 each for dinner. This gives you the customer the choice and flexibility to choose whether to eat in our Inglis restaurant which is a fixed price table d’hôte restaurant, our conservatory a la carte menu or to have room service. I apologise if this was not made clear to you however this has been our policy for over two years and all associates are normally very good at explaining this.
The fridges in the Deluxe rooms are simply just fridges, the only rooms which have mini bars are the Kingsclub rooms.
I am aware that you both also had a spa treatment. I am aware that your husband was booked in for one of our Lux Signature treatments. On investigating with our therapist, I am being told that during the consultation which is a critical element of the treatment that he did not want to have the facial element of the treatment and was given a voucher back as a result of the treatment being cut short with no facial. I apologise that our associate got the communication wrong as she was under the impression he did not want the rest of the experience either and opted for a full body massage, hence no candles or herbal tea.
As I said at the start of the letter it is never our intention to under deliver any experience, I am sorry we have got this wrong on this occasion.

Since you posted your guest review I have personally be in touch with you and I have received your e-mail to say you are happy with my resolution.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills hotel for your next stay.

Tongue
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed at the Kingsmills last friday night on a last minute spur of the moment trip to Inverness. Beautiful clean and comfortable rooms lovely meal with attentive but unobtrusive staff. Breakfast was good as well with a buffet or hot cooked option. To quote Arni "I'll be back"

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your guest review. I was delighted you enjoyed your impromptu stay at Kingsmills and enjoy the quality accommodation and great dinner.

I like your "Arni" quote and look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

During Pantomime season at Eden Court Theatre, Inverness whilst playing Fairy Godmother in Cinderella, I was privileged and delighted to have had the opportunity to be a guest at The Kingsmill Hotel in Inverness. Our stay was delightful with a wonderful room and delicious breakfast over the Christmas Holiday. Thank you Kingsmill for a super time. I hope to be back. Best wishes Helen Watson

Room Tip: The Kingsmill Hotel and Spa is a superb place to stay in a wonderful City.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a guest review. I was delighted that you enjoyed your brief Christmas stay at Kingsmills.

We do actually have our own "staff" pantomime that we put on for all of your guests on our Hogmanay package on the first of January every year. You would find it very entertaining to come and watch us.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Kingsmills.

Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband & I were booked into Kingsmills Hotel staying on 5th - 7th March 2012, we were given a free upgrade to KingsClub Hotel - We absolutely loved our KingsClub Room & we were very grateful we got the upgrade. We also spent quite a bit of our time in the Kingsmills - The staff were very friendly & courteous (could'nt do enough for you) - My only complaint was the evening meal we received at the Inglis - the standard off food was extremely poor i.e. 1st & 2nd courses were frozen cold), we complained to they duty manager, he advised he would speak to the Chef (we left restaurant without eating anything). However we will definately be returning again in the Summer (will not eat in the restaurant). On the plus side the breakfasts were great.

Room Tip: I would definately recommend the Kingsclub Hotel, their rooms are gorgeous
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a guest review. I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed our Kingsclub. I was very surprised to read your comments on your dinner in the Inglis restaurant.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Kingsmills again and if you are coming back this summer please do let me know as I would like to discuss your feedback on dinner further, idealy in person.

Elgin, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

With five friends we recently stayed the night at the Kingsmills, the staff were very friendly.Unfortunately one room had no shower head, which could not be replaced and the best suggestion was to use the shower in the pool area ! Not ideal to say the least. Our own twin room was spacious however the shower was distinctly grubby and anyone larger than a size 14 would not have managed to enter said shower - very odd sliding doors offering a very small gap in which to enter/exit. Beds were old but an attempt had been made to refurb them with mattress toppers which served to make them not only soft and saggy but also unbearably hot.Public areas were lovely. Drinks very overpriced -£8 for two bottles of water and £25 for a bottle of
house red ! Close to the city centre and lots of fantastic places to eat and drink.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fab4ty
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your guest review. I was glad to hear you had a good stay overall and found our associates very friendly. I apologise your shower head broke over the weekend and we were not able to replace until Monday. The standard rooms are due to be fully refurbished at the end of this year. The rooms are very clean and tidy and are serviced fully daily, however do so some signs of wear. All of our rooms do have mattress toppers which do provide a sightly softer however very comfortable sleep package, we do lots of compliments regarding these. Apologies that you expectations were not delivered on this visit. I would hope that you would come back to Kingsmills hotel in the future. Please let me do if you do.

Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

The hotel is ideally situated only a short distance from the A9, without having to travel through the City Centre traffic. The facilities at the hotel are excellent and the garden room was very spacious and ideal for anyone travelling with a four legged companion as there were patio doors opening right on to the garden area. The stay was excellent value for money, with the total bill, including a 2 course meal and bottle of wine less than £145.00 for the night. The food was of good quality, well presented and again represented excellent value for money. The dining experience was very relaxing, with a lovely ambience from the background music of the live pianist playing in the bar area. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and I am not very ease to please.

Room Tip: The garden room (No 40) was spacious, quiet and excellent for anyone travelling with a dog.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family