“Unique and Memorable”

Torguish House B&B and self-catering cottages
Ranked #73 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Torguish House was a unique experience... perfect for antique lovers, those interested in collectibles and animal lovers. The home is located just off the highway within minutes of the Culloden battlefield which was very convenient. Each room has its own colour scheme, ensuite facilities and is lovely and clean. We were also pleased that several rooms had North American queen size beds available! Our host Ben was very personable and provided a delicious breakfast. Two thumbs up for Torguish House.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nancy C
There are newer reviews for Torguish House B&B and self-catering cottages

Reviewed 23 September 2011

We have just got back from a week touring Scotland on motorbikes and spent two lovely nights at Torguish House.
It is an enchanting place to stay with each room having its own eclectic style. The breakfasts are delicious, ''especially Siobhans porridge'', oh sorry Ben ''and the baked beans !!!!'' .
Mentioning the hosts Ben and Siobhan. They are a lovely couple who made us feel so welcome and when we left made us feel as if we were saying goodbye to friends. For Motorbikers ; Ben is a mine of information for good rideouts and being an enthusiast himself, there are lots of magazines and books to keep you occupied on an evening.
We had one very wet day whist there, so after a leisurely breakfast we explored 'The Shed', made friends with the goat, fed the Goose, explored the garden and chilled and once the weather brightened up went out on the bikes.
As it is a B&B we had to seek out a place for an evening meal which was not a problem as Ben recommended a place to us and drove us there . After the meal we just taxied back...easy..!!!
I cannot recommend Torguish House enough and look forward to staying there in the not too distant future either in the B&B or the cottages.
Thank you Ben and Siobhan for making our stay so lovely.
Take Care Jude and Geoff.x

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GShuni
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Upon arriving in Daviot, I had booked another B&B, but they were unable to put me up as they had been in a car accident and had found me alternative accommodation at Torguish. I do hope that the owners of Daviot Lodge are home safe and well before I go on any further!!
I arrived at Torguish to be told that as I was on my own I was going to get the worst room and that the shower did not work and that they had been struck by lightning so no TV either for the duration of my stay. Here goes, I thought!
I woke for breakfast the next morning and was treated to a homely, non pressured and tasty cooked breakfast after a really good night's sleep. I had chatted to Siobhan the night before about my visit and her partner Ben had picked up that conversation and was genuinely interested.
I thought the family ran a really great B&B, it is quite alternative and quirky, but that is part of it's charm and I cannot give enough thanks and praise to the Moor family for making my few days with them as enjoyable as possible.

Many thanks,

Rich Graham

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Myself and my husband stayed for 2 nights. Torguish House is beautiful. The care and attention that has gone into the decor is second to none and the amount of little curios and interesting little "bits and bobs" dotted around the Lounge and dining room are fantastic. The breakfast we had was perfect. Enough choice to suit anyone and everyone and there when you want it. Nothing is too much for the people who run Torguish House. They make you feel more than welcome with their warm and friendly personalities and charm. The service is second to none. The grounds of the house are just lovely with an exquisite view wherever you look. I would certainly recommend spending a long time perusing the two shops situated within the grounds. I found some wonderful things to take back to my friends and family. I like to go on a lot so to summarise.....

If you are looking for a charming and interesting place to stay with the best service you could want given to you by the most lovely people then stay here. If I have one complaint it is the fact that I could not stay longer (but that was not their fault :) )

Thank you Ben, Siobhan, Mike and Angie for a beautiful weekend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helen P
Reviewed 25 August 2011

When you enter the site you will find an interesting ensemble of cottages, a old victorian house, a grumpy goose, goats, stables, old stuff ... and if you are looking for a good experience of B&B: BOOK THIS!

The owners are a really nice people. They equiped the B&B in a very pretty style. The breakfast was excellent and at two large tables we got easily in contact with the other guest. This is a B&B in the best tradition. We enjoyed 4 nights.

A good place for exploring the Inverness area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank KM66
Reviewed 25 August 2011

After visiting again for what must be at least the 10th time in the last couple of years this place continues to amaze. Angie, Mike, Ben and Siobhan are just fantastic and make everybody welcome and cannot do enough for you. The grounds are amazing and really relaxing, the wildlife is fascinating to watch and it is very peaceful after a long day out. The interior decorating has to be seen to be believed and there is always something new to look at. The breakfast is fantastic and the rooms are well appointed with an ample supply of tea and biscuits. The "shed" is definitely worth a visit and should not be missed. Would not consider staying anywhere else when in Scotland. If you tried the rest this is the best!
P.S. Stayed in the self catering cottages also which are excellent too and done in the same quirky style as the house - welcome just as warm but unfortunately had to make own breakfast :(

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Holmsey666
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I'm just back from a stay at torguish house and i loved every minute of it. Lovely place and the owners are amazing. Very friendly and were able to advise the best roads for me to ake my harley on. The recommendations were amazing!!! If you need to stay in the highlands but feel like you are at home then this is the place. I will be back next year but for longer!!!!! Can't recommend enough. Thank you guys and cya next year!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Nightster75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
7.0 km away
11.9 km away
Glenan Lodge Guest House
Glenan Lodge Guest House
#17 of 29 in Aviemore

Been to Torguish House B&B and self-catering cottages? Share your experiences!