Part of the Wetherspoons pub chain the hotel adjoins the pub of the same name and is ideally located in central Inverness a short walk from the Railway Station and near to the River Ness. The hotel is good value for money, my single room was small but had a decent sized bathroom, good tea and coffee facilities a flat screen TV and the breakfast (additional cost) is from the pub breakfast menu and is excellent.
The hotel is part of a pub chain and the pub is open until midnight at weekends so it can be noisy, also Inverness is popular with Stag and Hen parties and due to its cheap rooms The King's Highway is fairly popular with a youthful clientele. I went to bed late after a night out but was awakened at 3am and 4am by guests returning to the hotel and drunks in the street outside. i was also awakened at first light by screaming sea gulls!
The pub itself is one of the better Wetherspoons with a good selection of Real Ale and the usual Wetherspoons menu.
Pro's: Good Value, location, real ale, clean
Con's: Noisy guests / passers by, pub noise
Overall good value for money but if you stay at the weekend expect some noise / disturbance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 27 room JD Wetherspoon Hotel based right in the middle of Inverness city centre. Attached is our JD Wetherspoon pub which has been in the last five Good Beer Guides. Cask Marque accredited with excellent value award-winning range of food and drinks served in the bar from 7am daily (alcohol from 11am) with food served until 11pm 7 nights. The hotel had a major refurbishment as at April 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your King's Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Highway Hotel Inverness
- King's Highway Inverness, Scotland