“Great boutique hotel”
Review of Heathmount Hotel

Heathmount Hotel
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have stayed several times in the Heathmount hotel and would highly recommed it.

The hotel has a great restaurant and bar and have been made to feel welcome each time I have stayed.

Each room is fitted out differently and are all to a very hight spec!

All in all, I have had a great stay each time and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TwixRandJ

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Me and my boyfriend first went here in August this year for our year anniversary and we decided to go back for one night just to relax before all the christmas things for both of us kicked off. We both loved this place, I think we rated it as 1. staff : The guys that run that place are fantastic, even when you come in the door they put a smile on your face and have a general chat so you feel right at home.. 2. The food: What makes this place I think is the dinner they serve, both times when we were here it ticked all the right boxes. There venison and blackpudding main course is to die for, just melts in the mouth, and this time I actually ate is slowly so I could enjoy it more.. Starters are good too scallops I had were cooked just right and the desserts are good too and for what you are getting the price is reasonable. Breakfast is spot on especially after a long drinking session the night before, you can't beat a full scottish breakfast.. 3. the Rooms : In August we had room 4 which ideally is a family room but can be turned into a luxury double we chose this one mainly as we were staying longer and it was also a special occasion. This time around we had room 2 alot smaller but did the trick as we were only staying for one night and we only really used it to get ready and sleep. Nice touches in both rooms when we stayed, all different themes... but do include water and tea and coffee facilites and some wee cheeky biscuits too. Location is spot on 10 minute walk into the town centre and your in the heart of things. Both times we could not hear the bar from downstairs, yes ok sometimes you can hear people outside but it did not really bother us. Parking is fine as well but I think it depends when you go. In August car park spaces were fine, it does have a smallish carpark but I believe you can park across the road if need too. If someone is looking for a nice wee break away for the weekend I would suggest this place spot on as I know me and my other half would always be back to this place whenever we can, so all I can say is well done Heathmount it is well deserved :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EdinburghSunlight
Reviewed 1 November 2011

i had a speacial guest coming from Finland so i thought id better book a decent quality hotel but what a disapointment. Im 6.6 foot tall and given a room at max. 6 foot. i had to duck and dive continiuously in the room. When i asked for help and if possible to change the room, no response or whatsoever.

and the noise coming from the people using the bar downstairs and outside the hotel was unacceptable. will never use this hotel again and definately dont recommend to anyone for their poor customer service

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank andygarcie
Heath99, Owner at Heathmount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

We were very disappointed to view your comments regarding your stay with us during the month of September 2011. We would greatly appreciate if you could let us know by email the exact date of your reservation. We cannot trace any booking confirmation or registration in your name on our records.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed with Fiona last week before we went off to Loch Ness. The family room was perfect for us and all the facilities in the room were brilliant.. Better than some 5* star hotels I've stayed in recently.. Scott was really helpful and the food was exceptional. Thanks! And the room maid was more than helpful when we asked for some different water.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

stayed at the heathmount with my 80yr old mum for a birthday treat on 8th oct 2011.the staff were most helpful and very kind to my mum.ok some say its a pub with rooms but a very good friendly one.there was a swing night on and it made our stay.room clean and comfy.food delicious.walk into inverness no more than 5mins.will be back again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank aileen m
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This is a quaint hotel in a central location. We arrived on a Saturday night and checked in at the desk which is in the middle of a packed bar. We were a tad concerned there might be excessive noise but our room on the first floor was spacious, comfortable and quiet. The staff went out of their way our entire stay to make sure we had everything we needed. The included breakfast was delicious. We had dinner in the restaurant one night which was also great. The staff provided us with an extra cot, and tidied our room every day. They even offered to wash our children's clothes! It was clear that the owners wanted us to leave with a great impression of their hotel and it worked. Stay here if you want a pleasant surrounding, a close walk to the center of town and top notch care.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed in the Heathmount for two nights in August 2011. Our stay was delightful from check-in until departure. The staff, though young, are incredibly well trained. I attribute the pleasure of my experience at the Heathmount to their attentiveness. Our room was delightful, lots of windows and plenty of space.

Excellent recommendations on local touring, restaurants, and the most genuine interest in being nice made the stay superb. To put this review in perspective, on this same trip, I stayed at the Witchery in Edinburgh, Hotel Du Vin in Glasgow; I would put Heathmount up to them in service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple