“Best coffee I had in Scotland”
Review of The Wildcat

The Wildcat
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Description: Speciality coffee, loose leaf tea and delicious home-made food in the outdoor capital of the UK. 100% vegan cafe.
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

We arrived in Fort William after hiking from Glasgow. Our innkeeper said this place was 'hippy-like' which sounded negative. Well whatever they lable it: the place is lovely and peacefull. I'm a home barista and their coffee made me happy. Finally a place that serves great coffee :).

1  Thank Alex N

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

I am not vegan (or even vegetarian) but I am lactose intolerant so always have to ask for non-dairy alternatives. Lo and behold The Wildcat makes their drinks with oat milk as standard! Highly recommend their turmeric latte, which is amazing. We went back again and again (with reusable cups of course) and had tried their matcha latte and chai latte, which are also both lovely -but seriously, the turmeric latte - which we later found out is a labour of love as the turmeric and ginger paste is handmade by their own staff and takes 2 hours! Could not recommend enough, staff are great and friendly too.

2  Thank Kimmock1416
Stephen K, Owner at The Wildcat, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Hey, thanks so much for your lovely review!

There are a surprisingly high number of people out there who for whatever reason don't drink cow's milk, so it's great to be able to serve you 'milky' drinks, ESPECIALLY the turmeric latte! Glad you enjoyed your (multiple) visits!

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Coffee and cake tasted delicious. The atmosphere was great and the staff verry friendly. Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

Great light vegan snack just gutted I never knew about the take out cup policy (I agree with), will bring next time I have a tour to FT. William.

1  Thank Cannondave
Stephen K, Owner at The Wildcat, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Thanks for your review and sorry you missed out on a coffee. We're trying to make sure everyone can still have a coffee, and soon we should have porcelain mug drop off points at either end of the High Street (one being the train station!). Hope you get one next time.
Stephen

Reviewed May 30, 2018

My wife and I popped in for a takeaway as vegan options have always been limited when travelling through Fort William.Love the look of the place and the staff were friendly and helpful.I plumped for the wrap containing tofu,mushrooms,cabbage and a hint of peanut butter.Most definitely the best wrap I have ever had,it all worked so well together.Loads of filling and very reasonably priced.The LemonAid,lemonade was lovely as well.No hesitation in visiting again when in the area.