“You won't find a warmer welcome!”
Review of Braeside House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Braeside House
Ranked #8 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2012

You won't find a warmer welcome or a better B&B in Fort William. The rooms are spotless, the views stunning and nothing is too much trouble for the hosts! Great showers comfortable beds I could go on and on, but you should just try it for yourself!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Hi Irene, thanks for your comments. Paul and I are so pleased that you enjoyed yourself while staying here with the family. We enjoyed your company very much and have not laughed so much in ages, of course it did help listening to the funny stories my brother told. Nothing is too much trouble for our guests, after all they are here to relax and enjoy themselves. Hopefully you will be able to return again sometime and perhaps bring your family along to enjoy the walks and the views. Aileen & Paul

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This B&B is absolutely lovely. Recently decorated and with a stunning view of the Loch from our room. Great shower (most important thing!), excellent breakfast (veal sausages and blues music on request!), and really friendly hosts. Aileen drove us down to the bank as my wife had hurt her knee, so I jumped out to get money, and five minutes later thought she'd kidnapped my wife. Turned out they'd just driven to the other end of the car park to wait for me, and were laughing so much they didn't hear me phoning in a panic! I'm stopping watching CSI. But I am buying some Gary Moore to broaden my collection. (If you don't like the blues, don't worry, as Paul just put it on for me as I'd commented on his t-shirt when we arrived. I don't believe it's played every morning!)

Next time we go up that way, we'll try and stay there again (book early as they only get good reviews), and it's possibly worth remarking that my best man comes from Lochaber and says he'd gladly put us up for free! Sorry best man - Braeside it is!

Room Tip: Just ask. If they can accomodate your request, I guarantee they will.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Oh Archie, your comments made Paul and I chuckle. I cannot believe that you thought I had kidnapped Rizki. You know where we live, hardly going to kidnap someone when you know where to find us. We certainly wont be recommending you to write any stories for CSI lol. You are such a lovely friendly couple it would be a pleasure to see you again and I promise not to scare you this time by hiding in the car park with your beloved. I hope your best man will forgive us for stealing you away from his visiting rights. Take care and hope to see you again soon. Aileen & Paul

Reviewed 10 March 2012

The moment I walked into this B&B I felt at home and welcome!! The view was stunning even though it was raining. My room was lovely and very nicely decorated with a modern feel. The bed was so comfy and had a really good nights sleep. Breakfast was very well catered for as there was a good selection of healthy food as well as the best looking cooked breakfast. Overall very well run and such a friendly couple. Thank you for looking after me, would defiantly recommend you to anyone!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Braeside House. We hope that your wedding plans go smoothly and your wedding day will be perfect. Maybe one day we will see you back again with your husband.
Regards
Aileen & Paul

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stunning views whilst enjoying my extensive breakfast. I recommend moving away from the noisy main road B&B's below up to Braeside House, not only are the views amazing but also the company. Aileen & Paul are such a lovely couple, I've never been made so welcome in a B&B, I will definitely be returning.
Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Cashy76

Thanks for your comments, we hope you keep your promise and come back. We look forward to seeing you again and your girls.

Aileen & Paul

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My wife val and I stayed at braeside house when we were up in fort William for an overnight break this weekend.
We arrived a little earlier than planned but this was not a problem as Paul and Aileen welcomed us in with open arms. We were blown away with the first impression and already said to ourselves within 5 minutes that we would be back.
The house has a very home from home feeling and felt more like we were going to visit family than staying in somebody else's home as Paul and Aileen made us feel that way.

We walked down to the waterfront to go for dinner, this only took about 5 minutes.
On return we were invited in for a drink as it was Aileens birthday and they were having dinner party, this added to the personal touch we had already experienced. An hour and a half later and some funny stories from them both we retired to our very comfortable and warm room and had a great nights sleep.

In the morning we were presented with a range of breakfast options in the breakfast room to where we had amazing views across the loch. Breakfast was simply brilliant and cooked to perfection. We were not rushed out the door and were left to our own accord and get things together.

We are planning on going back this summer and hopefully enjoy another great night or two at Braeside house along with excellent hospitality.

Thanks again Val and Craig, Glasgow.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CraigDTaylor1985
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Craig and Val thank you for your lovely comments. We are only to pleased that you enjoyed yourself and will be extremely pleased to see you back here again. Likewise Paul and I thought you were both lovely and it always makes it a real pleasure when we have guests as friendly and as pleasant as yourselves. The comments you gave were so lovely especially since we know that you have been to luxurious places such as Mauritius. You made and unexpected but welcomed and pleasurable edition to my birthday memories. Aileen & Paul

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Quite often when you stay at a B and B you feel as though you are invading the owner's personal space, by living in their house and sharing their home. This is not at all the case at Braeside in Fort Williams. The owners welcomed us into their homes with open arms and we never felt uncomfortable or as if we were intruding once. There are so many great things to write about this B and B that I think I will list them so I don't miss any:

1. Location: Braeside is only a 5 minute walk from the centre of the town.
2. View: The pictures DO NOT LIE, you have the most amazing view of the loch. We were fortunate enough to get a room with a view of the loch and woke to it every morning.
3. Breakfasts. The best breakfasts we had on our entire 5 week trip were at Braeside. The breakfast room overlooks the Loch and we could have sat there all day. The breakfast menu consists of yoghurt and cereals, juices and hot drinks plus your choice of eggs, porridge or pancakes.
4. The hosts. Possibly the two nicest people we met in Scotland. Both went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. They have a laundry service and nicely did our washing, folded it and returned it to our room. They knew my wife was gluten intolerant, so they purchased special foods for her to eat at breakfast. We said we loved the free hot chocolate, so they put extra in our room. We were greeted with free 'mini' scotches and ports, which we enjoyed over our two nights.
5. Value for money: The UK can be quite expensive, this was the best value we encountered on our trip.
6. The room: Spacious, luxurious and warm. Everything you would expect from a B and B plus more.

To the hosts: thank you both for making us feel so welcomed in your house, for going out of your way to look after us and for giving us a unique feeling of Scotland that few B and Bs (or any hotel for that matter) could offer. We were so impressed with your hospitality, warmth and kindness. You truly are one of a kind.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake/loch.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you for the lovely comments. Paul and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
As travelers ourselves we know how important it is to have an enjoyable time, as you save up all year round with anticipated excitement & it is always such a disappointment if when you get there it is not what you expected.
Looking at your reviews on trip advisor it looks like the rest of your trip was as every bit as enjoyable and we hope you enjoyed Poland, as it is a very momentous place with lots of history.
You were both such a pleasure to have staying with us and hope that maybe one day you may be fortunate enough to come again. Until then keep safe. Aileen & Paul

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed at Braeside House on Hogmany & New Years Day and had a very pleasant stay. The house itself was beautiful and the lounge was very homely. The bedroom was lovely and fresh, and we had a couple of Whiskey miniatures on arrival, to bring in the bells with. The hosts, Paul & Aileen were extremely welcoming, and couldnt have been more helpful, and as it was new years, and it was late nights all round, we were still able to have breakfast, whenever we surfaced, which was fantastic.
I will definately be coming back to the house with the rest of the family for another weekend sometime in the summer. Can't wait.
Thanks Paul and Aileen for making our Hogmany a brilliant experience.
Karen & Steven

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Hi Karen & Steve, Thank you for your lovely comments. We enjoyed having you here and only wish we were able to have had Eleanor and Johnny stay here also. We look forward to your return with all your family and look forward to meeting your duaghters.

Lets hope the weather is better and you can get your trip on the gondalas.

Take care until we meet again. Aileen & Paul