Braeside House
The Lime Tree(Fort William)
US$155
US$151
Alexandra Hotel(Fort William)
US$186
US$132
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
US$161
  • Breakfast included
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
TripAdvisor
Bay Caledonian Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The West End Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Bank Street Lodge(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsaileen and paulwest highland wayborder terrierwarm welcomegreat hostslovely couplehome from homefresh fruitfull scottishbreakfast room isbreakfast was delicioushigh streetfew minutes walkplaces to visitset us up for the daya great stayclose to town
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We spent unfortunately only one night with my husband in this B&B, with a couple of friends and we could not have a better stay and a warmer welcome. Paul and Aileen are lovely. The rooms were very nicely decorated and comfortable. One of the room has a wonderful view on the lake (it the number 1 I think). You need 5 minutes by walk to reach High street where you can find restaurants and pubs.
The traditionnal scottish breakfast (haggis, black pudding, porridge, bacon...) was delicious (the better we had among all the B&B we went), all was fresh and bought on the day (even their delicious venison sausages!). We had a beautiful view on the loch while we were eating. Aileen even gave us part of a delicious ginger cake for the travel!
If you go to Fort Williams, you should definitely stop there!

Room Tip: room 1 has a beautiful view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are only too happy to make all our guests feel welcome and as comfortable as possible. We live in such a beautiful part of the world and to be able to share that with others is a pleasure.
To say we were one of the best B&B's you had stayed at throughout your travel is such and honour, thank you.
We hope that you will always remember your trip in Bonnie Scotland and share those memories with your friends, telling them all what Scotland has to offer.
Regards

Reviewed March 16, 2012

You won't find a warmer welcome or a better B&B in Fort William. The rooms are spotless, the views stunning and nothing is too much trouble for the hosts! Great showers comfortable beds I could go on and on, but you should just try it for yourself!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Hi Irene, thanks for your comments. Paul and I are so pleased that you enjoyed yourself while staying here with the family. We enjoyed your company very much and have not laughed so much in ages, of course it did help listening to the funny stories my brother told. Nothing is too much trouble for our guests, after all they are here to relax and enjoy themselves. Hopefully you will be able to return again sometime and perhaps bring your family along to enjoy the walks and the views. Aileen & Paul

Reviewed March 11, 2012

This B&B is absolutely lovely. Recently decorated and with a stunning view of the Loch from our room. Great shower (most important thing!), excellent breakfast (veal sausages and blues music on request!), and really friendly hosts. Aileen drove us down to the bank as my wife had hurt her knee, so I jumped out to get money, and five minutes later thought she'd kidnapped my wife. Turned out they'd just driven to the other end of the car park to wait for me, and were laughing so much they didn't hear me phoning in a panic! I'm stopping watching CSI. But I am buying some Gary Moore to broaden my collection. (If you don't like the blues, don't worry, as Paul just put it on for me as I'd commented on his t-shirt when we arrived. I don't believe it's played every morning!)

Next time we go up that way, we'll try and stay there again (book early as they only get good reviews), and it's possibly worth remarking that my best man comes from Lochaber and says he'd gladly put us up for free! Sorry best man - Braeside it is!

Room Tip: Just ask. If they can accomodate your request, I guarantee they will.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Oh Archie, your comments made Paul and I chuckle. I cannot believe that you thought I had kidnapped Rizki. You know where we live, hardly going to kidnap someone when you know where to find us. We certainly wont be recommending you to write any stories for CSI lol. You are such a lovely friendly couple it would be a pleasure to see you again and I promise not to scare you this time by hiding in the car park with your beloved. I hope your best man will forgive us for stealing you away from his visiting rights. Take care and hope to see you again soon. Aileen & Paul

Reviewed March 10, 2012

The moment I walked into this B&B I felt at home and welcome!! The view was stunning even though it was raining. My room was lovely and very nicely decorated with a modern feel. The bed was so comfy and had a really good nights sleep. Breakfast was very well catered for as there was a good selection of healthy food as well as the best looking cooked breakfast. Overall very well run and such a friendly couple. Thank you for looking after me, would defiantly recommend you to anyone!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Braeside House. We hope that your wedding plans go smoothly and your wedding day will be perfect. Maybe one day we will see you back again with your husband.
Regards

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Stunning views whilst enjoying my extensive breakfast. I recommend moving away from the noisy main road B&B's below up to Braeside House, not only are the views amazing but also the company. Aileen & Paul are such a lovely couple, I've never been made so welcome in a B&B, I will definitely be returning.
Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Cashy76

Thanks for your comments, we hope you keep your promise and come back. We look forward to seeing you again and your girls.