“Excellent Stay”
Review of Braeside House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Braeside House
Ranked #7 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
LONDON
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My mate and I stayed at Braeside House for a couple of nights after doing the West Highlands Way. The room was very comfortable, breakfast was excellent with a good food selection and the views must be the best in town. Nothing was too much trouble for Paul and Aileen and I would highly recommend a stay there. Look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Hi Gareth & Paul.
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I only wish your trip to the top of Ben Nevis was as comfortable, you must of climbed on one of the worst days that week.
Hopefully we will see you again one day, when you choose to embark on another adventure.
Aileen & Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We spent unfortunately only one night with my husband in this B&B, with a couple of friends and we could not have a better stay and a warmer welcome. Paul and Aileen are lovely. The rooms were very nicely decorated and comfortable. One of the room has a wonderful view on the lake (it the number 1 I think). You need 5 minutes by walk to reach High street where you can find restaurants and pubs.
The traditionnal scottish breakfast (haggis, black pudding, porridge, bacon...) was delicious (the better we had among all the B&B we went), all was fresh and bought on the day (even their delicious venison sausages!). We had a beautiful view on the loch while we were eating. Aileen even gave us part of a delicious ginger cake for the travel!
If you go to Fort Williams, you should definitely stop there!

Room Tip: room 1 has a beautiful view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are only too happy to make all our guests feel welcome and as comfortable as possible. We live in such a beautiful part of the world and to be able to share that with others is a pleasure.
To say we were one of the best B&B's you had stayed at throughout your travel is such and honour, thank you.
We hope that you will always remember your trip in Bonnie Scotland and share those memories with your friends, telling them all what Scotland has to offer.
Regards
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

You won't find a warmer welcome or a better B&B in Fort William. The rooms are spotless, the views stunning and nothing is too much trouble for the hosts! Great showers comfortable beds I could go on and on, but you should just try it for yourself!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Hi Irene, thanks for your comments. Paul and I are so pleased that you enjoyed yourself while staying here with the family. We enjoyed your company very much and have not laughed so much in ages, of course it did help listening to the funny stories my brother told. Nothing is too much trouble for our guests, after all they are here to relax and enjoy themselves. Hopefully you will be able to return again sometime and perhaps bring your family along to enjoy the walks and the views. Aileen & Paul
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This B&B is absolutely lovely. Recently decorated and with a stunning view of the Loch from our room. Great shower (most important thing!), excellent breakfast (veal sausages and blues music on request!), and really friendly hosts. Aileen drove us down to the bank as my wife had hurt her knee, so I jumped out to get money, and five minutes later thought she'd kidnapped my wife. Turned out they'd just driven to the other end of the car park to wait for me, and were laughing so much they didn't hear me phoning in a panic! I'm stopping watching CSI. But I am buying some Gary Moore to broaden my collection. (If you don't like the blues, don't worry, as Paul just put it on for me as I'd commented on his t-shirt when we arrived. I don't believe it's played every morning!)

Next time we go up that way, we'll try and stay there again (book early as they only get good reviews), and it's possibly worth remarking that my best man comes from Lochaber and says he'd gladly put us up for free! Sorry best man - Braeside it is!

Room Tip: Just ask. If they can accomodate your request, I guarantee they will.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Oh Archie, your comments made Paul and I chuckle. I cannot believe that you thought I had kidnapped Rizki. You know where we live, hardly going to kidnap someone when you know where to find us. We certainly wont be recommending you to write any stories for CSI lol. You are such a lovely friendly couple it would be a pleasure to see you again and I promise not to scare you this time by hiding in the car park with your beloved. I hope your best man will forgive us for stealing you away from his visiting rights. Take care and hope to see you again soon. Aileen & Paul
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The moment I walked into this B&B I felt at home and welcome!! The view was stunning even though it was raining. My room was lovely and very nicely decorated with a modern feel. The bed was so comfy and had a really good nights sleep. Breakfast was very well catered for as there was a good selection of healthy food as well as the best looking cooked breakfast. Overall very well run and such a friendly couple. Thank you for looking after me, would defiantly recommend you to anyone!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Braeside House. We hope that your wedding plans go smoothly and your wedding day will be perfect. Maybe one day we will see you back again with your husband.
Regards
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stunning views whilst enjoying my extensive breakfast. I recommend moving away from the noisy main road B&B's below up to Braeside House, not only are the views amazing but also the company. Aileen & Paul are such a lovely couple, I've never been made so welcome in a B&B, I will definitely be returning.
Thank you.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Cashy76
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Thanks for your comments, we hope you keep your promise and come back. We look forward to seeing you again and your girls.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My wife val and I stayed at braeside house when we were up in fort William for an overnight break this weekend.
We arrived a little earlier than planned but this was not a problem as Paul and Aileen welcomed us in with open arms. We were blown away with the first impression and already said to ourselves within 5 minutes that we would be back.
The house has a very home from home feeling and felt more like we were going to visit family than staying in somebody else's home as Paul and Aileen made us feel that way.

We walked down to the waterfront to go for dinner, this only took about 5 minutes.
On return we were invited in for a drink as it was Aileens birthday and they were having dinner party, this added to the personal touch we had already experienced. An hour and a half later and some funny stories from them both we retired to our very comfortable and warm room and had a great nights sleep.

In the morning we were presented with a range of breakfast options in the breakfast room to where we had amazing views across the loch. Breakfast was simply brilliant and cooked to perfection. We were not rushed out the door and were left to our own accord and get things together.

We are planning on going back this summer and hopefully enjoy another great night or two at Braeside house along with excellent hospitality.

Thanks again Val and Craig, Glasgow.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CraigDTaylor1985
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Craig and Val thank you for your lovely comments. We are only to pleased that you enjoyed yourself and will be extremely pleased to see you back here again. Likewise Paul and I thought you were both lovely and it always makes it a real pleasure when we have guests as friendly and as pleasant as yourselves. The comments you gave were so lovely especially since we know that you have been to luxurious places such as Mauritius. You made and unexpected but welcomed and pleasurable edition to my birthday memories. Aileen & Paul