All reviews cooked breakfast plenty of hot water would stay again choice of cereals twin room town centre excellent breakfast stayed for nights kenneth loch fort wee ben climb
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Visited here, will not be visiting again. When we arrived we were greeted eventually by member of staff who once we had informed we were looking to check in, told us that her boss was having a sleep and we should come back in 15mins. Mental. She then went to see him and we could clearly hear their conversation as he told her off. Apperently she shouldn't say that he's sleeping when he's sleeping because we "might write it on the internet..." indeed... He then came out and told us that he wasn't sleeping. Our room was on the ground floor and faced the rear of the property. The decor and furniture was dated, the bedding looked like childrens stuff from the 80's, all very quirky and strange. Sleep was ok but I made sure the door was properly locked. Breakfast was pretty poor but filled a hole. The staff member told us her lifes' story as we looked out to the water, all very dramatic stuff. Will not be returning at all to this place. Buy a tent and camp instead.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C F
Reviewed July 14, 2016

At the modest price of £75 room during the high season in Fort William my expectations were not that high and so it proved. The house is clean, bed comfortable, refurbished bathroom fine (no toiletries) but drab decor gives the place a gloomy feel. The place feels like it lacks a woman touch when it comes to niceties. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank K20GBM
Reviewed June 28, 2016

My partner and I stayed in the bay window en-suite facing the water. This property looks stunning from the outside, but once you get in, it's just bad.

The whole house needs upgrading in decor. It looks like the place got stuck between 1880 and 1980 and couldn't quite compromise. .

The "en-suite" is actually a closet built into the room and is the cheapest looking attempt to make a grand room "en-suite"

The food was horrible for breakfast. My bacon was grey, actually grey. It smelled so bad, and looked so old, I could barely touch it.

Honestly, it's as if the owner wants to skimp out on any opportunity of luxury and just save as much as possible. Unfortunately, it has made for a very poor stay not worth the money spent.

On top of that, they only take cash of cheque, which I find to be either another attempt to save money on a card machine, or something more suspicious.

Not impressed. Waste of money and almost ruined our trip.

At least the room was clean.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheLittleExpat
Reviewed June 22, 2016

First the things that were OK- the room was clean with a new carpet, bed comfortable & bathroom had been refurbished.
Second - the things that weren't OK -the entrance hall had a very musty smell - like stale cigarettes , the proprietor was a little odd & left me standing in the hall with my bags with no offer of assistance . The towels were a little old & no bathmat was provided , so had to put a hand towel on the floor, no toiletries are provided except for hand wash. The room looked out to the back & had 2 Windows, but was overlooked on both sides with no blinds or nets , so had to keep the curtains closed most of the time . The curtains weren't heavy enough to keep out the dawn light which impeded sleep somewhat. The furniture was old & mismatched, but was clean. The breakfast was a little dismal & the service slow - described as ' an insult to the Scottish breakfast'. The waitress needed some training....
Overall- adequate but wouldn't rush back

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed June 21, 2016

We stayed for two nights in the ground floor room at the back. Room and en-suite were spotless and the bed was very comfortable. IRO previous reviews, BBC channels were missing from the TV so I retuned and there they were. I covered the mirror that was behind the TV with a sweatshirt.The extractor fan in the en-suite does work but the light needs to be switched on. The shower was nice and hot, unlike the one in The Hilton Garden Inn in Aberdeeen city centre. Breakfast menu choice not a big as at other places we've stayed in Fort William, but this B and B is cheaper than those others. The furniture is in keeping with the design of the building. Within easy walking distance of the town centre, which was ideal as my husband had just run in The West Highland Way Race.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple