“Good choice at Fort William”
Review of Alexandra Hotel

Alexandra Hotel
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent here just one night, and we had a good night sleep. It is really comfortable and the location was perfect.

It has a really good room service menu, and the service is quite nice.

The only downside is we were located in the only room that does not have a phone, is not a dealbreaker but as we wanted to use the room service felt quite strange to go to the restaurant to order it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
alexandramanager2017, Manager at Alexandra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Afternoon

Thank-you for your review.

In regards to there being no phone in your room, I can say we are in the process of updating our communication system.

I hope to welcome you back to The Alexandra again in the not to distant future.

Deputy Manger

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had a 2 night stay at this hotel when I was climbing Ben Nevis. The location was perfect, within walking distance from Morrison's and a 10min drive to the car park for Ben Nevis. The hotel is a little dated but that didn't bother me. My room was nice and spacious with a comfortable bed and decent bathroom. The food for dinner and breakfast was good. There was also hotel bar. I'd definitely stay at this hotel again when I come back to scale Ben Nevis again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RebeccaAyris

Good Afternoon

Thank-you for your very positive review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Alexandra in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We didn’t stay in this hotel but stopped for coffee on our drive around the highlands. From the outside it looks lovely and full of character and almost upmarket.... but the inside does not follow through on this. It’s outdated and not in a cute and on purpose kind of way... it needs TLC on the inside in my opinion. The coffee was also sub-par, it was cold and bitter. The waiter was lovely though - friendly and helpful. Obviously I can’t comment on the hotel side of things but can’t recommend for a coffee stop!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
alexandramanager2017, Manager at Alexandra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank-you for your review.

I can only apologise that your coffee wasn't up to standard as this isn't a complaint I normally get.

Also I would like to say that we are committed to improving our public areas in the near future.

I do hope you return to enjoy the true Alexandra Experience.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this historic hotel , the price I though was high for what we got , the view of the hotel
Outside is wonderful.
We were very disappointed in our room there was paper coming off the wall and ceiling, the bed was comfy. The whole hotel is in need of a complete facelift to bring up to a high standard . The breakfast was quite nice, the staff were very helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliewilson62
alexandramanager2017, Manager at Alexandra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank-you for your review.

I will pass on your positive comments to the breakfast chef & the staff in general.

I would like to say that we are in the process of updating our rooms & public areas.
Starting with our rooms that are now 20% complete, we have another 20% pencilled in for this coming winter.

We are also committed to improving both our lift & public areas.

I hope to welcome you back to The Alexandra in the near future.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Conveniently placed, Good food, promptly served by cheerful and friendly staff. Comfortable room serviced with exceptional care. Corridors a bit battered from luggage but only real let down was one of the duty managers apparently more concerned with placating a fierce chef than addressing a valid criticism, thereby upsetting a whole coach party,there for six days.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
alexandramanager2017, Manager at Alexandra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Good Evening

Thank-you for your review as all feedback is important be it positive or negative.

I will pass on your positive comments to the staff.

I am however curious into your comments regarding a duty manager & would like to invite you to discuss this with me direct.

If you are agreeable please don't hesitate to get in touch alexandramanager@strathmorehotels.com

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Spent two nights here...room was tiny but clean...building work going on right outside our back room window.. management could do to tell builders to turn down the blaring radio which goes banging on all day!
Breakfast is dodgy as the hotel caters for bus tours and they get to the restaurant first..while we were there at least two different bus tours were in which results in the buffet style breakfast running out continuously..it is just warm certainly not piping hot.. our plates sat both mornings for 20 mins empty ..they should have been cleared away! The hard working restaurant staff do their best..but as it is full of bus holidaymakers it's a hard task.
Overall staff were very pleasant..bar area and staff very nice...lift a bit dodgy but I think it's getting replaced soon. Plenty parking.

Room Tip: First floor facing the front may be better than higher up as the corridors are like rabbit warring!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LHdisco
alexandramanager2017, Manager at Alexandra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thank-you for your review.

All feedback is important be it negative or positive as it gives us scope to improve.

I will take note of your comments regarding our building works.

I will also pass on your positive comments to the staff.

Finally we treat each guest with the same standard whether they be part of a group or travelling solely.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Lovely hotel, with helpful accommodating staff. We arrived a little bit late but this wasn't a problem, staff took all bags up to the rooms whilst we had an evening meal. The rooms were very comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast was very good with lots of choice.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Good Morning

Thank-you for your excellent review.

I hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.