A friend and I dropped into this pretty guest house to find out prices for a room one night, as I walked in I immediately thought it was out of our price range as it was so cosy and chic. I was greeted by the owner who was really warm and friendly, and offered to strike me a deal since it was so quiet, the rooms were beautifully done out and very comfortable, I would of paid the full price room rate. The breakfast was yummy and the menu for evening meals sounded delicious. the owner is an artist and a guide for outdoor activities in the area and gladly showed us his amazing artwork and gallery around the hotel. He also gave us free advice on local walking routes and recommendations as well as offering his services as a guide. He was helpful yet not pushy and the other staff were so nice too, but I guess when you have such a well groomed product like the lime tree there is no need for a hard sell.
It really felt like an upgraded home from home!!! and I have recommended them to all my friends and family, so if you’re heading to fort William and want to have affordable luxury with a cosy feel, id insist staying in the lime tree and ask for the owner, as he will gladly show you around and make you feel welcome.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did,
2 girls from Leeds
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lime Tree in the 1850 former Church Manse, is a 3 star Small Hotel, a fantastic Art Gallery and arts studio and an award winning fresh food Restaurant AA Two Rosette and Silver Eat Scotland Award overlooking Loch Linnhe in the centre of Fort William - the 'Outdoor Capital of the UK.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Lime Tree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lime Tree Hotel Fort William
- Lime Tree Fort William
- Lime Tree Hotel Fort William
- The Lime Tree Fort William, Scotland