“luxury”
Review of The Lime Tree

The Lime Tree
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Reviewed 30 March 2012

A friend and I dropped into this pretty guest house to find out prices for a room one night, as I walked in I immediately thought it was out of our price range as it was so cosy and chic. I was greeted by the owner who was really warm and friendly, and offered to strike me a deal since it was so quiet, the rooms were beautifully done out and very comfortable, I would of paid the full price room rate. The breakfast was yummy and the menu for evening meals sounded delicious. the owner is an artist and a guide for outdoor activities in the area and gladly showed us his amazing artwork and gallery around the hotel. He also gave us free advice on local walking routes and recommendations as well as offering his services as a guide. He was helpful yet not pushy and the other staff were so nice too, but I guess when you have such a well groomed product like the lime tree there is no need for a hard sell.

It really felt like an upgraded home from home!!! and I have recommended them to all my friends and family, so if you’re heading to fort William and want to have affordable luxury with a cosy feel, id insist staying in the lime tree and ask for the owner, as he will gladly show you around and make you feel welcome.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did,

2 girls from Leeds

Room Tip: but all rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. And the prices even in season are reasonabl...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spent one night at The Lime Tree in March and would stay here again as it is surely the best choice in Ft. William. That being said, it is just a good three star property. It is comfortable and very clean and has a fantastic location right on the loch and just a couple minute stroll into the center of town. Our room was large and comfortable and had a great loch view. There were a few gripes though. Breakfast was just OK at best. The buffet was lacking, For instance there was no yogurt or decent fruit. It was just very basic. I ordered eggs benedict from the menu and only got one egg. I have never had anything else but two eggs anywhere else. In our room for instance there was a worn upholstered reading chair which was covered by a blanket. The towels all had large bar codes baked in them which I have never seen before and was a bit tacky. No bed side tables so I had to place my reading glasses and alarm clock on the floor. All small things but they kept me from giving a higher rating. We did not have dinner in the restaurant but the restaurant was nicely decorated and looks like it would be lovely in the warm weather with a large door opening up overlooking the loch. We just had an impression that the owners were cutting corners to keep costs down.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveTait
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Clean. Beautiful rooms. Nice folks. They made us feel welcome with a selection of rooms. Lots of recommendations. Incredible location. 3 minutes from town. Right on the river.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Spent two nights at the Lime Tree and really enjoyed this small hotel. Roomy bedroom was tastefully designed, comfortable and welcoming. Bathroom also large and well equipped. The public living rooms are very warm and cosy, coal fire, books maps etc.
We were made very welcome and all of our needs were dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Food in the hotel was of a very high standard, nice choice at breakfast, nice coffee and the restaurant in the evening was excellent, fine dining in Ft William is hard to find.
The hotel is decorated with some lovely art works, much of which is the work of owner David.
We intend to return to the Lime Tree at some time and would happily recommend to others looking for a bit of comfort and culture in the highlands.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I arrived at the lime tree hotel and was greeted warmly and given a mini tour of the hotel to see the local paintings.

Rooms are very comfortable, good for the reasonable price. Warm, spacious and I imagine perfect as a base for trekking/travelling around. I was only there on business but wouldn't think twice about returning if I was in the area.

Breakfast was the real treat though, eggs benedict with a perfect runny egg! I was very pleased.

I'd recommend this hotel for definite, the only down point for me is that the restaurant is expensive. I imagine that too is worth the money though!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 January 2012

After a long day's drive we stopped in at The Lime Tree for one night. We were pleasantly surprised with the spacious room which was offered. It was clean and comfortable with a large bathroom. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the restaurant and a hearty breakfast the next day. Staff were very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LCRAUS
Reviewed 15 January 2012

we stay here for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon in Scotland. We had one of the front guest rooms at the top of the hotel and hat a view over the loch, it was breath taking. the staff were very welcoming and the art work was brilliant. The breakfast was first class my wife doe not usually eat breakfast but she made an except here, she still talks about the potato cakes whenever we have a cooked breakfast. on the last night we had a meal in the restaurant which was one of our favourite meals we have ever had out. Fantastic hotel in a great location a few minutes walk from main drag of shops and you can step right out onto the bank of Loch Linhe. Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple