“Simple but tasty ”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Fancied a Chinese dinner. Restaurant very quiet - we were the only diners. Food simple, yet tasty and fresh. Had stir fried beef with fresh mushroom and veg and combination chow main with chicken and sweet corn soup. Lovely views of the loch.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

the food was terrible even the prawn crackers were horrible. We were the only people there which wasn't surprising once you have experienced the food you would not go again. The sizzlers were cold, the satay very bland and even the rice was inedible

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Been coming here for years, and don't understand the complaints as we have never experienced a bad meal here, in fact came about 4 times a week over a months holiday and never caught a bad day. Simon attentive and pleasant as always.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

While motorhoming in the area we got a takeaway from here 1 night & it was 1 of the worst meals I've had, there was no taste to the dishes at all, the meats were mushy, veg, chips & noodles were over cooked & also tasteless...
I'd avoid this place at all costs...

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

Ok you are in a strange place and you fancy something nice to eat so you head into town to see what is available.....well in fort William the answer is not a lot. We agreed on Chinese because the only place I could park was right outside the highland star restaurant and takeaway. The damaged shop sign and old Chinese guy and woman standing outside looking for customers should have sent me to McDonald's but no, it couldn't be that bad surely ? It was.

Shredded chilli beef was hard beefless shells of deep fried stuff covered in a chilli sauce made from near pure vinegar, maybe that was to blame for the missing beef.....disolved in acid!

Chicken chow mein, I think chicken in Chinese means water chestnut because that was the main ingredient.

Fried rice wasn't too bad actually.

Sweet and sour chicken balls, I think they litteraly gave me battered chickens balls, tiny wee things covered in a unique shell that contained hot oil and a chickens ball, I had 7 of these things so there is an odd chickens ball somewhere. The sweet and sour sauce was brown and neither sweet or sour, it was again pure vinegar and this vinegar is obviously the chefs speciality, he should be proud and put it on the menu but I think anything he puts that on will dissolve.

Cheap but cheap in a bad way, I'm guessing lack of competition means they can get away with serving stuff like this.

2  Thank Graham B