All reviews sea view bandstand restaurant beer festival single room great bar street parking comfortable room would stay again moray firth short stay steak evening meal lovely view inverness airport cooked breakfast full scottish breakfast dining room
Reviewed April 1, 2018

We enjoyed an excellent meal in The Braeval on Friday night because the Bandstand (the restaurant of the hotel) was fully booked. It is a couple of years since we had been here and neither quality nor standard of food has changed. The same high standard remains. Excellent service in a very busy place. The staff were friendly and efficient. The fact it is in the Pub side neither lessens the enjoyment nor the quality. Great!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

This lovely family run hotel is perfect for a peaceful stay away. The room was comfortable and we were able to have a nice, chilled out night. Staff were helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend the Braeval Hotel.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Great place to visit, with very convivial atmosphere - locals and visitors together. Brilliantly run pub and restaurant, excellence in fresh ales and food. True hospitality. I had top beers from Perthshire and Cromarty, and a super lamb burger in a bun with coleslaw and crispy fries, all served in a relaxed and friendly environment.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2018

Was working in the area. Booked a single room. Very comfortable room 9. Great breakfast. Friendly staff. Thanks. Will def return again. I work the area every few weeks. I’ll try to make it in time for a meal next time !

Room Tip: Probably all rooms are good
Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
MHMHolding, Owner at Braeval Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear that you will return again - always the best compliment!

Reviewed December 12, 2017

I have family in Nairn and have been visiting for about 20 years. I have enjoyed may decent meals and a few good pints in the Braeval. I have recommended it to others and applauded their self confidence and commitment to their community when they took over the rundown place next door a couple of years ago. Nairn really needs this kind of investment. However on this visit it wasn't convenient for me to stay with family and they booked me into the Braeval. I was initially pleased and grateful and expected something at least half decent, but then bitterly disappointed at the actual experience. Room 6 is small - 6 feet wide - and uncomfortable. It should not be let to ANYONE and putting people in there is not a good way to attract recommendations or repeat custom, botth essential to growing this business. It shows a lack both of intelligence and care for the customer. It was like a bad 1970s guesthouse and I was further inconvenienced when the heating went off at around midnight on a bitterly cold night and the room turned into an icebox. I got the heating turned on but who are these people to decide I should pay good money to sleep in a cold room? Useless hoteliers who don't care for their customers and will never successfully develop this side of their business without a complete change of atitude and approach is who. My early optimism now seems verymisguided. Hoping for a decent breakfast (kippers please) and a change of room in the morning!

Room Tip: Avoid single roooms and and inspect room on arrival, Be prepared to ask to be moved.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 7thEarlofSidcup
MHMHolding, Owner at Braeval Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Room 6 is our smallest room and as the hotel was full, it was the only room available and we explained this to you at the time. It was charged at a low rate appropriate to the facilities available. We had a timer issue with the heating, which was put on immediately you brought it to our attention.