“Lunch in the conservatory”

Royal Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Elgin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2018

fort time I have been for lunch in the new conservatory at the Royal Hotel. My friend and I both went for a panini which was served with a side salad and crisps. Coleslaw and salad were very tasty as was the panini although it could have been cooked just a little longer for perfection as it wasn’t very warm and the cheese had not melted more like a sandwich! My only other criticism is that the conservatory was very hot and would be uncomfortable in summer.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

We went here for a family dinner. The food was excellent of a very good standard and fairly priced i think. The staff were very accommodating to our group and helped to make sure a good night was had by all.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 26, 2018

The staff were polite nd efficient, the dinner was decent, my Cullen Skink starter was lighter than usual and wonderfully flavoured, we both had the panko fish for main which we liked, I finished with the cheeseboard which was better than average.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Visited here a couple of weeks ago. Generous portions and the food was lovely. Only thing I would criticise is we sat with empty glasses for some time before having to grab the attention of staff for more drinks. This is also something that I have heard about from others who have visited here however I couldn't fault my meal. I ordered the sticky chilli chicken which was particularly lovely followed by sticky toffee pudding.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Was very surprised at how large the hotel is! The inside was clean and welcoming.

We had a table booked for 22 people (Hen Party) and we were given our own room away from other guests. The waiters/waitresses who seem to us, were lovely and positive. Even after finishing our mean, we never felt rushed to leave or like we were a nuisance. The whole experience was very enjoyable.

Only thing I would like to point out, is that we had to walk to the bar for our alcoholic beverages. However, I do not know if that is the same for everyone. We maybe could of asked to get a drink and it would of been served to us at the table.

Date of visit: August 2018