All reviews steak pie pub food would advise booking great selection of beers great bar food visited this pub new extension macaroni great wee place tuesday night each evening plenty parking staff were friendly and helpful main course couldn't fault one night stay city centre
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

We’ve recently been for a lunch and a dinner and both were really good. Good service good food and good beer. We were made very welcome and so was our dog. Would definitely recommend. The only thing is you need to order your food at the bar which they don’t always tell newcomers.
Look forward to going back

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2018

Room very small and the ensuite very "tired". Toilet seat broken. Breakfast good and coffee lovely. Cleaner was using the vacuum cleaner while we ate. Saucer chipped. We ate dinner and it was well priced. The staff were lovely especially Nicky who was covering reception and when we couldn't get a taxi personally ran us into the town.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2018

I stayed here for a long weekend with my boyfriend who was working in Perth for nearly 3 weeks. My overall rating of The Cherrybank is based on the accommodation rather than the food and drink which was standard pub fare and good value.

The twin room was quite cramped and very tired looking and the beds extremely uncomfortable. Mine was quite firm but very lumpy and the other one had a softer mattress but was very noisy, it creaked and squeaked every time my boyfriend moved.

The heating worked which was great but had to wait about 5 minutes for the water to heat up when showering and one morning it did not get hot at all. There was no wifi in the room and they do not serve breakfast till 9am which is only convenient if you are on holiday, even then it's quite late if you want to get out for a full days exploring. I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere where, even in a private b&b, where breakfast has been so late. My boyfriend was offered a "continental" breakfast to be left in room which appeared for one day and it consisted of a tiny packet of cornflakes and a container with some milk in it! Fortunately there was a Lidl down the road which sells great fresh pastries but even they don't open till 8am. I think this is a pretty appalling service from the "hotel" when guests are paying fo b&b. The house keeping service was also very hit and miss, one day we got back to the room about 11.30pm to find no towels so I had to go back to the bar to collect some.

If they could be flexible with the food service and improve the quality of the rooms, it would be a pleasant place to stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2018

Stayed the one night. Staff were friendly and helpful, I had fish and chips served in the bar and it was very good indeed. The fish was lovely and moist, the batter was like a light tempura batter, and the chips were second only to some I'd had in a Michelin starred restaurant in January. It was honestly that good. Sadly though my room was not so good, it was very worn and tired, a bathroom radiator that was red hot and couldn't be adjusted, bathroom window wouldn't stay open. The wifi didn't reach the room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Popped in on a Saturday as we couldn’t get a table at the place we originally planned to go to! Food was good, unfortunately there was a birthday party in that night. It was so loud that we didn’t bother with dessert which was disappointing as they looked delicious! The macaroni was good but there only seemed to have cheese on the top, the inside was quite bland. Would come back and try again though.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family