“1st class dining experience and service”
Review of Huntingtower Hotel

Huntingtower Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“1st class dining experience and service”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Fantastic location, staff very helpful, food amazing, Rooms clean, facilites good. Overall great experience.

Room Tip: Room we had was capable of sleeping a family - was up spiral stairway tho - so maybe not for elderly...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elaine W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 26 March 2012

After having trouble with booking online I was a bit apprehensive about what to expect, I was in room 205 which was big and confortable looking out over the top of the conservetory to the garden. There was a lift at the other side of the hotel but was no use to us at this side. there is a spiral starircase going up th etower to our friends room which was not good for older or disabled guests.
The food at dinner was excellent and well presented, the staff was friendly and efficient. the rooms were clean, the only problem with the room was that we only had big bath towels in our room. no hand towels.

There was a bit of discrpency with the bill at checkout where they tried to charge us for a meal we did not have and for a bottle of wine twice.
The hotel is set in quiet surroundings approx 3 mile from Perth City Centre, ideal if you want a quite retreat.
It was a comfortable stay at a special rate and the food excellent.
Will I go back? Doubtful.

Room Tip: if you have a disability or problems with stairs ask for a room near the lift which may not be a goo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I've booked the hotel for two day and requestd a room with a garden view as the hotel was situated in the country side. On arrivel we've got room 211 alegated. We needed to go up a spiral stair case, which wasn't easy with your suitcases. A porter wasn't offered, although when you check out you can request help.(I''ve read this in their informationbook in our room). The room was nice and big.We heard a continus noise, when I opened the window the noise went louder. I enquired at the receptiondesk and they said it was the kitchen ventilation system and it will stop at 21.30pm and starts at 7am. I then asked if I could changed my room. I did requested a garden view and troom 211 looked out on a car park. If I wanted to look on a car park I could have booked a hotel in town. Also I couldn't put up with the noise of the ventilation system.
We then got room 203, which was smaller with a tired and stuffy interior. The ceiling had nasty brown water marks and the paper was peeling off. (Room rate £ 80.00 per night)
A dressing table with no mirror above, as they have put a flatscreen TV above the dressing table.The bathroom had no shelfs to put your toiletries on.
The complementry tray was full with crumbs from previous customers.
After putting away out suitcases we went down for a drink. The girl said she would put the bill on our room number which was fine by us. Shortly she came back to tell us she couldn't do it as the reception has to authorise it. It was quite embarrassing as other customers heard her saying it, she was standing a little bit away from our table. I went to the reception desk and sorted the issue. Evening meal was exceptional, well presented. So was the breakfast on both days.

Room Tip: Room 211 is above the kitchen, so you will hear the extractor fan till 21.30pm. In the summer you co...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2012

A really lovely and peaceful place to stay. Breakfast was excellent, and dinner was exceptional. Set in gorgeous countryside. Free wifi and a generous-sized room at an affordable price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Hotel spotless, staff helpful and friendly decor in public areas very comfortable. Food very good. Rooms adequate but tired, could do with updating especially the bathrooms. Afternoon tea was poor and inadequate six sandwiches and not enough tea, with no choice. I bought the luxury £30 package only to find after dinner mints (5 of) and 2 packets of kettle crisps with our Champagne, not even flutes but small thin glasses! Robes worn out and were not used.
It was a lovely hotel in lovely surroundings but they really need to come up to the mark to match there marketing which is bordering on blatent fibs!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allison O
JasonDoga, Front Office Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Good Evening,

It is only through constructive criticism that we are able to continue ensuring the highest standards for all our guests so let me thank you for bringing this to my attention. It was lovely talking to you on the telephone and I look forward to welcoming you back to Huntingtower Hotel.

Debbie Scott
Reception Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I have just returned from a trip to Scotland and the Huntingtower was our first place of call , I purchased the £20.00 luxury package as a treat. When I asked about the so called
" luxury chocolates" which turned out to be after dinner mints and by the way you get automaticaly with every cup of coffee. Nothing like in the picture used in the advertising !! I inquired about this at reception and was greeted by indifferant staff who did not even give me the curtesy of looking up fron the computer. Also the so called luxury bath robes were tired looking and hard not fluffy at all, also missing in the package were slippers, a pre requisite for the package which I have received free of charge in other Hotels over the country. I could have bought a good bottle of wine and decent chocolates and brought them with me total waste of money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Good Evening,

Please let me thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention. I in conjunction with my management team we are thoroughly looking into this matter to ensure that problems such as you experienced are not common practice throughout the hotel. If you are willing please contact myself directly at the hotel so we can discuss this matter further.

Kind Regards

Debbie Scott
Reception Manager
Dundee
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Mrs Benny and I attended a family wedding @ the Huntingtower Hotel at the weekend and here's what we think.

On the approach, the front of the hotel looks as if it needs a wee bit of tlc. The reception is warm and traditionally Scottish style of wood and tartan. It also looked as if it needed just a wee bit extra to tidy it up.

RECEPTION/STAFF - We had asked to have our room early as Mrs Benny was part of the ceremony and needed to get changed. This was duly arranged with no problems. We were given room 215 and the wedding party were all around us, which was nice. Staff were nice/friendly and informative.

ROOM - Room 215 was as if it was just out of the wrapper! Everything appeared very new/clean. There was no phone we could see, not that much of a problem but no quilt/covers just a sheet. Again no problem as to be honest the room was quite warm anyway. Only wee downside of room was that the ventilation system from I would say the kitchens was right outside our room and it was quite noisy. Again not too bad but it may have got too intrusive if it was summer and warm and we needed to leave the window open. Overall the room was comfy/quiet and clean.

FUNCTION SUITE/BAR - Continued use of tartan carpets, decor was just needing again a wee bit of tlc. When the meal was served the staff were very co-ordinated and the food was hot and quite tasty, (pot/leek soup, steak pie and sticky toffee pud). Bar prices were not too bad and there was never any real wait at the bar. Disco I believe was the hotel's recommendation, he did well, played normal wedding stuff.

BREAKFAST - We had a full Scottish breakfast which kinda missed a wee bit of beans, but hey it was nice and tasty. Quite a selection of grub available tho'.

OVERALL - The hotel decor could do with a bit of tlc, (ripped arm of chair in reception next to bar). The staff friendly, food/bar fine and overall stay was fine. I would consider a wedding here if Mrs Benny and I weren't already hitched.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family