Lowest prices for your stay
US$249
Booking.comUS$249
PricelineUS$249
ZenHotels.comUS$297
2,615 results
All reviews turret suite tennis courts stags head restaurant manager pitch and putt manor house afternoon tea steam room tummel valley party night hotel grounds lovely grounds dining room spa facilities stunning views beautiful building family room
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2020

I saw this on the Itison deal and having stayed here years ago thought it would be nice to revisit. However when I looked at the deal I noted in the small print quite a lot of 'supplimentos' on the dinner menu. Even fish & chips had a £2.50 supplement. I also noted no children. I wouldn't be taking any but thought this came across as quite an unwelcoming attitude and put me off the whole deal. I have clicked on average for the ratings as there didn't appear to be a way forward without completing this part.

Date of stay: November 2020
Graeme Strachan, General Manager at Atholl Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2020

Dear glasgowsundown,

Thankyou for your feedback.

Our daily changing Dinner menu offers many choices that do not have supplementary charges, it is purely personal choice if you so wish to order the supplementary dishes.

Regarding your comment about no children, you booked an offer that contains alcohol in room this is just us being responsible hoteliers and again children are always welcome if we are asked. Please note we very much welcome children at all times and pride ourselves as a family destination.

Reviewed November 15, 2020 via mobile

This was our second 'annual' stay, staying from Wednesday 11th to Friday 13th. What can I say, our stay was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, everyone was so friendly and helpful! The room was immaculate and the meals were fantastic. We felt safe and looked after, we also enjoyed the pitch and putt and the outdoor gazebo with fairy lights and plenty of heaters, a great week break and we will be returning next year. Thank you all!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Montana03
Graeme Strachan, General Manager at Atholl Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2020

Dear Montana03

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your second visit this year.
Many thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed November 11, 2020 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for three nights. We cannot fault the place even in these difficult times. All the staff were friendly and helpful especially Emily in the bar who was very knowledgable and recommended whisky for my partner. We decided to have afternoon tea one day, beautifully presented, fresh sandwiches and a great selection of cakes. My only gripe would be that I would have preferred a plain scone to a fruit scone, I asked our waitress, Lorraine, and she got me a plain scone right away!
The room was lovely and cosy and the lounges with the open fires are stunning.
We would certainly recommend this hotel and will hopefully return again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Graeme Strachan, General Manager at Atholl Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2020

Dear A26M,

We are delighted that you and your partner had such a wonderful stay, and we very much appreciate your positive feedback.

Reviewed November 11, 2020 via mobile

I must say that is very rare for me to give a negative review as I always like to be a positive person, unfortunately our experience at the Atholl Palace Hotel was anything but positive.
Having seen the TV advertising we booked for a Saturday Afternoon Tea with a bottle of Prosecco ,understanding the current restrictions on alcohol and dining etc we new we would be outside in the gazebo, that was not a problem.
When our afternoon Tea cake stand arrived I was truly amazed and not for the write reasons, the sandwiches consisted of two fingers of smoked salmon , egg mayonnaise and ham , four scones with cream and jam and to top it all the “cakes” were of the frozen variety .
We had our Prosecco sandwiches and scones outside and as the weather had turned a bit chilly we moved inside and I must say the gentleman that served us very kindly lit the open fire a welcome site (a positive!). We enquired if it was normal that the cakes served with the afternoon Tea were not hand made but frozen but there was no response .
So for £72.95 we will definitely not be rushing back, and the response from the hotel when I emailed them with my comments was “sorry it was not to my liking”

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 57alexandar
Graeme Strachan, General Manager at Atholl Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2020

Dear 57alexandar

Our sincere apologies you were left disappointed with your Afternoon tea ,also our original response which I was truly unaware further apologies. I will be discussing your feedback with the Head Chef as this is certainly not our normal standard.

On a positive I am pleased that the Gentleman staff member should kindness.

Reviewed November 10, 2020

We visited here recently during the Covid restrictions. It felt very different than a few years ago, it was incredibly quiet but very safe.
The hotel has made the stay very safe and controlled with the Scottish restrictions we had to dine at a specific time with a limited menu and no alcohol. The food was very good but limited, the dining room was well spaced out but it lacked the atmosphere it had pre COVID understandably. Our room was comfortable not very spacious but adequate for our needs. The shower room was very small and I did not like the frosted glass door. The hotel did not refresh the room but put fresh towels in a covered linen basket outside the door again this was the safest thing to do.
All the staff were friendly and helpful and I feel very sorry for them trying to run a business in these difficult times.
Do hope they manage to survive these difficult times.

1  Thank Robertson;Mrs.a... R
Graeme Strachan, General Manager at Atholl Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2020

Dear Robertson;Mrs.a...R

Thank you for your feedback , stay safe.