Lowest prices for your stay
US$151
Free cancellation until 21-04-29
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 21-04-29
eDreamsUS$151
Trip.comUS$171
FindHotelUS$171
All reviews bothy bar baronial hall blair castle baronial dining room roaring fire traditional hotel beer garden bit dated reception area steak pie train station scottish hospitality kippers superior room four poster bed dog highlands
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2020

We travel up north quite a lot and we always stop off for lunch or a snack. We were there a couple of times over the last weekend and the quality of food is always consistently good. The staff are so friendly and maintained Covid safety extremely well. Looking forward to visiting again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Clara Tomlinson, Owner at Atholl Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2020

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm glad you enjoyed your meals here and thank you for recognising our friendly staff and the measures we have put in place to keep our employees and customers safe from covid19.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2020 via mobile

We selected this hotel because of the great pictures of the restaurant and lounge areas. The Covid protocols have put an end to what we expected. The restaurant was shut but you could sit in there with a bar meal.
The hotel is very old and the rooms a bit rickety and feeling tired. The bed springs poked a bit.There was plenty of hot water and basic room equipment. Staff were helpful and friendly apart from one inexperienced girl.
Breakfasts were good and the coffee was much better when individually made!

It really needs a lot spent on it to bring it up to standard.

Nice position and close to the water mill and Blair Castle which is well worth a visit. Pitlochry is a short drive away or you can get the train very close to the hotel.

Worst thing however was the atrocious house wine by the glass. We had a Sauvignon Blanc and a Rioja, both very poor and unlike us we actually poured it away!

2  Thank IanSS_12

Good Afternoon,

I'm sorry your expectations of The Atholl Arms were not met due to the covid guidelines however keeping our employees and customers safe and being able to stay open is our main priority at the moment. Some things have had to change for example wipeable table cloths and an altered bar meal as part of our adjustments for dealing with covid. This is however explained to you on both booking and check in.

I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast and the service as well as the local area of Blair Atholl, it really is a beautiful part of Scotland. I'm sorry the house wine was not to your taste however, we do sell dozens of bottles of this a week so I do feel this is purely personal as supplied by Inverarity Morton.

I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2020 via mobile

Stopped on the way back to Pitlochry especially as we've been having difficulty getting a table in most Pitlochry restaurants! Looked at menu and agree it read well with a few things I'd choose. Got a table ok - it was around 430 - but busy all the same. Covid measure secure. Choose the veg curry and the chicken with black pudding (stuffed with the pudding not on a crouton) anyway it arrived in under 10 mins, obviously microwaved as it was abit tough in places however tasty enough, husband's curry was spicy (I doubt home made,) anyway we were hungry so had no difficulty eating it all, tasty enough and not huge portions. Opted for sticky toffee even though we knew it would be microwaved...it was ok, custard nice enough. So chicken, curry, 2 sticky toffee, 1 large white wine 1 coke = £46.

2  Thank Laineypet
Clara Tomlinson, Owner at Atholl Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2020

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review and coming in to visit us recently. All of our meals served in both our Bothy Bar and restaurant are homemade daily for our customers. During busier periods, cooking from raw a large chicken breast would take at least 30 minutes so these are prepared in the morning and finished off in the oven at time of order as waiting 40 minutes for a meal would cause many complaints from our customers. Obviously the issue of spice is a personal taste however all of currys are made from scratch using either fresh vegatables such as spinach and cauliflower or wild game depending on your choice of curry. Our pudding, apart from obviously the ice cream, are freshly baked by our head chef and warmed up for our customers taste.

We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 16, 2020 via mobile

Having looked at the menu on line I was looking forward to a great meal. Our biggest surprise was how quickly the food came after we ordered , when we tasted it we knew why. This was microwaved per portioned food . I had the “home made” mac and cheese. This was never home made in a million years , I know when I am eating tinned of prepackaged food ( tasted just like Heinz from a tin. My wife had the steak pie , this was better but only just . My cheese board tasted Ok but for the price it was expensive. My wife have the crumble but did not eat it all , again poor .
I can forgive the plastic table cloths because of the current situation. We won’t be going back , please don’t say the food is homemade when it so clearly is not .

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent visit however, I feel your review is hugely unfair of my business and your comments are quite frankly untrue. The plastic table cloths are indeed only being used currently to protect our employees and customers from covid. Regarding our food, this is cooked fresh daily. I can assure you that there is no "tinned or prepackaged" food used in our establishment, I'm not sure whether you would like me to apologise for there not being a long wait for your food as the majority of our customers do not appreciate a delay with their meals. I'm glad you enjoyed your cheese platter however a shame our homemade apple crumble wasn't up to your standards.

Reviewed September 12, 2020

I like the Atholl Arms Hotel, traditional hotel and great food. Always pop in here when in Blair Atholl. Freshly cooked food, tasty and friendly polite service. This is without doubt one of the best places to visit. Nice beer garden.

If in the area, give it a visit, you won’t be disappointed. Nice Bothy Bar serving great selection of drinks.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for popping in to visit us again. I'm delighted you enjoyed your meals once again!

Look forward to seeing you again soon.