All reviews costley group lovely meal great lunch stayed one night first class well worth a visit attending a wedding town centre suite courses ayrshire
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We had originally booked to stay at the Fairfield Hotel as we had previously enjoyed a stay there. However, due to renovation work our booking was transferred to the Ellisland Hotel. We were originally disappointed with this change as the Ellisland has no leisure facilities. However when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised by the lovely outside terraced area (very sunny day).

The food was lovely and we had a nice relaxing stay..... until being rudely awoken at 3am by the very loud shrill of the telephone. Slightly panicked (and half asleep), we answered the phone only to be asked by the night porter to turn our television down. Given that we had been asleep since 11pm and had no tv on, this was rather annoying. The man was quite abrupt and stated that someone had complained about noise from a TV. Given that the Hotel only has 9 rooms you would think it would be good practice to get up off his backside and find out who had there tv on, before disturbing guests at 3am in the morning!

When we mentioned the call to the manager the next morning, she stated that the porter mentioned a tv that he thought was coming from room 5 (our room), but still did not apologise. I am guessing that since he still thought it was our room, he never did get off his backside to go check.

This unfortunately is why the 3 star rating. The reception staff need training on customer service and should never disturb guests without first clarifying where the noise was coming from.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2018

A few weeks ago, my dear old Mum passed away and I decided on Ellisland Hotel as the venue for a Memorial Lunch. On such a sad occasion, all you want to do is grieve and share your loss with friends. From my initial contact with Natalie, the lunch itself, dinner in the evening and accommodation, I received exemplary service and delicious food throughout.

Would I recommend this hotel to others ??? ... absolutely and without hesitation !!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnGKC
Lorna G, Director of Sales at Ellisland House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Good morning John G K C,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ellisland House Hotel. We are very sorry of the circumstances that you were visiting us. We are glad that we were able to accommodate in the best way possible for yourself and your family.

We hope that we will see you again very soon,

Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Another beautiful family meal at Ellisland House Hotel.
Always a friendly atmosphere.
Service excellent.
Quality and presentation excellent.
Standards never slip.
Gardens and hotel immaculate.
Looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmen M
Lorna G, Director of Sales at Ellisland House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Good Morning Carmen M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ellisland House Hotel. We love to hear that you and your family had a lovely experience with us! We hope that you will be joining us again soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Firstly, full disclosure the company I work for pays for me to stay here although I wouldn’t stay anywhere I wouldn’t be prepared to pay for myself.

I’ve probably stayed here for about 3 full weeks over the last 12 months and every time I have had an outstanding experience. There’s far too much to go into detail for everything but here’s the highlights

The overall price is comparable to similar quality hotels and restaurants in the area but the value for money is the best. I’ve stayed in a few hotels in the area and this is by far my favourite.

The rooms are furnished to a high standard and are exceptionally clean with all the usual tea, coffee, biscuits, bottled water and toiletries.

The food in the restaurant is mind blowing and for the price it represents the best value for money I’ve experienced in a long time, it’s high quality, good range on the menu and the portion sizes are large

The staff are fantastic and attentive, friendly, nothing is too much trouble. They are always polite despite when the restaurant is busy. They’ve always got time to ask if there’s anything they can get you. The time between courses is really low, they’ve obviously got the kitchen and front of house working to military precision, cannot speak highly enough of the staff

If you’re thinking of staying here or eating here, then don’t hesitate you will not be disappointed

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Gosub90

Good Morning Gosub90,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ellisland House Hotel! We are very glad that we, at Ellisland are giving you the best experience possible when you are staying with us. It is lovely to hear that you have had such a outstanding experienced with us over the past 12 months.

We hope that you will be back to visit us again soon! We look forward to it.

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

We had a family meal (50th birthday celebrations) on Saturday night and the food and service was absolutely first- class. Every meal served was delicious and the staff were so friendly and attentive. Such great value for money and the (free) room hire gave all the family much more time to relax and unwind! Highly recommendable and we look forward to our next visit to this very charming hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Lorna G, Director of Sales at Ellisland House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Hi Emma R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Ellisland House Hotel.

We are so glad to have been able to help assist in the 50th Birthday Celebrations! We are delighted to hear you had a lovely experience with us and that the whole family were able to relax with Ellisland House Hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you and your family back to us very soon!