“Fabulous accomodation”
Dining Alfresco
Ayr Racecourse
Brig O Doon Weddings
Golfing Breaks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Steven C
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fabulous accomodation”
Reviewed 18 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We stayed in Alloway Retreat for a weekend in early May. We were attending a wedding in Brig o' Doon.

The house is immaculate and kitted out to a high standard. We particularly enjoyed the little touches like fresh bread on arrival.

The property is stunning and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The owner, Shirley, is also so friendly and accommodating.

Thanks for a wonderful stay.

j0annehal...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent accommodation”
Reviewed 29 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Highly recommended! Excellent accommodation and fabulous host Shirley! The welcome pack was great with delicious home made bread. Excellent location. Stayed with five adults and two children, so had to get a fold up bed which was perfect. A very large, luxurious and extremely comfortable holiday home. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a base in Ayrshire, only 5 minutes from Ayr town centre and close to many other towns too. Will definitely be back!

Travelling group: Large Group
H5656mac
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Pure luxury”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Just a two night stay but we really could have stayed the full week.
Beautiful property, comfortable and spacious.
Friendly welcome and thoughtful touches such as wine, chocolates, milk , a bowl of fruit, biscuits and homemade bread , dressing gowns and slippers!!!
We were planning a night out but decided to stay in and enjoy our surroundings instead!!
We will most definitely be back !!
Thanks so much Shirley X

Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Margareta...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“First class, luxury home!”
Reviewed 10 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I've just returned from a three day stay at Alloway Retreat which was tremendous. My husband & I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary with our son & his fiancé and our daughter and her boyfriend and then going to our nephew's wedding at the Brig O'Doon the next day. The house was perfect for 6 adults as it has spacious reception rooms and 2 of the bedrooms are enSuite as well as having a luxury family bathroom. Shirley was welcoming and helpful, we particularly enjoyed the freshly baked bread delivered after we'd had enough time to unpack! A great house to entertain in, all utensils you could possibly require. Thank you for being so accommodating with the early arrival as well as a late departure! Several family popped over for bubbly and cake and everyone thought the house was beautiful and good value for money. We plan to return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Luxury bedding.
Liked least: Nothing to complain about at this accommodation.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
31 May 2015
Thank you for your fantastic review. I'm so glad you all had a great time at Alloway Retreat and that it catered for all your needs. It was a pleasure having you all stay and hope that I meet you all again sometime in the future. Take care.
Kindest regards
Shirley
Sloopjonb...
Cardigan, United Kingdom
“One of the best holiday rentals ever!”
Reviewed 4 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Spending a week house hunting 400 miles away from home was always going to be stressful, especially with 3 young children in tow. However, Shirley (the owner) put us all at ease within minutes with freshly baked bread and a bottle of plonk for mum and dad on arrival. The house is fantastically proportioned, I never thought a 3 bed bungalow could be so spacious. With a very well equipped kitchen and hi-spec finish no one would be disappointed with the accommodation. Our kids loved the TV's in every bedroom, the box of toys and the fact that it snowed during our stay. If you're looking for a large holiday rental in this area Alloway Retreat will fit the bill and more!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quality of the whole house.
Liked least: The front room was just far too nice to let the kids in, we only used the other TV room/lounge.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
11 Feb 2015
Thank you for choosing Alloway Retreat for your stay and for this wonderful review! I'm glad that you all enjoyed your stay and that it helped make house hunting that bit less stressful. I take my hat off to you both as I have 2 young kids also and that is some challenge. I would just like to wish you all good luck with the house move and welcome you all to Ayrshire Scotland. Many thanks again. Shirley
John O
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Spring Holiday”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

As a family we have stayed in numerous holiday cottages over the years,we have had some good and bad experiences. All I can say is the quality of this accommodation is second to none . Shirley the owner was very efficient with the booking process and upon arrival the wine and home cooked bread was a lovely thought. The bungalow itself is presented to a very high standard and I would be hard pressed to have any negative comments. Would certainly recommend this as a fantastic base to explore the South West of Scotland. Trip Droid.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
17 Jun 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out to do this wonderful review. I'm so glad that you all enjoyed your stay, it was a pleasure having you and I would welcome you back again in the future, anytime. Thank you again.
Kindest regards
Shirley
Jennifer...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Magical Start to our Wedding Weekend”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I booked Alloway Retreat for my pre wedding accommodation, as the location and size of the property was perfect (only a 2 minute drive to our wedding at the Brig O' Doon House Hotel). I live in Edinburgh and was looking for somewhere spacious and comfortable to accommodate me and my two bridesmaids the night before the wedding.

Initially when I found out there was a minimum two night stay I was disappointed, as I was only looking for somewhere to stay the night before the wedding. However, it actually worked out really well as it meant that my future husband and I got the chance to stay there on the first night before my bridesmaids joined me on the second night.

It states on their website that it's a luxury bungalow and this is most certainly the case. From the moment we stepped into the property we both absolutely loved it; it's very well presented with nice finishes throughout. As we were staying here on the lead up to our wedding Shirley and Paul very kindly left us a wedding card, bottle of wine and some freshly baked bread, which was a very nice touch and a great start to our stay.. The kitchen is well equipped and the lounge areas very comfortable. The property is well situated with easy access to Ayr and other local amenities.

The entire process from booking to getting our refundable deposit back was very easy and straightforward. The owners (Shirley & Paul) were very friendly and extremely helpful. They're usual check out time is 11am but since our wedding was at 1.30pm they were very accommodating and kindly agreed that I could stay at the bungalow until my wedding car collected me at 1.20pm.

I couldn't have imagined a better start to our wedding weekend; it really was fantastic.

To summarize:
-Superb accommodation.
-Very good value for money.
-Easy to book and owners are very helpful.
-Would definitely recommend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved everything.
Liked least: No dislikes.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 May 2014
Thank you for this great review. Im glad that Alloway Retreat helped make your wedding weekend special!! Alloway Retreat had its first bride and a beautiful bride at that, it was a pleasure to have you all stay. Wishing you both a very happy, healthy and wealthy life together!!
Shirley XX
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$270
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing