“Had a brilliant night here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avonbridge Hotel

Avonbridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hamilton
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Had a brilliant night here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Had a brilliant night here with what is now the ex girlfriend. Rooms were comfy, had Sky Sports and wi fi so i could use the internet and watch the football while i waited on her arriving. The bar was cheap too at £2.50 a pint of Stella

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Duncan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hamilton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Hello, we have now eaten and drank a few times in Bar Milano, it is a beautiful cafe bar, the tapas style food has been delicious and the service has been brilliant, I can only recommend it, it is certainly the nicest bar in Hamilton to sit and relax with a nice chilled glass of wine.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meeweegee
Lanarkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Hubby and I enjoyed a very busy Saturday night dining at the Conservatory Restaurant at the Avonbridge Hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, and the friendliness of the restaurant manager and some of the staff. The variety of food is good, ambience is informal and pleasant, and they put themselves out to help you have a fun night. A few very Italian touches, which were much appreciated, say the good buffalo mozzarella and the unusual vino novello at a very reasonable price. I recommend it and it seems that many share my opinion, if we judge by the crowd of diners and dinner parties. The only down side was my G&T, which was tired to say the least (I suppose, due to the quality of the gin and the 5 ice cubes therein). The pasta con le vongole was an enjoyable surprise, and the calamari were very good. We have already booked our return visit and plan to put this establishment firmly on our local fave restarant list.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FranBoyle
Isle of Man
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed here with family for a party in October 2011. All in all I was less than impressed with the hotel. We had a room above the main function suite.AVOID! The noise was awful. There was a wedding reception underneath us which was so loud the floor in our room was vibrating! You could also hear every word the DJ uttered! Thankfully this all finished at 12am or I would have been checking out. also can't beleive they handed you the remote control for the TV when you checked in!
On the plus side the reception areas are all very nice, the refurbished bar is lovely. I was however charged incorrectly twice there!
The rooms could do with a serious refurb! Peeling paint, grubby and tired. And SMALL! Never stayed in a smaller, hotter room anywhere. My husband commented at one point, 'This isn't a room it's a microwave!' I think he was right.
Breakfast was awful! no selection and the most measly potions i have
been given anywhere. My advice - Stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Misti66
Dumfries
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Staff are great, food quite good, but little quality control on housekeeping. Beds are rock hard, and rooms need up-dating.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

On looking at the Web site I thought I was in for an excellent quality of hotel, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. As mentioned before for the size of the hotel the car park was small, although I did not have any problems parking, but would suspect at weekends if there was a function on there could be problems.
On walking in the hotel reception and area was good, very modern. However I was told my room was down the back and up three flights of stairs, and through a couple of fire doors. I found this area very cold, probably due to someone leaving a fire door propped open. The room was good, although cramped, I had work to do although a desk and chair were provided, I could not sit on the chair at the desk I had to sit on the bed and reach over to work on the computer, in addition I had to struggle to plug the lap top in it was down the back of the desk. There was not much privacy with the room for I could the person in the next room talking on their phone, in addition the fire door at the end of the corridor banged everytime someone went through it. Otherwise the room was comfortable.
I could not fault the restaurant, good service and a good selection and breakfast was equally as good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveller50_10
Newry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I stayed here in September as the Bothwell Bridge (its sister hotel) was fully booked.

On arrival I had difficulty getting parked as the car park was full at 6:00 pm! When parked check in was fast and efficient. I needed help getting my case up to the room. It was really far from reception up 3 flights of stairs through several fire doors. I don't think they are used to people asking them for help but were polite and we got there in the end.

I had eaten in Bar Milano (Tapas menu) and it was average. I will say this about the menu - there are too many items on it and they don't specialise in any particular food type. This is a pity as the staff are very helpful and pleasant.

The room itself was very good - bed was clean and comfortable. Shower worked well with nice hot water. Bathroom looked dated but was functional. Wi Fi (even though far from reception) was brilliant. Television was modern and worked well. Breakfast was very good too with a good selection.

I liked the hotel and would stay here again, my only issue was the small car park and having to wait until someone left to get a space. Faultless as a business hotel. Would recomend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
1.2 km away
2.5 km away
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
4.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5

Been to Avonbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!