All reviews mary keane potato waffles shannon airport close to town full irish breakfast breakfast room traditional music convenient location excellent location breakfast was delicious room was large great place to stay county clare downtown ennis tea and coffee two nights old ground hotel
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

The good first: this is an easy bed and breakfast to book and find in Ennis. There is signage and enough parking in front if they are not full. The bad started with being charged a different amount than agreed upon via emails. It continued with the faucets for hot and cold water being separate in the sink so that washing your face meant the water was cold or hot. It continued with walls thin enough to hear our neighbor snoring as we attempted to sleep. This is, for 75 or 80 euro for two people, a poor value. We had just stayed in Kenmare, and for the same price had much lovelier accommodations and delicious food.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

Great location if arriving by bus. Mary the owner is terrific in guiding you in the right direction for meals,sights,tours etc. This is my second visit here(2 years ago) and the different rooms I have stayed in have their own personality. One thing they all have in common is their coziness. The breakfast has many options and she is willing to do a continental breakfast if you're leaving before 8. Mary will also let you leave your bags at her place if you happen to arrive after an early morning flight. I then hung out in the town. Mary is the kind of person I would have as my friend if I lived there. Many thanks!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathy G
Reviewed May 29, 2017

Could not have been a better experience. Mary, our host, was fabulous! We arrived a few hours before normal check-in and she allowed us to relax and wait in the front gathering room while the room was being cleaned and prepped for us. The room was even nicer than imagined and the service and hospitality of Mary and her team were wonderful. Room was clean and spacious and bathroom looked newly redone. Mary was so helpful with all of our questions and it turns out her daughter went to school with my cousin's daughter - small world! Breakfast was made to order and just perfect. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and would stay again. It's within walking distance to all the stores in Ennis. We highly recommend Grey Gables!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed May 28, 2017

Mary is wonderful. She is a whirlwind of activity. Her breakfasts are good and filling. The dining room is beautiful with a blue and yellow color scheme. It looks just like her pictures. I enjoyed being in there. She has brochures in the front hall and trip advice, and a map of the area. My room was bright and cheerful, comfy bed. There are 2 things I would caution you about. The shower in our room was small and the water pressure was low. If you are a big guy like my husband, you will be crowded in the shower. Also the staircase was scary for me because it is steep, and I am old. Stay downstairs if you aren't young and surefooted!!! The whole house has beautiful wood and several small sitting areas, and beautiful flowers outside. I recommend this place highly. Mary actually let us check in early. I couldn't believe her kindness. We were wiped out from the plane trip and just stopped by to say we would be checking in that afternoon. She told us to go eat lunch and she would have the room ready when we got back.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet. If you have mobility problems, request a downstairs room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2017

My niece and I were traveling through Ireland on our own and booked this B&B for one night. Very well located just a couple of blocks between the town shops and the bus depot. We walked everywhere. Our host, Mary, was very welcoming and made great suggestions for things to do and see. It was clean, bright, and we had a great breakfast the morning we departed.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends