All reviewsmary keanepotato wafflesshannon airportclose to townfull irish breakfastbreakfast roomtraditional musicconvenient locationexcellent locationbreakfast was deliciousroom was largegreat place to staycounty claredowntown ennistea and coffeetwo nightsold ground hotel
Reviewed July 4, 2017

We had a lovely large room with comfortable beds. We were able to sleep three adults. Mary Keane, the Innkeeper, was very welcoming! Our bathroom had a heater, which was not true of many places we stayed. She offered a very fine breakfast each morning. Tea and coffee were available whenever we desired. Mary also gave us good suggestions of places to visit in Ennis and the surrounding area. If Catholic, there is a church is close by.

Room Tip: Great location and spotless!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank P-PRTW78
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I toured Ireland for 12 days, stayed in 5 B&Bs and this one was by far our favorite! We stayed here for three nights and wish we would have stayed for longer. Wonderful location, beautiful home, gracious host and staff. Absolutely loved it here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarina1285
Reviewed June 22, 2017

My family of 5 recently spent two nights in two rooms at Grey Gables. Mary is wonderful and accommodating, and her breakfasts are delicious -- fresh fruit, potato waffles, great coffee. Both rooms were spacious, recently updated, and very cozy / comfortable. The B&B itself is lovely -- even nicer than the pictures, and the hotel is an easy walk from restaurants and sight-seeing. We would absolutely stay here again! Thank you for an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank P-Fow
Reviewed June 15, 2017

Due to a mistake on my part, we arrived a day later than our reservation. Mary accommodated us giving us a room smaller than she would have the night we were scheduled to arrive. The room was quite small, but we're seasoned travelers so we were fine. The shower was hot and the breakfasts were really good. I will say, the bed was much too hard for my liking, but I know some people like quite firm beds. As another reviewer commented, the potato waffles were to die for! Thank you Mary for accommodating us. Just a word of caution, if you don't book through a booking agent, you'll need to pay in cash, a fact I was unaware of when I booked directly.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joangosewisch
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

The good first: this is an easy bed and breakfast to book and find in Ennis. There is signage and enough parking in front if they are not full. The bad started with being charged a different amount than agreed upon via emails. It continued with the faucets for hot and cold water being separate in the sink so that washing your face meant the water was cold or hot. It continued with walls thin enough to hear our neighbor snoring as we attempted to sleep. This is, for 75 or 80 euro for two people, a poor value. We had just stayed in Kenmare, and for the same price had much lovelier accommodations and delicious food.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple