Blarney Woollen Mills Hotel
Blarney Hotel & Golf Resort(Blarney)(Great Value!)
US$106
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsblarney woollen millschristy's bareggs benedictirish shopold millcork citylamb shankvery nice hotelthe pubweekend breaktour buseshotel barreception staffbeds were comfortablea lovely staystayed here for one nightfull irish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This place is walking distance to Blarney. Which is very nice. Allows you to get to Blarney before the tour buses do! The hotel was very quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. The Pub in the hotel was cozy and fun. the lobby and grounds were beautiful. The breakfast was delicious. I stayed in a double room and it was large. The bed was comfortable the room was hot. The window was open but it was a very muggy night and like most of Ireland there was no AC. They did provide a fan which I used. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is because the rooms are very dated. It's in desperate need to be renovated. They need new carpet and drapes like 5 years ago. My allergies protested.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently with my partner to visit friends in cork city for 2 nights as part of a special offer on Escapes.ie that we had purchased. This hotel is full of character and so homely, spotless also might I add! Very good value for money (package we got was 179euro for 2 night B&B, afternoon tea and late checkout for 2 people). The fact that it was available to use at the weekend was also great! The breakfast is amazing great selection of hot dishes to order! Afternoon tea was the best I've ever had! Only a week before I had been in the 5 star Monart in Wexford for afternoon tea and I can say I enjoyed this much more food was much more enticing in comparison! As I have dietary requirements which requires a low protein diet I couldn't eat gluten meat or fish etc on sandwiches, which I had already stated on booking! It was no hassle and they never even made a deal about it when we went for the afternoon tea they just brought out cakestands with a fabulous selection of salad sandwiches and gluten free desserts! The delph and cutlery used for afternoon tea was beautiful a real great! Have already recommended this place to friends and family, will definitely be back.
Great value for money!
Good honest food!
Cleanliness impeccable!
Oh and free WiFi which lets all admit we all love!!! Great job!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017

we stayed in the Blarney woollen mills hotel for a 2 night stay our room was clean and tidy the staff were helpful and friendly. the breakfast was included in the price of the room and had a good choice from fruit to full Irish and lots in between . I do think guests of the hotel should have a breakfast room away from the public as it can get busy and also I heard a number of senior people say they found ordering confusing. pastry etc not inc in breakfast menu . The hotel was very warm needed to leave the window open and fan on all night even though no heating on

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to spend a Friday evening in this historic, lovely hotel. It was the perfect stopover from Waterford to Dingle. The hotel staff was AMAZING! The ladies at check in were extremely helpful in every way. Our rooms had historic charm with a few modern updates. My room had a view of Blarney Castle that was beautiful. On the property there was a cafeteria type restaurant/gift shop, a three story woolen mill shopping center and a pub. Once our car was parked, we did not have to move it until we left the next day. Checking in and out was a breeze. Each room comes equipped with an oscillating fan for those who might need extra air circulating. August temps can be a little on the warm, humid side and in a second floor room the air flow is nice. This is a wonderful stop while touring south Ireland!
Side note: It is a major stopping point for bus tours. The shopping areas and food court can become extremely crowded in a short period of time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We haven't stayed in the hotel but dine fortnightly at the restaurant attached to the hotel. Food is lovely (big fan of the eggs benedict as well as the French toast) and the service is top notch. Lee will make your dining experience perfect as he brings a high level of service and a cheerful attitude each and every time we are there (does someone tell him we are coming?!). In a nutshell, good food & good people!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business