“Fine”

Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Blarney
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Name is misleading- the hotel is a few minutes drive from blarney and actually outside of the next town.
The hotel and staff are nice but the rooms are outdated and not quite 4 star.
Would make sense for them to put guests from weddings on another wing/floor considering there were only a few guests outside of the wedding on that weeked- kept awake by shouting outside our door.
Overall grand for a weekend away but nothing too special

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scon89
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf Resort. If you would be so kind to contact me direct and we can discuss your stay further, I would be gratreful.

Kind regards

conor.otoole@blarneygolfresort.com

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed for a 4 night break in the Lodges.
On arrival, the friendly receptionist told us the lodge was not available and we would be given rooms in the hotel for the first night. The rooms turned out to be a suite, which was amazing.
Moved to the lodge next day. It was warm, clean, well equipped and just perfect.

Food in the hotel was good and we also tried out local restaurants.
Hotel bar a bit disappointing, smallish and not very comfortable but the barman was helpful. Also ate in the golf club, which was fine. Nice pub in the village.

Visited Cork city and drove around west Cork, enjoyed the scenery and the shopping. all in all, I would recommend the hotel and lodges, but not if you want night life! Excellent for quiet family break. V good pool.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Carmel F

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf Resort.

I was delighted to read that your stay was a enjoyable one. I will pass your kind comments on to the rest of the team.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed here twice must say had a very nice time in this quiet hotel. Girls on reception lovely and friendly Bedroom very spacious . breakfast nice Grand for an overnight stay while visiting cork

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf Resort. I was delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one. I will pass on your kind comments to our reception team. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed in the Blarney Golf Resort hotel (formerly The Ramada Hotel) in December 2011.
We arrived a the hotel at 1pm on Friday, expecting to have to wait an hour before check-in. The hotel bar did not open until 6pm! The hotel room was (extremely) cold and didn't really warm up until Saturday afternoon.

The bar was small with little comfortable seating. Taxi required to visit Tower (nearest town) or Blarney village which was possibly 5-6 miles away.

The rooms were spacious and clean, and the breakfast good but the big negative for this hotel, was that the beds are of very poor standard. Anyone with back problems would not sleep in the beds without suffering the consequences!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Conor O, Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf Resort. Your feedback is important to us. I would like to apologise for the heating problems you encountered on your stay with us, that evening we were experiencing technical difficulties which unfortuantely were out of our control. We did manage to rectify the problems but unfortunately yourselves along with other guest were affected. In relation to your comments on the beds I would again like to apologise, we are currently undergoing a refurbishment on the bedrooms wich will onvolve replacing the beds.

If you would like to contact me direct to discuss your stay further I would be grateful.

Conor O'toole

Reviewed 2 January 2012

We only stayed one night here and to be honest it was enough.
We arrived early and the lady on reception was very pleasent and had a room ready for us which was great. The room was really big but a bit strange. The lighting was terrible and the room was freezing so had to have heat on full blast .The bathroom was huge aswell but the shower was pretty terrible more air in it that water !
We didnt dine in the restaurant instead we drove around 15 /20 mins into Cork city and had a goood night out as the hotel bar lacked atmosphere.
We also used the leisure center - the gym was good for a hotel but the pool area and steam room was a little grubby.Again the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
As we got a very good rate for this hotel I was happy with I got but had I paid the full price I would have been a little disapointed.Perhaps because it was over the Christmas period but the place seamed a bit deserted.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf Resort your feedback is important to us. I will certainly investigate the problems you encountered on your stay as I am dissapointed your expectations were not met.

If you would like to contact me direct to discuss yuor stay further I would be grateful.

conor.otoole@blarneygolfresort.com

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We spent 2 nights on a short break. Hotel is located out in the country side. Clean and modern hotel. Pool area and leisure centre is nice. Didn't get to play the surrounding golf course. Room was a good size, small tv though. Shower water pressure was great! Room was freezing when we arrived. They may have been having a problem with the heating.

Restaurant is nice but he menu was a bit of let down. Quiet expensive in the restaurant so I wouldn't expect to be eating there unless its included. Menu was just ok and not very vegierian friendly.
Breakfast was a nice buffet

All in all it was quite pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2011
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf Resort. I was surprised at your comments on the restaurant. We have an early bird menu 7 days a week for €24 which includes a 3 course menu and a glass of wine, our Al a Carte menu is €34 for 4 courses, which I believe is very reasonable. I apologise for the room temperature, we were experiencing problems that evening which were rectified, but I can understand your frustration and would. I will pass on your positive comments to the rest of the team.

Thank you once again, your feedback is important to us.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stayed here when we got a super secret deal. We had our expectations set somewhat high by only hearing that it had four stars.

Parking was difficult. There was a free spot at the far end of the carpark, and it was pouring with rain. I've no idea who was filling up the carpark, because inside the place was pretty deserted and overnight more than half the cars had disappeared.

Service was good. We were a bit surprised to not find an Irish accent welcoming us.

Carpet was a bit worn in the hallways, which detracted from the place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Timothy T

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf Resort. I am dissapointed that your expectations were not met on this occasion. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to exceed customer expectation. If you would like to contact me direct and we can discuss your stay further, I would be grateful.

Conor O'Toole

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Blarney Castle Hotel
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Centre
Clayton Hotel Cork City

Been to Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure? Share your experiences!