“Service ruined nice food”
Review of Lal Quila

Lal Quila
Ranked #398 of 717 Restaurants in Cork
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

The chefs are the best.front of house rude and had an attitude towards requests.very expensive..charged for rice separate to mains

1  Thank thomask4oldwomen

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

I was very impressed with the whole experience I had here. The food is so delicious and authentic and is beautifully presented in different decorated bowls. Portion sizes are very, very generous and the prices are no more expensive than the next restaurant in Cork.
There is huge choice on the menu, and also some interesting drinks on tap.
Using the Groupon voucher we had was so convenient as they have the a mobile app, which eliminated the need to even print the voucher.
The service was great, nice friendly staff always go a long way! I'd definitely recommend this new restaurant, and wish them all the best!

1  Thank Jen R
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Went to la quila on popes quay last week ! Really great food ! Myself and my wife ordered starters main course and a desert! Everything was absolutely delicious ! Best peshwari naan I have ever tasted ! Really good service and friendly staff!! In my opinion best Indian in cork-so authe thic!! Will defo be returning here , seriously recommend this place !!!!

2  Thank Asim R
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Visited last Sunday evening at 6.30pm with the Groupon voucher. Was looking foward to a meal where we could choose between Thai, Chinese or Indian as shown on the website but when we arrived we were only given an Indian menu. I enquired about this with the waitress who checked with the chef, and then told us this was the only menu and he knew nothing of any other menu. We waited 25 mins for our wine to be served. Food arrived quickly, and was nice but the chicken korma was an unusual orange colour. After our plates were cleared we waited another half an hour for a dessert menu which didn't arrive, so we approached the waiter and then had to order dessert and the bill at the same time. The 'death my chocolate cake served warm' was served cold, sent back and came back again cold. Very disappointing, would not return.

1  Thank Kate L
Reviewed June 29, 2016

My wife had been to the partner restaurant in Douglas and raved about it so when a deal came up on Groupon, I thought we'd give the branch in the city centre a go. From the outside, it looks very casual, not really what we expected. It was also really quiet, but we were really early, only 5 o'clock. The waitress was very friendly and attentive and the service was quick.

The food was outstanding! The nicest Indian I've ever had and the portions were so large I felt bad about not finishing. I really could not praise the food enough. There was an unusual twist on the Irish potato cake, which was delicious and the meat spring rolls were amazing. The tandoori prawns came in a sizzling dish and the chicken biryani and sauce came in clay pots. So cute and absolutely mouth watering. Even though we had a voucher, I was still pleasantly surprised with the final bill. So pleased for our first visit, which will definitely not be our last!

1  Thank SDByrne