“Tasty Romantic Meal- If you are looking for good Italian food, look no further”
Review of Il Padrino

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre
Reviewed February 17, 2016

I visited this restaurant with my boyfriend for a Valentine's Day meal which did not disappoint.
What made us choose this restaurant above all others was not only our love for Italian food but also because of the extensive menu which offered a lot of choice compared to others restaurants.

Despite the Valentine's rush, we managed to be seated at a lovely table which was set up with candlelight and a red rose which was a nice touch.
The atmosphere of the restaurant was romantic with dim lights, cosy interiors and decoration and music that helped us to unwind and really get into the Italian feel of the place.
We both noted how we actually felt like we had left Ireland and were on holiday's somewhere foreign.

We had 3 courses each, all which were made with delicious ingredients and had a special authentic feel with delectable seasoning. The portion sizes were just right, not overly large and the service was fast even though it was a busy night. We did not feel rushed to finish and give up our table either.

The staff were very friendly and patient.
The price was also reasonable, we paid about €55 for the two of us for 3 courses each without drinks.

Overall, a great experience and a very yummy visit.
If you are looking for a tasty Italian restaurant , I would highly recommend Il Padrino

Reviewed February 16, 2016

had a meal there with a couple of colleagues last week .great warm welcome to the restuarant by the host
service was just ok a bit forgetful if you ask me .

the food was ok .not as special as i had expected for some reason lacked zing !! if you ask me .

i thought it was a bit on the pricey side
would i recommend . not sure yes or no make your own mind up you wont be disappointed but you wont be esctacic either

Reviewed February 15, 2016

Having eaten here from when it was its original size to what it is today, it has never let is standards slip, from producing beautiful tasty food , excellent service and a warm welcoming atmosphere. My Fiancee and I love the décor and are usully eating with Marilyn and Marlon watching us. It has always been a restaurant that has accommodated us even when its been fully booked. Visit and eat at Il Padrinos and you wont be disappointed

Reviewed February 9, 2016

My wife and I had an early evening meal here recently. Staff were pleasant, polite and professional. We enjoyed the meal and wine, all at reasonable price. I would go there again

Reviewed February 9, 2016

I met a friend for lunch in II Padrino Italian Restaurant. It was quite busy but we were seated fairly quickly. The menu was great and varied . My friend had a pizza and I had a lasagne. They were both delicious and tasty. The staff were nice and friendly. The restaurant is nicely decorated and spotlessly clean.

1  Thank Caroline D