“Excellent evening”

Greenes Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 717 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$20 - US$46
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Greenes Restaurant, Awarded Best Chef in Cork 2015, is located in a beautiful courtyard within 5 minutes' walk of Patrick Street, Cork. Local ingredients, the finest seafood and meat available in Cork, we only offer what's in season, often organic but always artisan prepared. Greenes is without a doubt a must dine venue. The scenery alone is worth a visit, with its own floodlit waterfall looking onto a heated courtyard, Greenes city centre location is ideal for all those travelling in the South of Ireland. Keenly priced menu's, an extensive wine list, cocktail's and a full bar licence with Excellent Food ensures that Greenes remains one of the Best restaurants in Cork City.
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Had a beautiful evening meal in front of the water feature. The setting is lovely and romantic. The service is really excellent. We got great value as there was a sale on vouchers on the website. We had the tasting menu and we were not disappointed!

1  Thank Damien M

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Greenes was fantastic from beginning to end. It was my favorite meal of my10 day trip in Ireland. The seting is beautiful and the staff were super friendly but the food is the star.

Presentation was on point and the locally sourced menu was inventive and delicious.

Loved every bite. I think it deserves a Michelin star for sure.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Had the pre theatre deal. Amazing food. Good service. Relaxed atmosphere. Lovely wine. Had the chicken for main and can’t get it out of my head.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

What can I say highly recommend I loved it.

Food was great service was incredible I would definitely rush back.

Something I found really attractive was the space between tables and even though we had an allocated time period for our reservation there was no rush. We actually ran 30 mins late and it wasn’t a problem.

All food was delicious really enjoyed it I had the lamb.

Thank you for a brilliant meal.

1  Thank Globetrotter201026
Reviewed August 11, 2018

You enter from the street into either the hotel next door or a garden area. Outside are a few tables by a large rock water fall, inside, regular restaurant ambience. It is across the street from the theatre in the city... so the people are geared to theatre times, and have that "theatre" elegance you would see in London or New York at at theatre restaurant. Service is polite, but also informal and friendly. Fun.

Food is out of this world amazing. The stuff we went crazy over was the salted butter and fresh bread, and the several extra items we still don't know how to pronounce that had delicate different tastes as you savored them in your mouth.

My wife said this was one of the best meals she has ever had... I can't disagree.

We ticked off fine dining below... which it clearly is... but the price was below what we would expect for the quality... substantially.