“Fantastic Hotel”

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on 3 separate occasions, and every time has been amazing. The hotel is always buzzing, and the staff are friendly and courteous. The rooms are always immaculate, and the food, both for breakfast and in the restaurant has always been top quality.

I think some of the travellers pictures are unfair, and unrepresentative of what the Imperial has to offer. If you have time, I cannot recommend the spa, especially the vitality suite, as the ultimate way to relax and chill after a day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: Would highly recomment a trip to the English Market, located close by
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
ImperialCork, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel.

I also share the same opinion of posted photos and I guarantee that all negative photos currenttlty displayed have been rectifyed and are not the same as when taken.

Joe Kennedy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Polish first
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed in the Hotel last weekend with my girlfriend and we weren't disapointed. It's great location is a lane way away from Patrick Street. The reception staff were were very friendly to begin with and this set the tone for the weekend. We had dinner as part of the package and this was the best experience of all. Barry the restaurant manager was very accomodating and looked like he enjoys his job. Our server Shauna was so helpful I asked the manager for her name afterwards to pay her a compliment- she is simply excellent at her job! The room was clean and tidy with a comfortable bed, LCD TV and a great bathroom with under floor heating. If you are looking to stay in Cork city do not waste your time looking any further- this is the best place to stay. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor with no complaints.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Our staff of the Imperial Hotel are our biggest and most talked about asset and we continue to grow and develop our employees. Barry is a trainee manager and Shauna is a recent recruit in the restaurant.

Generla Manager

Will return

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We spent two night at this hotel on Paddy's weekend. We had stayed there before so we were happy enough to return as it is in a good location in the city centre. The hotel has 4 stars but i think it doesn't deserve this. Since our last visit the hotel has got very shabby. Our room was not even average for a 3 star hotel. Walls were dirty and marked. Double bed was pushed against the wall so my husband had to climb over my side to get to his. I had about 3 feet from my side between the bed and the wall. To open a window for fresh away you had to climb on the bed as it was also on my husbands side. The sofa was pushed against the end of the bed and again from the end of the sofa there was only a few feet between that and the wall. There was no window or fan in the bathroom (this i couldnt believe). Overall i would not return to this hotel and will not be recommending it. In my eyes it is more 2 star than 4.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank miniblue
ImperialCork, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I was disapoointed to read your comments and I apologise for our shortcomings on this occassion.

I hope that this bedroom experience will not deter you from returning to us in the future as I know its not a true reflection on what we can deliver in a bedroom experience. We are still reinvesting and upgrading our bedroom product each year. We have upgraded 50 new bedrooms by the end of this month and I hope to refigure the room you stayed in so we give the customer more space.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to showing you a better and more comfortable room experience.

Abbeyleix, Ireland
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We have stayed in this hotel many times. It is conveniently located in the city centre, so all shops, restaurants & pubs are all close by. Hotel restaurant, cafe and bar are all well kept and serve good food and drink. The staff are always very friendly & helpful. Can't fault the hotel. On our most recent stay we were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. Nice touch ...

Room Tip: I could certainly recomment a suite. They are spacious and bathroom is large.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Well firstly you couldn't pick a better located hotel to stay in when visiting Cork as its slap bang in the middle of the city. The Hotel itself is very old fashioned & it gives you the feeling you're stepping back into the Ireland of the early 1900's, I couldn't really fault the hotel on much as the rooms were very spacious & the bed was super comfortable, the only negative thing I could say was the room was quite warm & even with the window open was hard to cool it down & also the internet via the TV didn't work, to be honest I found the negative minor & they didn't detract to much from what was a great hotel experience. On a more positive note the food here is absolutely phenomenal, we had dinner one night which I couldn't fault one bit not to mention what is most definitely the best buffet breakfast you will ever experience which the widest variety I ever seen offered, we would just fill up here in the morning & that would keep us going till dinner that night. I will definitely be back if only to experience that breakfast again.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are quite warm, maybe best to request a room on the 1st or 2nd floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank spriggyb
Bedfordshire
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Used to stay at the Imperial regularly in a previous job but hadn't stayed here since 1995 and was not disapointed. Nice room clean and comfy. Excellent staff very friendly and helpful. food was good with a good choice at breakfast. Secure Car park is not on site but only a short walk away. Nice hotel with history , we would definately stay again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business