All reviews shandon bells cork city car park butter museum street parking nice hotel swimming pool family room family break five minute walk night stay leisure centre executive room location was perfect nice stay enjoyed my stay hotel bar
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Good lord where to begin? Parking? Nope. Good luck. They tell you to park in a public garage. Its down the hill. Ok, but you have to walk back, uphill and across a very busy road... and you have to pay for it yourself. Why not offer Valet? You know only a handful of parking spots are available. This wouldn't be awful if the hotel wasn't designed like a prison. Grey barren walls. Dirty hallway floors. Room views of walls, or if youre lucky, a neighboring apartment building.

Find somewhere else to stay if you plan on visiting Cork.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen K
TracyN1099, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Dear Stephen

Reviewed October 12, 2018

Situated high above Cork city this is a great hotel. The only drawback is there is very little parking available so you have to park down in Cork then walk back to the hotel. It is situated in very narrow streets which makes it hard to find first time even with GPS. The view from the room over Cork is well worth it. Friendly staff as well.

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking the city
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
TracyN1099, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2018

Dear Allan

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here twice for work. The staff are really friendly and helpful. It's quite and the rooms are cool. I can sit in the bar and work. It's the only hotel I've stayed in for work where I haven't been fishing back to my room after dinner. The music is even decent. The only thing that let's it down is the parking.

There's only a handful of parking at the hotel. Otherwise they suggest street parking outside the hotel. This is a very narrow street with cars parked on both sides. The other option is a carpark maybe a km away which in my case isn't ideal as I often have a wheely briefcase, file bag and handbag to carry with me when coming and going from the hotel.

I think k what makes me like this place the most is that the first time I stayed here I had had a really bad day and when I got to my room there was a plate of cake waiting in my room. I very literally stood looking g at it for about 2 minutes thinking I was in the wrong room and then I realised it was for me. This cheered me up so much!

This is also the only place I've stayed for work that I would consider staying in if I was in the city for a weekend. Everywhere else is for work. I like it that much here!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
TracyN1099, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear Hungryfish 87

Thank you for the great review of our hotel, We pick a guest of the day from our valued guests, which you are one ! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We stay there for 2 nights and I can’t find a bad word to say about the hotel or the staff we went down for dinner one night and the food is beautiful the service was amazing the three ladies that were looking after us were great they were polite and mannerly the room was amazing fine big room for two of us and the hotel is within walking distance of everything when we were checking out the two ladies in reception were great fun lovely to speak to and bubbly I will definitely be coming back here again one of the best hotels I’ve stay in

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TracyN1099, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Eamon

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

On site parking is non existent unless you arrive early, would say it would put me off staying there again had to park in a nearby Car Park. All so at €170 a night you would think breakfast would be included. Nice hotel but there is better value hotels with better amenities out there.

Trip type: Travelled solo