2,327 results
All reviews thermal suite beautiful hotel relaxation room douglas village eggs benedict cork city relaxing break changing rooms top class both mornings a lovely stay afternoon tea leisure centre food was lovely bar and restaurant last weekend wedding reception
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Spent one night B&B and dinner at this hotel were upgraded to one of the Spa bedrooms on arrival .These rooms were fabulous designed with couples in mind loved it . Lovely relaxed atmosphere throughout the hotel really enjoyed our dinner the staff were very attentive.This hotel is very close to the city center but it feels like it is in the country side Perfect hotel for a romantic getaway.

Room tip: Spa rooms were fab absolutely no noise perfect for couples.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dominic H, Public Relations Manager at Maryborough Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your ‘Romantic Getaway’ here in The Maryborough Hotel & Spa and in particular I am glad that you were happy with your upgrade to a Spa room. Those rooms are nice and quiet and very suited towards couples. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed for 1 night but it was a brilliant experience. The reception staff were really helpful, the restaurant was great. Food very well priced and service staff were very friendly. Pub was excellent, nice staff and reasonably priced drinks. Room was exceptional, with a great view of the gardens. Will stay there again! Thanks again

Room tip: equal quality with a groupon deal or normal stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that your experience was good from check in right through to Dinner. The gardens in the Maryborough are very beautiful and are a great asset to our hotel. We are now looking forward to the summer to see the flowers in full bloom. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We spent 2 nights at Maryborough just after Christmas. It is an old walled country estate in the city suburb of Douglas. The reception area is the old house with modern accomodation wings added on. There was a wedding function each evening we stayed but no noise from the function room which is something I fear when looking for a quiet break. So top marks for sound-proofing. From your room you only see grass and trees so although you are less than 10 mins walk from old Douglas village you feel you are in the countryside. The hotel has a very nice pool and spa where we had a massage before we left. The food in the restaurant was very good especially the breakfast. Eggs benedict was excellent. Being Christmas there was a lovely warm atmosphere in the hotel and staff were friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel if you are seeking quiet relaxation without leaving the city. And by the way there are several good restaurants in the vilage to choose from if you want to eat out within easy walking distance. We went to Lal Quila Indian restaurant. Very nice!

Date of stay: December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to read that a customer has a very tranquil time, whilst staying in the hotel regardless of what’s going on in the building. I like that you felt that you could have been staying in the country rather than in Douglas, from the old stone walls and the trees close by. The gardens in the Maryborough are very beautiful and are a great asset to our hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We just recently held our wedding reception at the Maryborough and I can not say enough good things about this hotel. Our party of 120 people were treated to an amazing meal and the service here is second to none.
The bridal suite is amazing!!!! They have recently done up one of their bridal suites and it is beautiful. The service, any time we called up for anything and especially on our big day is flawless!
We have eaten in the restaurant there too and the food is always lovely. The spa is fantastic with one of the best massages I have ever had. The only downside to the spa being separate thermal suites for male and female so you can't enjoy with your partner.
I think the high point of service for me was calling room service at 3.40am from the bridal suite as I was starving and asking if I could get a sandwich and tea-not really thinking it would be possible at that time! Within 10 minutes, I was enjoying my sandwich and tea with my new husband and happier than I have ever been! That's what you call service!

Date of stay: December 2012

Dear Lauram83

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Once again, congratulations on your big day and I’m glad that everything was to your satisfaction. It was very nice that you got to enjoy your room service when the day was over in the comfort of your suite. We look forward to inviting you back for your anniversary dinner.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have just arrived back from a stay at this hotel, let me begin by saying we had a lovely stay and felt really relaxed, first we arrived at the hotel and thought what a lovely old hotel set in nice gardens, we parked the car where there was ample spaces, went up the steps to the old house and came into a nice reception area, the check in was fine and was told where our room was, we had booked a spa room with a request of overlooking the nice grounds, anyway we left reception and straight into the modern hotel (this is all really you will see of the old house which I was really disappointed with, I thought from the website there would be nice rooms like drawing rooms to sit in but these are all closed off, I thought the website was a little misleading, its a modern hotel under an umbrella of a old country house) anyway we headed off and luckily a staff member found us looking a little lost, really you would have needed a sat nav to find your way to our room, it was in the basement and yes you may have guessed with no windows no mind a view of the garden!! Anyway the room was nice and spacious with sinks behind the bed (they are a liitle low even for someone as small as me) and jacuzzi was placed in a kind of lean two with a glass roof, I found the room really hot and no air conditioning to cool it down, anyway we had drinks and dinner, the food is excellent and the staff are brilliant, cannot do enough for you, the following day we used the spa area - pool, jacuzzi etc again I didnt think it was great, the pool was small and the jacuzzi was always full, the treatment rooms looked good but did not use them, the breakfast was lovely, no buffet style but a choice from a menu, the dinner included in the package was brillant and again the staff are so lovely, overall a fine modern hotel, I would not return as it is the same as all other modern hotels

Room tip: Dont pick a spa room, it looks like they are mostly in the basement, I did spot rooms with balconys over the garden that looked quite nice
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dominic H, Guest Relations Manager at Maryborough Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Bunstead

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. I’m very happy that many aspects of your visit you were happy with. Unfortunately, I’m disappointed that you did not like the location of the Spa rooms. I would like to welcome you back again some day and allocate you a different room away from the spa rooms, perhaps one of our balcony rooms overlooking the gardens. I would never like to see a customer decide to not revisit as we always try to improve on any issues brought to our attention. Please contact me at dheaney@maryborough.ie if I can be of any assistance to you in the future. At The Maryborough, we welcome all comments, both positive and negative as it helps us to improve all of the time.