1,269 results
All reviews bar food two double beds city centre bit dated food was lovely leisure facilities fota wildlife park lovely hotel last weekend stayed here for one night enjoyable stay would highly recommend this hotel top class following morning breakfast was excellent conference lee
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for an overnight stay for my daughter's graduation. Very clean hotel with a fantastic breakfast . Lovely girl served us for breakfast . The room was very comfortable my only criticism would be the TV in the room the reception was terrible . Very comfortable bed .

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a lovely review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we have noted your comments in relation to the TV reception and I wanted to inform you that we are in the process of updating our TV system, as we are aware of the issues.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice hotel. When we arrived staff were very friendly and efficient.
Bar staff were not very efficient as we were left waiting for about ten minutes even though it was not busy we had to ask a waitress to take our order. Rooms could do with a touch up here and there their was a couple of very noticeable black marks on the wall that could have been fixed easily.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Elaine,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review in relation to your recent stay.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had lunch in the Silversprings Bar on Sunday 21st October (approx around 15:30) with my family. The experience from start to finish was abysmal to say the least.

1) We were not greeted when we arrived. We stood at the entrance to the bar trying to make eye-contact with the waiters rushing past but we were completely ignored. We finally had to stop one and actually ask what the arrangement was ie: do we just take a seat where we want or do we have to be seated. We were informed it was the former.

2) There were very few tables left least of all many to sit four so we had no choice but to sit at a table that hadn't been cleared yet. To our shock, the waiting staff didn't approach us with menus or to clear the table. Again, we had to stop one and ask for menus and the table to be cleaned.

3) The waitress did not clean the table accurately leaving a load of salt across the table. We assumed she would come back with a cloth to wipe it but she didn't so we had to ask the girl taking our orders if it could be cleaned again.

4) Whilst ordering, we asked about the carvery. We were informed that it had finished for the day, that there was some available in the kitchen but that she wouldn't be allowed to take it up- we couldn't understand why the waitress would say such a thing to us!

5) I wanted to order the wrap and asked if I could have this without one of the ingredients listed on the menu. I was then told that this was not possible as all of the wraps were pre-made since morning. I was surprised and genuinely put off by this.

6) The food itself was alright....nothing special but edible.

7) The design of the poor is unpleasant. It is circular with lots of skylight windows. Whilst it is great to have sunlight in the room, we had to keep moving our chairs to avoid being blinded by the sunlight.

8) When our plates were being cleared, the waitress didn't once ask how our meal had been and/or if we wanted any desserts/teas etc. We asked for the bill. It didn't come. Again, we had to go to the bar and ask for it.

At this point, we felt it was timely to express our frustration with our experience. The bar man told us that he would call a restaurant supervisor to speak to us. We waited 15 minutes. Such a supervisor never appeared. We were offered no discount or any recompense for quite frankly a terrible experience.

We ended up leaving but we rang the hotel the next day to express our disappointment with what had meant to be a relaxing family catch-up. The lady at reception took my contact details and said the restaurant supervisor would be in touch. It has now been 3 weeks and I have heard nothing back.

Please note that I am not one to complain easily. I do not want any refund or recompense. I would just like to know that customer feedback is being taken seriously.

I work in a city-centre hotel in Cork and I am well aware of the difference between complaining for the sake of complaining and for genuine reasons and I can safely assure Silversprings management that this is a seriously complaint and that if I was to treat the customers in our hotel like this, I would certainly be on a warning right now.

Room tip: Go elsewhere! Much better hotels with superior dining facilities in the city-centre.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Colette S,

I am terribly sorry for the issues you encountered throughout your stay, and also for the lack of follow up. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in person, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Diarmuid Vaughan
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was a disaster from start to finish. This was a mid week treat but it turned out to be a very disappointing experience. We had 6 different waiters. When we arrived we were told to sit wherever we wanted. So we sat in the bar area. We waited for about 20 minutes and nobody came near us. Eventually we went to the bar to ask for menus. Again after receiving menus nobody came. Finally we called a waiter who told us that we were seated in the wrong place. He moved us to the restaurant. We were here about an hour at this stage. We should have left but we had waisted so much of our evening here we didn’t want to start again somewhere else.
We had the 3 course menu. The beef salad as starter is not worth €9.95. It is a small portion. The lamb - medium to well done was raw in places. I asked for mint sauce and again it did not arrive. I asked a different waitress eventually as my food was nearly finished when it arrived. The lamb at €19.95 is expensive for what you get - a sliver of carrot and a thumb nail of pea purée. Poor service - waitress on her phone and a couldn’t care less attitude contributed to a disappointing experience. The turn over of so many waiting staff meant that nobody knew how the service was going. Such a pity as we had eaten here almost a year ago and the experience was very positive.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I am terribly sorry to have read your comments, and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues you encountered in person.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Diarmuid Vaughan
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a work trip. When I called to enquire about booking was quoted €120 per night....quite expensive for a Monday in November!...also doesn't include breakfast. I actually booked through trip advisor for €100....ludicrous. Room was ok....again like a lot of Irish hotels wifi was terrible. I also must mention that parking was terrible both nights with no spaces available. Didn't try breakfast as it wasn't included even at that price. I wouldn't say here again....no value for money!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry to have read your comments, I wish however to point out that we do our very utmost to offer the most competitive prices within 4 star hotels in Cork, and if it was not the case on this occasion I can certainly assure you it was an exception.
With regards to parking I also wish to inform you that we offer over 500 complimentary car parking spaces throughout the hotel site and if you were unable to locate a space it would certainly be quite unusual.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again and hopefully be able to change your opinion of us,