1,239 results
All reviews military hill hill overlooking the city night porter steep hill city centre lovely hotel bridal suite hotel restaurant full irish large room four star stayed here for one night from start to finish top class cookhouse receptionist wedding
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has retained its classical structure and decoration. The staff is awesome and the accomodations are perfect. The rooms are really big and the bathrooms too. It is centric and close to everything in town. You can walk everywhere.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the ambassador hotel on June 17th, it was ideal location before a concert at the Marquee in Cork, couldn’t fault the room, service was good, but unfortunately the food wasn’t good, we went for dinner at their restaurant, I ordered the fish chowder, in which was supposed to be an award winning dish, em— definitely not, I then went for the roast chicken with vegetables, was only ok, potatoes were very below standard, the next morning for breakfast was nice, but again had to ask for service, they were no cereal bowls, but when another person asked for some, they brought some from the kitchen, no butter on our table, had to take some from another table, I heard someone else ask for a table spoon, for this reason, we will not be staying here again,rooms were nice but food let it down

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

This is our second time staying here, we love this place and we already have another night booked for July, the hotel is perfect for a city break, we were going to a concert in the Marquee and were able to walk to the venue, we also ate in the restaurant before the concert and the food was very good I had a brisket sandwich and it was so tasty our server Steph was so friendly and very good at her job, the bedroom was spotless as was the hotel. We’re already looking forward to our return visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kkbckk
Reviewed June 15, 2018

We stayed here for one night.
The female staff member who checked us in was very helpful and gave us advice on how to get to a concert we were attending. The room was a bit of a trek to get to.
Lift up to the first floor, walk down a corridor turn left, another corridor turn right, lift up to the 3rd floor and our room was on the right as you exited the lift. This was not a problem for us but the actual room we were given was designed for a disabled person(s) so bear this in mind if you require this room. No issues with the room itself except for the heat as it had no a/c.
The breakfast the following morning was excellent although the buffet area for the continentals was small so if it was anyway busy you would probably have to queue. The full Irish was served to us at our table.
The hotel is situated on top of a hill between the city centre and the train station. We used taxi's to come and go and I dont think any fare was above €10 so it worked out perfect for us. You could easily walk it though if you desired. Overall it was a pleasant stay and if I ever go back to Cork I'd check it out.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Lovely looking hotel, gorgeous reception area and pleasant helpful staff. Sadly that is all it had to offer. My room was clean with exception of bathroom which had clumps of hair scattered around it and stains in the toilet. Also there was no hot water for the shower. Somewhat disappointed for my £150 per night stay.

Stayed: June 2018