“Hayfield Manor”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hayfield Manor”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Hayfield Manor. It was like being at an opulent country home, the reception area was an elegant parlor with high back chairs and a fireplace. The library was an excellent place to read with a nice cup of tea. The Bar was great for pre-dinner drinks. The breakfast buffet in the Orchids room was delicious ( my favorite was the eggs benedict). The rooms were spacious, we had tree beds in one room two singles and one double with room to have 2 high back chairs and a table. The hotel payed attention to every detail. We had three robes with slippers, tree coffee cups and every night a turn down service. I would highly recommend the Hayfield Manor if is truely a 5 star experience

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Guest Patti B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review, and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was wonderful to read what an enjoyable recent stay you had with us. Thank you for the great comments about our hotel and service. It is very much appreciated by myself and the whole team.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Cork
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed there on March 25th to March 28th for my Mothers special birthday. Upon arrival, the staff were very attentive and upgraded my Mothers room and left a plate of chocolates with the words “Happy Birthday” a very special touch. I had one slight problem with my Mothers birthday cake enroute, but Rosin and chef soon rectified this without charge which in the end was amazing and thank you. The afternoon tea with champagne was lovely as so was the grounds of the hotel. The gardens are a delight for enjoying a glass of wine or tea and relaxing. The pool and restaurant and breakfast were impeccable and the staff of this hotel are a credit to themselves and hotel. This hotel is paradise nestled amongst Cork. Highly recommended. The only negative our three days were up but we shall definitely return.

Room Tip: I stayed on third floor facing the back of the hotel. No problem
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest Classicovintage,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write your fantastic review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was such a pleasure to read your review from beginning to end. Thank you for all of the great positive feedback on all areas of the hotel. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay for your mother’s birthday, and I hope she enjoyed it also. We strive on a daily basis to exceed all of our guest’s expectations, and I hope that we exceeded yours. I would also like to thank you for the very kind comments about our staff and service, in particular Roisin and our pastry chefs. I will be sure to pass it on to them.

We would be honoured to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Kildare
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had an amazing luxurious night at Hayfield Manor recently. We enjoyed afternoon tea before being taken up to our suite. Upon arrival to our room we were greeted with a plate of treats with happy birthday written on the plate. A very thoughtful touch for a birthday! We ate in Orchids. It was delicious. The bar was very relaxing for post dinner drinks with entertainment in the lounge. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. The best thing about our stay was the staff. They were attentive, kind and very welcoming! Bart in particular was extremely knowledgeable re Cork. He was very kind in sharing this! I would highly recommend Hayfield Manor to a friend as a special treat! Five stars!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest Aoife R,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review, and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to read what a memorable stay you had with us on your birthday. Thank you for the positive comments and feedback about our hotel, our cuisine, and our staff, especially Bart. I will be certain to pass on your comments to the whole team, I am sure they will be delighted to read them.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back through our doors again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

ireland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have stayed here 4 times and are returning in the coming weeks for our wedding anniversary. The hotel is fantastic - rooms are spacious and the beds are really cosy, The gardens are so well kept and the staff are more than helpful. The breakfast is amazing! It's on the doorstep of Cork city and the surrounding countryside.
We would consider this to be one of the best if not the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest somewhat_travelled,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again at Hayfield Manor, and to take the time and effort to write your excellent review. Your loyalty and support is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your lovely positive comments and feedback about out hotel and our staff, I will be sure to extend your gratitude on to the whole team. It is always a delight to receive such wonderful comments and it is a great boost of morale for all of us. Thank you again.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor once again, and we hope you will have a wonderful wedding anniversary.

Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

As a post new baby treat my husband wanted to take me out to somewhere special for our first night out. We chose Orchids at Hayfield Manor hotel and we were so glad we did. From our pre dinner drinks in the bar to our digestifs in the lobby after, we were so well attended to and loved every minute. The food served was amazing, I would actually say the malay curried monkfish was one of the best dishes I have ever had. My husband also loved his meal and we were both impressed with the presentation, service and attention to detail. The manager on the night, Marcin, gave an excellent wine recommendation and his professional and friendly customer service left a lasting impression. It has taken a while to post this review but I felt I should do so as it was a really memorable experience. For a special occasion I would definitely recommend a visit to this charming hotel and this fabulous restaurant. Thanks to all who made our night so great.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest Michelle T,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to write such a great review, and I am truly delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your meal with us.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and positive feedback about our service, cuisine and staff, particularly Marcin; I will be sure to extend your gratitude on to everyone. I am delighted that you enjoyed your very special occasion.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service, and would be delighted to welcome you and your new baby back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Warm Regards

cork
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and i spent one night in the hayfield manor on the 3rd of march and it was heaven.

From the beautiful entrance and gardens leading into a lush lobby with excellent staff,the check in was so smooth,shown to our room and wow,it was so beautiful.
The staff are a credit to this hotel and well done to excellent managers also as they lead the way.

we decided to use the pool and had a dip in the warm outdoor jacuzzi looking up at the clear blue skies.

That evening,we had 2 drinks in the bar before going to orchids,lovely bar and so relaxing,at this stage,we felt we were there for around 2 weeks as we were so relaxed.

later we went for dinner in Orchids,silver service,class.Great staff in here and all should be commended.We were so full after the dinner,we decided to have an early night bringing an end to a perfect day.

the next day we had a great breakfast and we decided to have a walk around the garden,although small,they even had an Aviary with finches,budgies etc,great for kids and adults alike

at this stage,we are just counting down the days when we can return and do it all again...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest Snuggycork,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to read that you had such a wonderful relaxing experience with us during your recent stay. It is always a wonderful to receive such positive and kind words. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our garden and aviary also. Thank you so much for the great feedback about our cuisine and our staff, it is a pleasure to read your lovely comments.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We took a luxury break here - away from the rest of our group; and all I can say is 'money well spent.' The hotel is opulant and service amazing. Clean, attentive staff (particularly the young porter that took our luggage to our room:)

I would stay here again; the onl;y down side is that it is a taxi ride into Cork centre.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jarleth H
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Guest Jarleth H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel, and in particular our staff. I will be sure to pass on your gratitude to the whole team.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review and it would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

General Manger