“beautiful church”

St. Peter and Paul's Church
Ranked #13 of 157 things to do in Cork
Reviewed 11 July 2017

if you want to see a church that is stuck in time this church is a must visit. its right in the centre of cork and its architecture is beautiful.

There are newer reviews for St. Peter and Paul's Church

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I always wanted to see where my Mother grew up. She was born on Lower Oliver Plunkett. She lived there until 1915 and emigrated to the US with her Mother and baby Brother. My Grandfather had come over two years earlier. The house stayed in the family until 2009 after the death of my Great Uncle Joe. Interestingly, he was six years younger than my mother, his niece! I was in it once before in August 1966. When I visited for the last time I did note that on the stairs were Popular Science magazines, and the first one i noted was August 1966. Odd coincidence, and evidence of less than ideal housekeeping. The church is lovely, I particularly was interested in the baptismal fount which still is in use. It's a short walk around the corner from Oliver Plunkett Street.

3  Thank FloridaJawdoc
Reviewed 21 May 2017

This church is incredible! The craftsmanship of the stained glass, marble pillars, carved confessionals and more was amazing. Would have loved to take pictures inside, but several people were in there praying and I didn't feel it was right to be taking photos.

How sad though that this beautiful church is almost hidden by banks, shops, restaurants and more of busy St Patrick Street.

2  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 30 March 2017

St Peter and Paul's Church is a perfect refuge from the hustle and bustle of Patrick Street and Plunkett Street. Its gothic revival interior is serenity itself, particularly the 3/4 life-size angel lamps that illuminate the aisles. JUst around the corner from Starbucks and the Crawford Municipal Art Gallery.

2  Thank rfmcnulty
Reviewed 28 March 2017

We wandered in here while looking around the town, mass was taking place and we set down! It is a really beautiful church filled with angels! Very peaceful! Nice place to light a candle!

3  Thank Lisa B