“Grand venue ”

Opera House at Emmet Place
Ranked #5 of 14 Concerts & Shows in Cork
More attraction details
Owner description: Cork Opera House is southern Ireland’s premiere venue for world-class entertainment. It offers the best in Irish and international concerts, comedy, drama, dance, family fare, musicals and opera in a newly-renovated 1000-seat theatre and in the 100-seat Half Moon Theatre. Located in the heart of vibrant Cork City for more than 150 years.
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

It does the job though it's not terribly big so if you're booking tickets for a show book early as there aren't a whole lot of seats. Went to see Booka Brass Band during the Jazz festival and it was a grand venue.

All reviews
"comedy"
in 5 reviews
"buzz"

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I recently saw Annie here great theatre we were up at the very top he heat was unbearable so just a tip to try avoid. Bar men were really friendly at t was great being able to order drinks for the break in advance .

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

While on holidays in Cork we attended Annie in the Opera House. They cater for families with a shop and restaurant available downstairs prior to the show. The bar was well staffed ensuring prompt service. Some additional toilets would be greatly welcomed especially when the venue is at full capacity. There is numerous car parks located closeby along with a variety of restaurants. The views from the upstairs bar are absolutely beautiful.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

I went to see Annie with my daughter and we both thoroughly enjoyed the show. My daughter has not stopped singing the various songs since!!

However, I was disappointed at the number of extremely young children at the show who had little or no interest in being there. Some in front of us played Minecraft for most of the second half of this amazing performance.

Also, I was horrified at the amount of rubbish which was left on the floor of the Opera House. When was it acceptable behaviour to just 'dump' sweet wrappers, coffee cups, popcorn - you name it, it was simply left on the floor for staff members to clean up.

Finally, we ate in the cafe at the Opera House beforehand and it was absolutely delicious.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Went to see Annie with my wife and daughter last week and it was very professionally done and staff were very helpful.....I can understand why the ticket prices were so high after seeing the show.The only issue I have is the bizarre scenario of having to pay 3.50 euro per ticket to book tickets on the phone and online.....it added an extra 10 euro onto the price that could have been better spent.I would go to more shows with my family but I begrudge paying extra for the 'privilege' of booking in advance as I don't live in the city.