“Breakfast was best we had in Ireland”

Orchids Restaurant at Hayfield Manor
Ranked #44 of 716 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$80 - US$80
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, International
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The setting of this stylish restaurant is especially impressive in summer as it overlooks our enclosed gardens and you can enjoy the long, bright evenings while sampling Head Chef's fantastic creations. The menu is extremely versatile including the freshest seafood and locally sourced meat dishes. The restaurant is set within a dramatic & glamorous backdrop, inspired by the eponymous flower. Please note Orchids Restaurant is not open 7 days a week. It is not open on Sundays and is only open Friday & Saturdays in low season.
Reviewed September 6, 2018

Smoked salmon and eggs were the best we had anywhere in Ireland. Lovely hotel in Cork, within walking distance to town. Only there one night, but i'd go back for the yummy breakfast!

Reviewed September 5, 2018

This restaurant provides high quality food and service. The menu was filled with dishes highlighting local and seasonal fare, beautifully presented and served and with the possibility of a wine pairing if preferred. The restaurant is popular and deservedly so, but this did not compromise the quality of food or service.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Recently had dinner in the Orchids with friends for a special event and I have to say that it was fantastic, the staff were very friendly and knowledge about the food & wine.
The service was incredible and there was no rush with the table as it was yours for the night. The food was really enjoyable and the whole evening was very comfortable and relaxing. A really great night.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Beautiful, we dined here 3 times during our stay (both in the orchard and the adjoining restaurant ,as they have 2 in the building) and each time truly beautiful meals.
on 2 occasions there were 6 in the party and the other occasion 4 so we had a great opportunity to have a sample of the menus. On all the occasions all 3 courses were first class. Service also first class .
We are back during the Jazz festival and gonna be eating here. Can't recommend enough.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

We arrived at 8:30 p.m. There were several tour buses in the parking lot when we arrived. That should have been a clue. The place was packed with tourists.

I ordered a mojito before dinner and a bottle of wine with dinner. The wine arrived but my drink did not. I asked for it THREE times. It finally arrived. It was a glass of crushed ice that clogged the straw and dripped all over me and the table. I could barely drink it. Cost: 16 euros. I really should have sent it back.

Next came dinner. It's a prix fix menu for 69 eu per person. They were out of both the appetizer and main course that my husband ordered. My steak, which I ordered medium rare, arrived bloody and uncooked without a steak knife. No one bothered to ask us if everything was okay. My husband ordered lamb. We had no knives with which to cut our meat. He had to get up and go find someone to bring us steak knives. By the time we got the knives, our dinners were cold.

We were served a melted sorbet between courses. It was sour but we ate it anyway. Big mistake! We were served coffee and tea at the end of the meal but had to pour it ourselves. No one bothered to pour our wine, water, etc. We received the bill but no one showed up to take our credit card. Again, we had to go and find someone to help us. It was almost like no one in the entire restaurant even knew we were there. We were totally ignored the entire evening.

Absolutely the WORST service I've ever received at a "fine dining" restaurant. It was our 42nd wedding anniversary and we were so disappointed. We both left feeling ill and had terrible indigestion which we think was from the sorbet. Take our advice and JUST SKIP THIS PLACE! It's not worth it.

1  Thank janerrrr