“Great Breakfast”
Review of Cafe Serendipity

Ranked #43 of 716 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since October 2012 we are now serving Dinner from 6pm to close Thursday to Saturday. All Day Breakfast and Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. We are a modern Cafe on the Western Road in Cork City Opp River Lee Hotel. We serve Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch. Morning Coffee and treats and Afternoon Tea and Treats. Scones served with Jam and Cream. All made for you, by us in our Kitchen at Serendipity."Fresh Homemade Food" Call in to see us anytime.
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

Can't recommend Cork as a destination enough. Stayed at excellent River Lee hotel and used lovely Serendipity for breakfast. Great local food served by charming staff.

CafeSerendipity, Owner at Cafe Serendipity, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Delighted you enjoyed

Reviewed February 13, 2017

We had lunch on a Saturday on the Cafe Serendipity and it was amazing! Loads of tasty choices. I had the mushroom risotto and it was very good, my husband had the steak sandwich which was beautiful and we shared a dessert. Very good prices. Tasty food. Lovely staff and close to the city and UCC.

CafeSerendipity, Owner at Cafe Serendipity, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

We're delighted you enjoyed your visit.
Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Had lunch in Cafe Serendipity recently as I had wanted to try it for a while & I have to say that I wasn't disappointed. The menu choice is very good they even though a great brunch menu. Staff are very friendly and very reasonably priced.

So glad you enjoyed
Thanks for visiting

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

My Wife, daughter and I found this place by pure serendipity. We had planned eating at a different restaurant which had been booked out, so we resorted to trip advisor to find one of the best in the area that suited us.

We booked a table for three and arrived 15 minutes later.

The menu is good value, and varied with eight or nine starters, and the main courses carrying about the same
A good mix between fish, chicken, beef, Lamb and duck.

My daughter who believes that any of the real estate on a plate wasted by vegetables should be sacrificed for meat had the lamb shank. The shank was large, succulent, and tasty.

My wife had the goats cheese tart which was beautiful, and I had the fishcakes to start which were very tasty, followed by the duck which was excellent.

As I was the only person having a starter the waiter brought along a sorbet for my wife and daughter so that I was not eating alone,

One starter, two bottles of water, three main courses, and two deserts both with coffee, came to Less than €90

With a three course à la cart menu for €25 this place is not to be missed.

The only downside was that the table we had had a draft coming from the door every time the door opened.

I have read that they do excellent eggs Benedict, so might just go there this morning

CafeSerendipity, Owner at Cafe Serendipity, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2017

Thank you so much for visiting.
We're delighted you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

Don't over look this gem for breakfast or lunch, reasonably priced food that's tasty too! Been here with family and on dates, it's great for both.

CafeSerendipity, Owner at Cafe Serendipity, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Hi Brid,
Thanks for your kind review.
As you say it is perfect for both. We think it's ideal for Dinner too on Thursday Friday and Saturday nights from 6.
That's your next date sorted