2 people are viewing this hotel
US$114
US$114
Free cancellation until 21-04-30
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$126
US$111
SAVE US$15
Hotels.comUS$114
PricelineUS$126
eDreamsUS$114
1,112 results
All reviews concierge john cork city afternoon tea beautiful hotel short break excellent location great stay central location definitely stay here again staff were so friendly would highly recommend this hotel train station car park bar and restaurant stayed for one night leisure centre from start to finish
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2021 via mobile

We are in UK and can’t get over to Ireland to see our 90 year old mother in Cork to celebrate her birthday due to lockdown
We arranged a afternoon tea delivery and what a fantastic choice to pick the Metropole hotel for our birthday surprise John and his team did a fantastic job and the contents and beautiful presentation were second to none. Also the guy who delivered this afternoon tea was also an added “beautiful presentation” the whole package was very pleasing on the eye of a 90 year old thanks again Metropole hotel, great service and all on a very busy valentines weekend.
Many thanks
Marion K

Trip type: Travelled with family
John Coleman, Other at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2021

Dear madge_the_badge1
Thank you so much for your really lovely review on your and your Mothers experience of our Afternoon tea delivery . Covid has caused so much separation to some many families that we are only too happy to help make the connection and help loved ones know how much they are cared for and loved. I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you and your family to the Metropole when restrictions permit. In the meantime keep safe and keep in touch .

Reviewed February 12, 2021

Excellent service and great location. We had to attend a family funeral and the staff were very helpful and courteous. Would definitely book again, but next time would look for a slightly bigger room .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
John Coleman, Other at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2021

Dear callanscully
Thank you for your review on your recent visit to ourselves. The team will be delighted to read your comments . I do hope that the next time we have the opportunity to welcome you back will be under better circumstances. In the meantime keep safe and keep in touch .

Reviewed February 8, 2021

I stayed at the Met for 3 week including mandatory quarantine and I have no complaint!
The staff was very kind and professional, especially the concierge who went out of his way to help me settle in and feel at home. He even took some of his personal time to help me with accommodation and the administrative mess I was in. Truly a great man!

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear NewInCork
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a lovely review on your experience with ourselves and your first experience in our great city. On a personal note it was my pleasure to be able to assist in whatever way possible. I do hope that you are settling into work and life in Cork .
"Check in as a guest , check out as a friend." i look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropole for a relaxing dinner when guidelines allow.

Reviewed February 2, 2021 via mobile

The location is ideal: central and close to the train station. The hotel has an old-skool Irish vibe which works. But what makes the Cork Metropole special? Why did I give it five stars? Simple: the team. And the service they provide. It’s the best service I’ve ever had. And I’ve worked in the service industry my whole life.

I’m a vegan and the food wasn’t just the usual token risotto. They had a proper 3 course plant-based meal. The music in the restaurant - Blondie, Television, The Human League - was proper. And Niall was so friendly. So too the man at breakfast and everyone on the front desk.

Cool place. Can’t recommend it enough.

Trip type: Travelled on business
John Coleman, Other at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2021

Dear 933mickg

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent visit to ourselves. Guests are always delighted with the location and how accessible we are from all the central parts of the city. The team will be delighted to read your comments.
I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. In the meantime be sure to keep safe and keep in touch.

Guest relation Manager,

Reviewed January 30, 2021

Stayed there for 2 nights last week for essential reasons, everything was spotless from room to lobby. Food was excellent. The staff were very professional and really helpful and friendly, I look forward to staying there again when things return to normal, Even though all the staff were excellent I would specifically mention Shelly who served us breakfast both mornings, she was the most friendly person and provided absolutely exceptional service, really made us feel safe and comfortable, an absolute gem and credit to the hotel.

Room tip: I opted for the executive double, really comfortable and very quiet
Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
John Coleman, Other at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2021

Dear W406CJmichaelm

Thank you so much for your lovely detailed review on your recent visit to ourselves. Shelly and all the team will be delighted to read your comments. I do hope that when we can welcome back leisure guests or if you need to return during the lockdown for essential travel that you will have no hesitation to contact us.

Kind regards,