“Lunch shawarma”

Ranked #93 of 723 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Lebanese, Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lebanese & Moroccan Cuisine is Authentic,fresh,aromatic and full of flavours,Food in both regions is a social event and is enjoyed in the circle of friends & family.Join us in the culinary journey and transport yourself to the exotic location with our dishes.
Reviewed September 27, 2018

Really great spot. Delicious Shawarma and Hummus. Highly recommend the rose water turkish coffee! Will definitely be back

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Visited as part of a group booking with colleagues at dinner time.
Ordered a variety of hot and cold starters to share, which were served beautifully and all very nice. The Falafel and baba ghanouj gets a special mention.
The restaurant decor itself is understated with clear attention time detail. The staff are friendly and helpful. Lovely first experience,I do recommend and would visit again.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

To commence with the positives ! the service was excellent, friendly and interactive (which saved this review being a one star) but there the positives end.
I used to be a very regular diner in this restaurant but haven't been in a year or so and quite looked forward to my return. in the interim I believe that the establishment has come under new management.
As someone who is in business myself I don't lightly give a poor review, however in my opinion the quality of the food has dropped significantly since my last visit.
We both had a shawarma as a starter course, one chicken, one lamb. This dish in past times included a very smooth hummus with a freshly baked garlic flat bread, however we both found the hummus to be anything but smooth, harsh on the palate and the flat bread was a pitta bread with a bit of garlic oil over it, whats more I think I'm fairly safe in the assertion that the pitta's were of the shop bought variety. It looked unappetising and looked far better than it ate.
For main I had a "King Prawn" Tagine, it was quite a liberty to refer to the prawns as "King" and the rice was quite unlike anything I've ever eaten ! it was more like a pulse than a rice.
My partner had a meat moussaka which was quite simply a vegetable stew with minced lamb on top, certainly not layered and whilst I am not an expert in Turkish cuisine, I do have a fairly educated palate and realise there is a different between Turkish & Greek moussaka, however this dish was fairly unappetising ! so much so, that my partner ate the lamb mince and left the rest.
Whilst there were spice present, the meals were not in any way balanced, and we both found them to be very heavy with the spice being more of an assault on the palate rather than the gastronomical experience we had expected and took for granted in previous visits. The meal sat heavily repeating for quite a few hours after completion.
All reviews are down to personal experience and there are many positive ones published with regard to this restaurant, unfortunately however ours was anything but. With the exception of the server nothing about our meal was value for money and considering the competition on offer within a short walk, this return visit will regretfully be my last to this restaurant.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

When we were inside I felt like we are not in Ireland. The atmosphere is really different and unique with the music and style. The food was tasty, different that we get used to. I ordered lamb, which was really tender and soft. It's not the cheapest restaurant, but worth to try out as it offers special food.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

We Been in cork for 3 days, this was the best dinner so far here Fabulous welcome,lovely surroundings, atmosphere was unusual and cozy, excellent service,superb food "authentic chunks of lamb and vegetables tagines with traditionnel steamed couscous",wonderful value
Will go back on our next visit to Cork