“good as ever”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 8 April 2012

we have stayed in this hotel a number of times as its always our choice when we come to cork for convenience. last night was first time we have been since it became the 'river lee' and i'm glad to see standards have been maintained. the rooms are lovely and very clean. breakfast was excellentas usual. i have only 2 minor quibbles. we have always before stayed at the front of the hotel however this time we were in room 320 which is to the back of the hotel and as i always sleep with a window open i was woken early by loud chatter, when i looked to see where it was coming from it was what appeared to be a staff smoking area in the yard beneath us. maybe word about keeping the noise levels down up to 9am as sound does travel wouldn't go amiss. the duvet on our bed was also a bit limp and sad looking but these are as i said small things which shoouldn't put anyone off staying in this lovely hotel. we will be back

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear ManninTipp,

Thank you for taking the time to post your tripadvisor review and indeed your continued support of the River Lee Hotel. I am so sorry about the noise disturbance and I can assure you this will not occur again and I have also instructed my Housekeeping Manager investigate the duvets we use in the rooms. I was however delighted that despite this you still enjoyed your stay and I hope we can continue to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had origionally booked into The Clonakilty Townhouse but due to their mistake they never booked our second night, so at the last minuite we booked The River Lee Hotel, due to a mixup on the hotels part i think we got the second night free which made th stay even nicer. At first glance the hotel was spectacular, very clean and very modern, the staff were very pleasent to deal with and very helpful, the room was a very good size with a nice view of the River Lee. The best thing about the room was the shower, it was fantastic. We would highly recomend a stay it this hotel. The only downside was the pillows, a small thing but there you go.

2  Thank deco21
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear Deco21

Thank you for choosing the River Lee Hotel for your stay and for your wonderful comments about our hotel, bedrooms and staff, it is great to receive such positive feedback from customers. I hope we can continue to deliver high standards for any future stays.

I have taken your feedback about the pillows under advisement and will speak with My Housekeeping Manager in relation to this.

To advise you for future stays we do offer feather and Foam pillows for our customers so please do make sure and speak with our reservationists about any special requests.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the River Lee Hotel.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I've stayed in quite a few hotels in Cork, and this one had nicest rooms + nicest lobby.
Service seemed to be quite good (although we weren't in the hotel a lot to really check that out).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dermfrench

Dear Dermfrench
Thank you or taking the time to post your tripadvisor review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thought so highly of our hotel and facilities.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the river lee Hotel.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

myself and my partner stayed here.its as good as any hotel we ever stayed in.seldom you get such a feel good feeling about a place.staff professional and courteous.rooms and beds perfect.food very good.breakfast was tasty and well presented in a lovely dining area.we will be back for sure.!!...sinead, county clare

Dear Sinead B
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see such wonderful comments and see that we catered for your needs during your stay. I have shared all your positive comments with my team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the River Lee Hotel soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We booked this hotel after reading about it on trip advisor and were not disappointed in any way. Check-in was excellent and our room was superb. From the excellent coffee making facilities to the entertainment facilities, we would have nothing but praise for the room facilities, The food in the hotel is beautiful. Breakfast was very busy, yet there were no delays in seating us and food was plentiful. The food in the bar was excellent so much so that we ate in the bar for the 2 nights we stayed in the hotel. Definitely worth considering if you are visiting Cork.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear KKSuperCats,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and indeed for sharing your positive comments with other guests. I was delighted to read your lovely review about the hotel facilities, Bedroom, staff and dining experiences.
I hope to welcome you back soon to the River lee Hotel.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Positioned in a convienient locale, in a nice area of Cork beside the University, this hotel was lovely and modern with friendly and attentive staff - particularly the breakfast and bar staff. The rooms were lovely and cleaned to a high standard every day - the separate bath and walk in shower was an added room bonus. One minor quibble was the lack of biscuits with tea and coffee in the room, something even lower starred hotels provide, but overall found staying at the hotel a terrific experience and would definately recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ggk22
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear GGH22,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and indeed for sharing such positive comments with myself and future guests of our Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can continue to exceed your expectations for future stays and rest assured that I have spoken with my Housekeeping Manager in regards to the amenities in the Bedrooms including the biscuits.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

The River Lee Hotel

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Can't fault it. Great price. It is a relatively new hotel and is bright, clean and just an attractive space
- Got a great deal on a room on the executive floor with access to executive lounge where we served ourselves from coffee, fruit, yogurt, juice and scones etc every morning looking out at the swans on the river reading the free newspapers
- Room and bathroom a good size. Good shower.
- could be a little noisy if you opened the windows, alright, (it is on one of the main roads into Cork) but quiet if windows are closed
- nice pool and gym with whirlpool, sauna, steam room if you are into that sort of thing - need a hat to go in the pool

easy walk into the city.
try lunch in the coffee shop in the English Market.
We eat in Cornmarket and Market Lane restaurants - both great.

Room Tip: executive floor worth it if you can get a deal.